Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Wizard's Mist 'n Shine

If you have a dark colored car and have not tried this detailer yet, get some! Not bashing anything else, as I've probably used it... I know there's a "favorite" detail spray here on C5, but trust me... this stuff is mind blowingly good, and worth trying out. It works in direct sun without streaking and adds noticible shine and depth...especially black.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Why dark colors?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
joeybsyc

It works on any color, but on darker colors is where you really notice this is better stuff than most other quick detailers, especially when using it in the sun. It doesn't streak at all, even if you accidently allow it to dry on the surface...and adds a depth/darkness to the paint... and there is no silicone in it either. A friend told me about it and I was skeptical, as I've tried just about everything (as I'm sure you have too) but found that this is indeed better than anything else I've used. It also adds a slickness to the finish and makes it feel smoother than other detail sprays I've compared it against. I don't hear too much chatter about it, and figured I'd pass the word as it's the best stuff I've found yet.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Do you have an ordering link?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
joeybsyc

Just to be clear... I'm not a dealer or affiliated with it in any way, just found that it works really well and figured I'd share. I actually bought my gallon on ebay, but here's a link to the company's site.

http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store...p?productid=11
Old 07-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Hmm

'Hides swirls '
'Contains no wax solvents or silicone '

I generally make it a habit not to buy products from companies who mislabel or can't even describe their own product (ahem..Zaino) but I might still give this a try at some point.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
joeybsyc

I don't know about mislabeling, all I know is that it really works really well for a quick detailer. If it didn't I wouldn't recommend it. Give it a try, if you don't like it I'll buy it from you!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Joey, not trying to speak for Matt or to sound confrontational here but many of us (in the detailing section of the forum) prefer to fix the problem instead of covering it up with products like the one you mention.

Black, blue yellow or white colored cars don't mater. The clear coat on top of the base coat doesn't care what color your car is, but is the layer that in most cases shows the swirls. It's just easier to see on a darker color. Any surface damage and products that claim to be "the fix" for that damage particularly for dark cars will come under close scrutiny for those of us that research correcting methods and maintenance for our cars.

Your product looks like it'll fall into that category so there will be a certain level of skepticism from this group. We'll just want pictures and some of us will go as far as buying the product to debunk the advertisers claim. We're weird that way.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Weird? Guess you can call it that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
CamaroDreams07

The only intention of my post was that their website says that it doesn't have fillers, then says it fills swirls. They can't both be true...

I honestly don't care which it is, just makes me a little nervous when a company writes stuff like that. Certainly doesn't mean it can't still be a good product though.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
You dont know...maybe it fills with fairy dust.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
joeybsyc

Hey, I don't care if any of you buy any or you don't. Was just passing along a tip. I like to get the surface perfect too, but unless you just polished it an hour ago, odds are good you have some minor surface flaw somewhere. This stuff works, doesn't hurt your paint, and well.. I just thought I'd pass along the info. If you don't think it's product description works for you, or if it makes you nervous then don't buy any. I just know it makes my car look great and feel slick and hasn't hurt a thing. I use it on my Camaro and my hot rod regularly with great results.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
bbbang

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss/rs ls3
A friend of mine with a body shop in Kentucky gave some of this Wizards product to try. He thought it was great. I have used it on cars and boats and like it.
bbbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
joeybsyc

I just found out a local auto body/paint distributor sells it. Check your local shops, you might be able to get it or sample it without having to order online.