Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
BLACK LIGHT & V7

I have been experimenting with a few products over the summer. I got a chance to strip wash my car yesterday and then decontaminate it with a speedy surface prep towel.
If you want to cut your claying time in half buy a towel it left no marring and it was in fact easier to use than clay. I will always have clay in my detailing arsenal for wheels and other hard to reach areas like my hood vents.
Black Light is by far the best glaze I have tried it simply fills in all the blemishes in the paint. It purports to also act as sealant and that's a bonus. I applied it with a microfiber applicator and it went on smooth. Put this on sparingly, I got a little liberal with the hood and it took longer to remove and dusted a bit when removing the over applied areas.
I let it cure/haze up for 15-20 min and then removed it with a micro fiber towel. After removal I let it cure overnight.
This morning I did another application of Black Light and while it was curing I cleaned the trim with Adams APC and then went over it all with SVRT.
After Black Light cured and I went over the car with a clean micro fiber outside to make sure I didn't miss anything, I started with V7.
You guys can go to the Chemical Guys website if you want to read about this spray sealant/quick detailer.
This will never replace Adams detail spray..... I used this for the added protection of the sealant in it.
The v7 goes on slick as I sprayed it into a micro fiber towel then I wiped it on. It's odd that you can see it being absorbed into the paint. Then I wiped with a clean micro fiber.
The application is easy the gloss is amazing. I would recommend these products to anyone.
Friday I will top it all off with some patriot wax and I should be good for my car show on Sunday.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Very nice buddy. Great choice of products and it turned out great!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Very nice buddy. Great choice of products and it turned out great!

thank you sir can't wait till friday to put a coat or 2 of wax over it.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Sweet... can't wait to see it with the Patriot on it
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
That's a shine!
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote