Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #323
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
even with serious rebuild :(

there one rated for 1200wHP Jamie uses..
then u can daily drive this car to get groceries LoL

There is two of us in this thread with TH400's that would can use them as DD's... I have no problem driving the shop car with the full Farks cage and chute to and from my house and Walmart.. Plenty of room behind the rollcage for groceries, and the dry cleaning can hang too. The real laundry is on the back of the car.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #324
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
i never mind losing to a car with a chute, at the track!
nice kit, btw.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #325
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
There is two of us in this thread with TH400's that would can use them as DD's... I have no problem driving the shop car with the full Farks cage and chute to and from my house and Walmart.. Plenty of room behind the rollcage for groceries, and the dry cleaning can hang too. The real laundry is on the back of the car.
Yeah. Ray always drives his to car shows lol.
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #326
GQ4Life

So how are the turbos? Power down low? Turbo lag? I'd imagine big v8 have no problem spooling them
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #327
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Yeah. Ray always drives his to car shows lol.

That's because he's too afraid the banana will go rotten at the track

GQ: The ones we just put on the 376ci motor are unbelievable.. 680rwtq at 3300rpms, LOL. We are actually adding a boost controller so we can ramp in boost to control tire spin and add some more boost on the top end when the tires are planted

I'm going to have to say the S256s with the 417ci in our shop car, I would expect to be leaving off the transbrake near full boost (20+) if I wanted to (3400 stall TCI Pro-X verter).
Old 08-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #328
GQ4Life

Quote:
That's because he's too afraid the banana will go rotten at the track

GQ: The ones we just put on the 376ci motor are unbelievable.. 680rwtq at 3300rpms, LOL. We are actually adding a boost controller so we can ramp in boost to control tire spin and add some more boost on the top end when the tires are planted

I'm going to have to say the S256s with the 417ci in our shop car, I would expect to be leaving off the transbrake near full boost (20+) if I wanted to (3400 stall TCI Pro-X verter).
Yeah the Rice Banana hasn't give to track in awhile. Not enough spark for his nitrous

Wow crazy numbers..
Def thinking about it for next car. My last car was turbo. AGP 50trim
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #329
GQ4Life

Can't wait see dump on that 416
Old 08-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #330
Matt @ FSP

The slippery peeling banana can always run on boost only or change whatever is lackluster in the ignition.

Yes we have a bunch of items to take care of as you see, and we normally do not work on the shop car since we are backed up but we are taking just a weekend and see where we get. It won't be running, hoping by end of this month it is.

- Matt
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #331
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Matt you gonna have your heap together for LS Fest?
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #332
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Matt you gonna have your heap together for LS Fest?

We're going to pass on LS Fest, too much going on here and have a few good BMP events. We'll be attending LSx Indy with a couple of Camaros... We have a new build going on for another project car that should raise some eyebrows, and will be quicker than our shop car.

So how's your ride going, swap any rims lately? (Had to)
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #333
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
We're going to pass on LS Fest, too much going on here and have a few good BMP events. We'll be attending LSx Indy with a couple of Camaros... We have a new build going on for another project car that should raise some eyebrows, and will be quicker than our shop car.

So how's your ride going, swap any rims lately? (Had to)
Ah too bad man, either way looking forward to when you get yours up and running its gonna hurt some feelings.

I'm thinking of making it out to LS Fest and running true street if I can pull everything together in time. I was gonna run LSX Real Street but its only one power adder. Probably do the car show for 360 Forged get some sponsorship dollars.

Ride is going good, sold the old wheels and I have the new ones. I ordered a set of Welds again.....can't believe I sold my old ones . We'll see if the wheels/cage come in time. Only thing I'm mulling over is an engine selection. Forge what I got or I was thinking a 416 from TSP and we are gonna put on a haltech to manage the boost and spray. I'm not a fan of pillar gauges so we are gonna do a racepak dash as well. Either way that won't be till next year or something blows before then lol.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #334
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Ah too bad man, either way looking forward to when you get yours up and running its gonna hurt some feelings.

I'm thinking of making it out to LS Fest and running true street if I can pull everything together in time. I was gonna run LSX Real Street but its only one power adder. Probably do the car show for 360 Forged get some sponsorship dollars.

Ride is going good, sold the old wheels and I have the new ones. I ordered a set of Welds again.....can't believe I sold my old ones . We'll see if the wheels/cage come in time. Only thing I'm mulling over is an engine selection. Forge what I got or I was thinking a 416 from TSP and we are gonna put on a haltech to manage the boost and spray. I'm not a fan of pillar gauges so we are gonna do a racepak dash as well. Either way that won't be till next year or something blows before then lol.
Yep our Haltech just came in today.. We'll be measuring out the loom length for the Camaro's so the PnP harness won't be too far away for the Camaro crowd... You can of course add the Haltech Racepak dash through them so its another PnP addition that uses all of the sensors that the Haltech does for display. It's a nice combination. Doug will get you all hooked up when you are ready.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #335
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
93 pump gas would be your limitation.. I'd definitely either drop methanol on it or race gas tune so you can take it up.

My 417ci is 10.6:1, so we'll be living on C16 and estimated boost levels in the 22-25psi range. We are looking for 850-900rwhp through the unlocked TH400 (~1200 or so to FW) before we turn on the giggle juice.

As per the actual parts, the Dana 60 and axles are heavier than factory, the carbon fiber shaft weighs next to nothing (Only weight at ends for the billet yokes). So there will be a negative effect on shown HP, but brute strength is the gain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adadda View Post
6L80 will not handle the power period.
Quote:
even with serious rebuild :(

there one rated for 1200wHP Jamie uses..
then u can daily drive this car to get groceries LoL
I have no desire to swap transmissions or put a cage in my car. My 417 is 10.3:1 and will run on pump gas, with meth as a possible safety measure. However much boost and timing I can run on pump gas will determine how much power it makes. There are several CTS-Vs in the 9's on stock transmissions. It can be done.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #336
Adadda

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS. L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
I have no desire to swap transmissions or put a cage in my car. My 417 is 10.3:1 and will run on pump gas, with meth as a possible safety measure. However much boost and timing I can run on pump gas will determine how much power it makes. There are several CTS-Vs in the 9's on stock transmissions. It can be done.

I will stick by my statements,, and I never said it cant be done, I said the 6L80 cant hold any real Power. maybe we have different ideas of what power is ?
Adadda is offline   Reply With Quote