Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #43
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
ROTO-FABULOUS

Roto-Fab / Big Gulp
Attached Images

mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #44
lopoetve

Drives: 2001 Firebird Formula, 2011 Triumph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Both systems are great! The benefit to the K&N is that its made of REAL carbon fiber rather than being hydrodipped for the look. As we all know carbon fiber is not cheap.
I know we are not local to you, but we have had many people from CO. come to our shop in Salt Lake City for tunes and installation. Jordan is an excellent tuner and will get you taken care of if you don't mind an 8 hour drive. Feel free to Call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
You're actually the one on my list to use once I get there Just not for a CAI alone!
lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #45
lopoetve

Drives: 2001 Firebird Formula, 2011 Triumph
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Innovations View Post
You could run either intake without a tune. You get more power with the tune and we can remote tune with HPTuners. It's simple for just an intake. I have a tuning buddy in Denver. We have done several ZL1's and CTS-V projects plus some other huge things are in the works.
Who do you work with in Denver?
lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #46
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Get an Auto Cal and get a custom tune that way. You can put the factory tune back in if you have issues before you take it to the dealer. Is it wrong, yeah. You can look at it this way as I have not looked it up lately but when was the last time an engine failed from a tune causing it? More than likely it was from abuse at another level or defective part from casting flaw or assembly which it would have happened without the tune.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #47
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve View Post
You're actually the one on my list to use once I get there Just not for a CAI alone!
I completely agree! Get a few more mods on that beast and give us a call! If at all possible, you should try to squeeze in a track day at Miller Motorsports park while you are here! You won't regret it!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #48
BinSuwaif

Drives: ZL1
does someone have a video of the K&N I want know how it sounds
BinSuwaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #49
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Both systems are great! The benefit to the K&N is that its made of REAL carbon fiber rather than being hydrodipped for the look. As we all know carbon fiber is not cheap.
I know we are not local to you, but we have had many people from CO. come to our shop in Salt Lake City for tunes and installation. Jordan is an excellent tuner and will get you taken care of if you don't mind an 8 hour drive. Feel free to Call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Right CF is stronger and not cheap, but tubes do not break and it is just there for looks. We do not need a CF hood for anything but looks and maybe weight, it is the look most look for. CF is used for the light weight and strength. Many things made of it is not needed at all.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #50
BinSuwaif

I cant install K&N on my car because I live in AZ due to the emission rules -_-
so I guess ill go with the roto fab
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #51
Faster12

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
So KD Innovations was making the case for a New Era cai with tune. The question I would like to pose is, if you DID get a tune with your Roto-Fab, which would see more gains then? I understand your case for the New-Era, but has anybody tested the Roto-Fab w/tune for the same gains, and iats? I would love to see real world comparisons under the SAME conditions for each cai.
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #52
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
So KD Innovations was making the case for a New Era cai with tune. The question I would like to pose is, if you DID get a tune with your Roto-Fab, which would see more gains then? I understand your case for the New-Era, but has anybody tested the Roto-Fab w/tune for the same gains, and iats? I would love to see real world comparisons under the SAME conditions for each cai.
The car is tuned from the factory for HP and fuel economy also emissions. Yes I would think a tune could help with the CAI but it would depend on what octane you want to run. If you are going to tune you would want the most air flow in as you can get. The CAI can even be better than RF but then a tune would be needed like others.
The RotoFab is made so you do not need to tune.

There is not a easy way to see any gain with out a track or dyno, so most just go by what JRE posted.
Our cars we want to run around .78 lambda or 11.4 afr WOT with the CAI, it is running about that. Also our injectors are almost max duty cycle.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #53
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinSuwaif View Post
does someone have a video of the K&N I want know how it sounds
I would think almost all CAI are going to sound the same, but maybe one with a lid.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #54
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
The Roto-fab intake has all of the qualities to compete or beat anything out there in terms of performance and air flow. We use a very large filter with a 6" entry which has a molded-in generous radius to reduce to the proper duct size for the MAF, good air box design which isolates engine heat while creating a good entry for the air, good duct alignment and short duct length to minimize restriction.

Please don't let anyone mislead you! The fact our intake is capable of being used on a ZL1 without a tune is great for many of you. However, this intake is also a great choice for those going with a tune and other power additives. Roto-fab intakes have long been very popular with tuners on SC and higher HP cars because of the qualities listed above. That's one of the reasons we were so excited about the ZL1!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
KD Innovations

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2009 CTS-V
Quote:
Does anyone have a rotofab they would like to send over for that comparison?
KD Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #56
BinSuwaif

I choose called my dealership's performance shop and he told me that he strongly recommends ADM..