Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
has anyone taken online college classes?

I was just taking my last online test of the semester for one of my classes, on question 63 of 75 and it logged me out, now i cant finish. Has anyone else had this happen? Did your professor let you retake it? I emailed mine but still have not heard anything
Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
That is exactly why I dont take any of my classes online
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
RANGERGOD
IDBZ M.C.

Drives: 12' IOM, 2SS, LS3
The professor will probably reset the test and allow you to retake it. That has happened to me on several occasions.

Even in some of my resident courses, there are online test to be taken at home.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
I teach for two universities online. Just be patient and wait for the instructor to respond. I often reset quizzes or reopen drop boxes when things like this happen. I am very prompt and check my email all day every day. Other professors don't check it as often. Good luck getting it reset.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Man this semester I'm taking 2 onlines. I hate the quizzes/exams. I hit the back button on the browser while taking a quiz had to get the prof to reset it... Happened again on the second quiz I didn't even bother....took a big fat ZERO. Live and learn....open another window to do online research while testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
I teach for two universities online. Just be patient and wait for the instructor to respond. I often reset quizzes or reopen drop boxes when things like this happen. I am very prompt and check my email all day every day. Other professors don't check it as often. Good luck getting it reset.
Yeah my professors seem really reasonable and understanding, I just didn't want to bother that SAME professor again because I was a dumbass who closed the quiz...AGAIN.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
I hate online classes. The only class I've ever failed in my life was an online one I took at the university I just graduated from.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Man this semester I'm taking 2 onlines. I hate the quizzes/exams. I hit the back button on the browser while taking a quiz had to get the prof to reset it... Happened again on the second quiz I didn't even bother....took a big fat ZERO. Live and learn....open another window to do online research while testing

Yeah my professors seem really reasonable and understanding, I just didn't want to bother that SAME professor again because I was a dumbass who closed the quiz...AGAIN.
Always ask. I know that I don't mind. I know that I screw up too when posting things. I think it takes patience on both sides - student and faculty - to make the online learning environment work.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
I had to take two online classes to finish my Master's degree. Those things are twice as hard as traditional classes.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I have taken a few. I was always able to just retake the test if I had problems, and believe me, I had them thanks to the internet providor I had at the time. The company I work for always has online training and it's pretty crude and basic, seems to be more forgiving though if you make a mistake.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
I'm in one right now and I've had that problem with a few of the tests I've had to take. My professor specifically told us she would not let us retake anything for any reason. I am withdrawing from this class because its killing my grade. I wont ever take an online class again.
ZachSGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
open another window to do online research while testing
research while testing....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011camaroexcited View Post
I'm in one right now and I've had that problem with a few of the tests I've had to take. My professor specifically told us she would not let us retake anything for any reason. I am withdrawing from this class because its killing my grade. I wont ever take an online class again.
This is a lazy teacher. I used to teach online courses and like Dr. Love I was flexible (within reason), worked with students and checked messages frequently each day.

You should try giving it another shot, with a different instructor.
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
this has happened to me once before, I called the instructor and they reset it for me.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I was just taking my last online test of the semester for one of my classes, on question 63 of 75 and it logged me out, now i cant finish. Has anyone else had this happen? Did your professor let you retake it? I emailed mine but still have not heard anything
I had that happen once...dumped me off the site entirely. But when I logged back in the test was still available because the time limit had not been exceeded and my answers were all still there...so I was able to finish my test with no problem what-so-ever.

I took an online accelerated Geology class this semester and missed the first quiz and my professor would not let me make it up saying he NEVER allowed make-ups...but my lab partner missed an exam at the testing center (available for 3 days) and he let him make it up no problem. Although I was happy for my friend...I was like WTF?

Last edited by Envy; 03-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote