Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
tavo431

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
having a little problem with my front bumper lights

Hello guys I recently bought a zl1 bumper, DRL led, foglights, nd a zl1 conversion harness. My main goal was to have all lights turn on together.......but when my DRL lights are on everything else is off, and when my halos and fogs are on the DRL are off :(

What can I do to make them work together??
tavo431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
If your harness is anything like mine, the DRL's and the headlight/halos were untouched and would maintain the same functionality as before.

It looks like your fog light harness just plugged into your halo/headlight plug and will work with them. The harness I have wired the fogs completely separately and it was up to me to determine power source. My fogs are powered through an accessory circuit so they are always on, but I have an "override" switch under the steering wheel if I want them off.

I know there are harnesses out there to do it. Talk with the guys at Gen5DIY.com, they are wiring masters.

You may want to check your state laws on the maximum number of illuminated lights allowed on the front of a car at night. Many states consider our headlight/halo as 4 separate lights and the limit can be as low as 5.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote