Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
.Hack

Drives: Ford Mustang GT 2006 MT
2008 Shelby GT Super Snake (600-725 HP)

Shelby GT500 Shelby Super Snake

Quote:
Shelby Automobiles will use newly-developed Ford Racing GT500 performance packs to help transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes. The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500’s handling, styling and power; tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Only a limited number of Super Snakes will be built per model year at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas beginning in late 2007.

“My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars” said Carroll Shelby. “I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we’re giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance.”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car.

“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 “Super Snake” for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

“The name ‘Super Snake’ is legendary because the one that Shelby built was the pinnacle of muscle cars in 1967,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “We’re bringing that concept forward 40 years for customers who own a Ford Shelby GT500. We’ll give their car amazing new capabilities.”

Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the GT500 Super Snake package which will include:

* Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
* 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
* Ford Racing performance exhaust system
* Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
* Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels
* Ford Racing short-throw shifter
* Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
* Front brake cooling ducts
* Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
* ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
* ‘Super Snake’ vehicle badging
* Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed component
* Official Shelby CSM dash plate

In addition, while the full Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the Super Snake package will be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing starting in June.
What do you think?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I'm not suprised, Carroll Shelby is going to be building some really cool cars before he croaks. I am sure Ron Pratte will be buying the first one. He owns almost everything else Carroll has built or personally owned.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
djthecop

Drives: Toyota
if i could/would afford this, it would be mine NOW.
djthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Wow.. but I still would never buy one (if I could afford one) but it does make me say.. wow with the HP.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Three letters...... IRS
A car with over 400 hp should have independent rear suspension. So this is pushing it.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
There will be Camaro tuners that will be giving more or less the same power. In a better looking and handling car. But that won't be for another two years. I'd take a Super Sport over a Super Snake any day
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It has no warranty on the top version. That makes me wonder a lot about build quality. Are the parts really capable of running that much power? If they are, then it should have some sort of warranty. If they are not, then Shelby should go ahead and upgrade those parts.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Man the guys at GM better pick it up i'm tired of hearing crap from chevyforlife about this hunk of junk and being able to beat the ZR1
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
Man the guys at GM better pick it up i'm tired of hearing crap from chevyforlife about this hunk of junk and being able to beat the ZR1
lol, the 725 hp one may be able to get fairly close to a ZR1 in a straight line but if it has to stop or actually go around corners the Mustank will be left in the dust. 2 very different cars with very different buyers.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
lol, the 725 hp one may be able to get fairly close to a ZR1 in a straight line but if it has to stop or actually go around corners the Mustank will be left in the dust. 2 very different cars with very different buyers.
True but he say's there making a 800 and 900 hp one that DOES have warrenty is this true?
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #11
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
So the 600hp version has a warranty, the 725hp one doesnt, but 800hp and 900hp ones do? That doesnt jive. I've only heard of the 600 and 725 flavors but I suppose there could be others, just depends how deep someone's pockets are. IMHO warranties are made to be broken. Mine will be voided as soon as I get my 5th gen back to the house.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
At a car show a couple of weeks ago I parked my Old School Muscle car right next to a brand new mustang GT. He was advertising that his car was going to be one of the few to get the super snake kit. It looked pretty cool, but it was an additional 30K.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
At a car show a couple of weeks ago I parked my Old School Muscle car right next to a brand new mustang GT. He was advertising that his car was going to be one of the few to get the super snake kit. It looked pretty cool, but it was an additional 30K.
If the guy had a 'GT', unless I'm wrong, he's BSing you. The Super Snake pkg., is an addition to the GT500.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
an additional 30k? how in the Freak is that justified?

hell for the price these morons are willing to spend on a ford, i could have bought a camaro from every generation and supe them up to that kinda hp.

or, i could just buy a vette and throw a smaller pulley on the s/c, whoop the crap out of them, and still have money left over.

Quote:
In 1967, Shelby American built one 427-powered GT500 “Super Snake” for Mel Burns Ford. Carroll Shelby drove it at the Goodyear test track for tire promotion film production. That car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. The new Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be equally potent.

soooo...they are saying they'll finally get a mustang to 170? thats fine... stock vettes can do what? 200?

Quote:
“Mustang enthusiasts are demanding more from both Ford Racing and Shelby Autos” said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. “The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some … in a uniquely Ford – Shelby way.”

uniquely ford-shelby way.... meaning they are going to bend you over the counter and rail you till you cant walk with the extra 30k you have to spend on it.

All I have to say is this...
New packaging, same product...losers.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote