Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Fuel pump, injectors, end goals

So believe me when I say I've been searching around for awhile before asking but answers I have found have been sort of selective with everyone's specific goals.
So here I am with more questions seeking advice.
After fighting my supercharger install for 2 weeks and finally getting her dialed in and running perfect, it's time for me to look at the next step.

My plans and goals are to be no more than 700rwhp for a daily street car that will see the drag strip mayne 2 times a year and road course maybe once per year. Realistically I'm looking for somewhere more around 600 - 650 rwhp for a daily street car.
I plan on putting my CAI back on, 2" ARH long tubes, a streetable blower cam, and possibly a smaller pulley and methanol injection for safety.

My question is about which fuel pump and injectors would be right for me? I searched and read nearly anything I could find on the subject but answers were not always clear.
Would a ZL1 fuel pump with the adm controller be enough for my end goals or do I need to shell out the extra dollar for a dual fuel pump?
Which dual fuel pump to go with if needed?
Also which size of injectors would meet my needs with a little extra for safety/just in case?
Other than the mods I plan on doing above, I really don't want or plan on doing anything else towards the engine for power. After said mods, I would focus on suspension and other minor upgrades.

I appreciate any and all feedback. I'm sorry for sort of beating a dead horse with the fuel pump question, I'm still learning and want to head the right direction with my goals.
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Just do it right the first time. No matter what you say now you will want more power.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Yes the ZL1 and ADM will be sufficient unless you plan on building your motor and dropping 8k+. Id say get yourself a nice ZL1 pump with the ADM and some FIC 85LB injectors and call it a day. Id also recommend meth and a small pulley. BTR stage 3 would also be a nice addition but if that is your end goal make sure to do the cam swap right and dont skimp on the additional upgrades (Trunion's or new rockers, pump, chain, ETC). Hope this helps.

Oh, and i agree with the 2 inch primary.. hindsight is 20/20.. i wish i would have gotten them
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Sounds similar to a lot of the 600-650 builds; in hindsight if I were to do it all over I probably would have gone with the whipple. But I'm very satisfied with the Maggy and the price I got it for. To your questions, I'd recommended the ZL1/ADM combo. Coupled with FIC, FAST, BOSCH 85LB injectors. Have a cam spec'd to your needs/wants.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Appreciate the feedback guys I honestly only want to do said mods above and be anywhere in the middle of 600-700 rwhp. I know the edelbrock kit has a reputation of not being able to get there easily, but I liked the idea of not worrying about the extra jackshaft. I love the look as well.
So if the zl1/adm combo will work for my goals I'm happy with that. I'll probably get a custom cam kit put together as I'm not a fan of the choppy idle. I want a blower friendly cam that sounds close to stock, or at least not so aggressive.
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
Appreciate the feedback guys I honestly only want to do said mods above and be anywhere in the middle of 600-700 rwhp. I know the edelbrock kit has a reputation of not being able to get there easily, but I liked the idea of not worrying about the extra jackshaft. I love the look as well.
So if the zl1/adm combo will work for my goals I'm happy with that. I'll probably get a custom cam kit put together as I'm not a fan of the choppy idle. I want a blower friendly cam that sounds close to stock, or at least not so aggressive.
It is going to be tough to stay away from the choppiness of a blower cam. Any good custom cam shop that is familiar with the LS3's will have no problem in putting together what you want. Just don't want you to expect a stock feel because there is a compromise that comes with that kind of power. With that said, once you have the power, you're last worry will be the cam lope! Good luck with the rest of your build. Everyone else had put you on track with the fuel needs.
'14-ELLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #7
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Livernois Dual pumps are an option for you, if you want a little more than 750 to 800 you can do a BAP. The ZL1 pump and ADM FPCM will work for you too. As for injectors some nice ID850's will work, but not necessary.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
With a maggie OD rear cogs & 3.6" front pulley, 1.75" headers, tiny cam (smog legal for CA), I'm right @ 600rwhp. Where you have the E-Force, you should make a little more torque then me, but the power should be similar. I believe I'm right @ 9 pounds of boost.

ZL1 fuel pump and ADM FPCM will not keep up with with this setup with the addition meth. A buddy of mine has the same setup on his car and it drops fuel pressure at the top of the pull on a mustang Dyno. He was putting down 683rwhp with meth 10 pounds of boost.

According to ARH, you don't need 2" headers until you hit 1000rwhp. The 1 7/8" won't be a restriction and you can save a little $$$ for other stuff if you wanted to make a bigger upgrade somewhere else.

I'm adding meth, 10% OD crank pulley, 8 rib setup, 3.5" front pulley, 1 7/8" headers and E-85, 3" exhaust and a squash fuel system next week and it will put me well over 700rwhp.

If you are wanting to go the E-85 route at any point in the future, you'll need to get a stronger fuel system than the LPE or ADM twin setup. There are other options than Squash, but I've seen a ton of cars run that system without issues and chose that one. Same thing can be said for the injectors. I've been running the Bosch 1000's for a while because I knew I was going to eventually want more. Since I planned ahead, I won't have to upgrade again for the addition of E-85. I know that ID 1000's will not work with E-85, so you may want to keep that in mind. ID 1300's would be required if you want to run E-85 and run ID injectors.

FIC's, Bosch or ID will all work for your build if you are staying away from E-85. You'll need at least 850cc injectors. If I were doing it over, I'd stick with the Bosch 1000's due to price and quality.