Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
oktc971

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
2010 Paint Issues

I have a 2010 Camaro. It should be a beautiful Black. It's too bad the paint is crap. Soft and is flaking off in places. Other spots it is so soft if I wipe it with a bath towel after I wash it, the paint scratches the black off to the white primer. My Dealership has painted about a quarter of it and put something like scotch tape on it to hold the paint on. They want the factory rep to veiw it but he or she cannot do anything until July; maybe. The funny thing is they will not give me the phone number or email address of the Rep. or the reps boss. I love the car but absolutely cannot stand the crappy paint job. When I talk to the Dennis at the customer service line I get the feeling they think if they stall me long enough I will just give up!!!!!!

If anyone has a Vice Presidents or CEO email address could you send it to me..

Thanks
oktc971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
MTMTE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Transformer Edition
I feel your pain, this paint things got alot of people upset. You gotta watch out there are a few idiots on here that think we are cry babies and should take it in the ass on these issues!!
If they are fixing it for you, I think you will be alright, sad you gotta deal with it though!

There is another thread on the paint chips also in this part of the forum. You should check it out, from what it sounds like though you are further along than most.
MTMTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
man, Summit white has it bad when it comes to paint matching. its soooo noticeable compared to other colors.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
i love my black and hate it at the same time
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
There is a GM rep for every district and some are assigned to certain dealers only.
You could call GM and make claim and see if you can get quicker service.

I myself am in the same boat as you. I have tons of paint defects on my car, allot pimples on the paint threw out the whole car. Its if they painted over 50 tiny small rocks shogun scattered threw the whole car. The pimples chip off as soon as I polish over them too hard. Also allot of overspray in the door jams. And one of my reverse sensors was not painted, but the dealer has taken care of that already.

I am waiting for the GM district rep as well to come check on my situation. I will keep everyone updated.
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
good luck!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
BICHN CAMARO

Drives: without a license: ss 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS-GTAW View Post
There is a GM rep for every district and some are assigned to certain dealers only.
You could call GM and make claim and see if you can get quicker service.

I myself am in the same boat as you. I have tons of paint defects on my car, allot pimples on the paint threw out the whole car. Its if they painted over 50 tiny small rocks shogun scattered threw the whole car. The pimples chip off as soon as I polish over them too hard. Also allot of overspray in the door jams. And one of my reverse sensors was not painted, but the dealer has taken care of that already.

I am waiting for the GM district rep as well to come check on my situation. I will keep everyone updated.
Please get the paint thickness measured and send me that result in a PM. If your car has less the 4 mils of paint it is thin. I have measured 4 camaros manufactured since late last fall and they all had over 8.5 mils and that indicates they have been through the paint line more than once.(mine included) Why are they going through more that once? Good question. I suspect they are having QC issues but I need that mil data and prod date on cars that are really chipping/peeling/blistering
and they all ride the bus!

Dead Milkmen
BICHN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
Hephaestus1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS A6
Best of luck to you, my black is not flaking, but ain't as good as my '01 WS6 TA either. Any auto paint job that can be scratched by fingers/soft towels alone is not good. Water-based finger paints belong in elementary school classrooms, not on automobiles...
Hephaestus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Every gm car I have ever owned had oh so paint jobs
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #10
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
Seems that even after I had the mud flaps installed i am still getting chips and scrathes in the paint on the gills. Doesnt look good up close. The ONLY problem i have with the car is the paint chips, they shouldnt be happening.

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
jrkilburn

Drives: 2LT RS
I have alot of "dirt" under the paint along the bottom of the doors and rocker panels. Chips galore all over the front end. I haven't taken it in to get looked at because it will most likely be a waste of time. My 06 Colorado had maybe 3 chips on it when I traded it in and it had 60K highway miles on it. Camaro has less than 3K and looks like hell. The wheels look like ass too. My opinion is their clear is bad.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Really? Another thread were we complain

Really sorry to interrupt the whole bitching festival but oktc, have you tried . There are a ton of threads in the Problems section about thin paint and paint chips. While you're there you could take the time to look at the very first sticky "those with camaro problems . . . . . and escalation procedures" I guarentee that CamaroPete can help you out. Mostly because they have the Chevrolet 1866 number right on the first post and if that doesn't help you there are a TON of GM employees on C5 who are more than happy to help out. Just stop complaining and ask.
We are all aware that the paint chips are a problem, and I get that you want to vent but IMO you're just bitching to bitch. Also, if the dealer put a 3M clear bra (the scotch tape as you called it) there is no way that you would see any more chips. Second point, and this is coming from my inner detailer, why on Earth would you use a bath towel to dry your car? Microfiber cloth, I will go out buy you some and then ship them to you if you want me to. The reason your scratching your paint is because you're using a bath towel.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
The reason your scratching your paint is because you're using a bath towel.
Riddle me this: I've used a 100% cotton, USA made bath towel before the "microfiber" craze, and the paint's still on my 2002 Camaro. Still looks great. You aren't convincing anyone (at least not me) the reason's anything other than crap-ass paint on these new cars.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:51 AM   #14
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Wow this is like the 30th thread complaining about the same thing. Why dont you add to the numerous other threads as opposed to start a new one every time???? The search function can be very useful...
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote