Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #239
ghazzi1397
Hail to the GENERAL

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
It has been a long time, and I really can't expalin why, but do not worry.
They are already approved, and added to our contract, so they are definetely going to be licensed. Plus we have already paid one years royalties on them. Which is just a percentage of what we think we will sell the first year. They would not take money on parts that would not be approved.

The only thing stopping it is for someone to look at a sample part we submitted a while back. After that, we are good to go.

I was a Manufacturing Engineer for many years, and this is called the PPAP part. Production part approval. It is a normal part of the approval process, but it is the hang up right now. GM has already approved and signed off on these parts, and some other parts along with them.

That's what makes this a little fustrating. 99% of this is complete. Just 1 little percent more, and its over. I was given a new date when they will approve, but to avoid jinxing everything I am not saying what it is, because each time I do, something bad happens. If I keep my mouth shut, it might change things

Dont give up now. If the new date they told me is true, This thread will move to the vendors section very soon.

Thanks, Roger

Nice
(3800) Order produced [06/18/2010]
Available to ship from Osh [06/17/2010]
In-Transit from Osh [06/29/2010]
Available to ship from rail yard [07/08/2010]
Delivered [07/12/10]
ghazzi1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #240
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Thanks Roger, I feel better.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #241
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
the dam is going to break....I can feel it.......Tell them lazy bastards that have that ppap part sitting on thier desk to get going....they have your money soo lets gooo....
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #242
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
the dam is going to break....I can feel it.......Tell them lazy bastards that have that ppap part sitting on thier desk to get going....they have your money soo lets gooo....

You are correct. I am going to contact them again this week by Thursday if I do not hear anything. Things like this require a certain kind of approach.
I just need to figure out what it is?

Thanks, Roger
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #243
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
This has become Major
Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #244
dragonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
This has become Major
Definitely. But at the same time, I need to be polite about it when talking to them.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #245
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
You are correct. I am going to contact them again this week by Thursday if I do not hear anything. Things like this require a certain kind of approach.

Thanks, Roger
Gunpoint? LOL
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #246
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Thanks, Roger

Agreed... I have saved and spent this mod money about 5 times now. LOL!

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #247
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
My suggestion is to tell them that if you can't get the necessary paperwork you are going to go to Dodge and/or Ford because you have to make a living. It may also help to tell them how many Camaro owners have been patiently waiting for GM to get off of their duff. It's just not right what they are doing to you, it's like they are holding you hostage until someone @ GM "feels like" doing what needs to be done.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #248
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
My suggestion is to tell them that if you can't get the necessary paperwork you are going to go to Dodge and/or Ford because you have to make a living. It may also help to tell them how many Camaro owners have been patiently waiting for GM to get off of their duff. It's just not right what they are doing to you, it's like they are holding you hostage until someone @ GM "feels like" doing what needs to be done.

Russ
Threats will only make it worse in a situation like this. That is the exact opposite thing he should do.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #249
dragonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post

Russ

I actually have no way of knowing "why", I just know it "has" taken a lot longer this time around. And where it sits, is at the very end of the process. It just makes no sense to me.
As I posted earlier, it is not only holding up these parts but other parts we have ready to submit.
I will wait until Thursday, and contact them again. Getting upset at the guy I talk with will not help, it is not his fault either. He has apologized on several occasions. So he, nor I have any control over it.
From what I know it is just a finalization meeting with GM "this is what I was told." I am thinking that it may not be only my parts that are in this situation, it may be affecting other companies as well.
I could explain the process from start to finish, but it is really a bit confusing. However, I promise you it is at the end of it.
So I am hoping for good news on Thursday.

Trust me, I appreciate your patience.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #250
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
GM

This is the type of BS that basically bankrupted GM in the first place. They will never learn that their methods DO NOT work in regards to the amount of RED TAPE that they throw at the ANY situations that require any type of approval process. It will lead ultimately to their demise unless they get their shit together. I LOVE my new Camaro but I SELL AUDI's because THAT company actually listens to their customers and REACTS to the what THEY want. It is NO WONDER that they are flush with billions of dollars in cash reserves and GM has to have our taxpayer money to bail their ass out.

The ULTIMATE judge on how well a company is managed is the marketplace. GM has got some GREAT products especially the last few years from the Cadillac division and with ther new Camaro introduction. If their management structure doesn't screw it up they will be fine although based on past experience I wouldn't count on it. Why do you think they bought out Ross Perot??? He was a direct threat to their OLD way of doing business which hasn't really changed as far as I can tell.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #251
dragonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
This is the type of BS that basically bankrupted GM in the first place. They will never learn that their methods DO NOT work in regards to the amount of RED TAPE that they throw at the ANY situations that require any type of approval process. It will lead ultimately to their demise unless they get their shit together. I LOVE my new Camaro but I SELL AUDI's because THAT company actually listens to their customers and REACTS to the what THEY want. It is NO WONDER that they are flush with billions of dollars in cash reserves and GM has to have our taxpayer money to bail their ass out.

The ULTIMATE judge on how well a company is managed is the marketplace. GM has got some GREAT products especially the last few years from the Cadillac division and with ther new Camaro introduction. If their management structure doesn't screw it up they will be fine although based on past experience I wouldn't count on it. Why do you think they bought out Ross Perot??? He was a direct threat to their OLD way of doing business which hasn't really changed as far as I can tell.

"Normally" it is not that bad.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #252
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
anyplace else I can buy?

Does anyone know of any site where I can buy under hood badging similar to these on this thread? My guess is that it will be non GM approved, but have to go that route and then switch them later "if" they are finally released. Would like to have something mounted prior to the next car show in 2 weeks.

P.S. Maybe they are waiting for the Z28 Camaro to come out first! (just kidding)

Thanks,
Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote