Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Cool TSB revision on lifters.....pass along to dealerships!!!!!!

So in my recent i post i shared with you about my AFM parts going bad on me twice with in a short time period. long story short my cam had gone bad. Gm is going to make a revision to the lifters tsb to not only replace just the lifters but the lifter trays, cam, cam phaser, pretty much every thing that deals with AFM.... One of the lifters that they replaced turned sideways, which isnt suppose to happen and then just started beating up and down on my cam like a hammer because of the wear and tear on lifter trays(they are plastic?!!!!). My mech showed me the difference and it was pretty easy to tell how that happened.

So if you are going to the dealer for the tsb and lifters tell them to call tech assistance so that can also order the other parts that need to be replaced

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
kaler

Drives: 2011 Dodge 3500 dually Mega Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
So in my recent i post i shared with you about my AFM parts going bad on me twice with in a short time period. long story short my cam had gone bad. Gm is going to make a revision to the lifters tsb to not only replace just the lifters but the lifter trays, cam, cam phaser, pretty much every thing that deals with AFM.... One of the lifters that they replaced turned sideways, which isnt suppose to happen and then just started beating up and down on my cam like a hammer because of the wear and tear on lifter trays(they are plastic?!!!!). My mech showed me the difference and it was pretty easy to tell how that happened.

So if you are going to the dealer for the tsb and lifters tell them to call tech assistance so that can also order the other parts that need to be replaced
Has an official TSB revision been released? Thanks
kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
Camaro111

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible!
AFM is ruining the Camaro experience!

Yes - please let us know if any TSBs regarding the AFM are available.
Camaro111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaler View Post
Has an official TSB revision been released? Thanks

ditto
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
anthonyj9h
"First There"

thats a good question as far as i know it hasnt def talk to your dealers if you bring it in for this kind of work though

it is written......
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The tray is the only thing that holds the roller lifters in the correct position and (their plastic) and deformation will cause just such a failure. Glad you got it fixed!!!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Dear GM:

You have been building indestructable Small Block V8 engines since 1955. Please go back and look at those engines and LEARN SOMETHING. I am getting really tired of seeing a V8 issue on these forums EVERY SINGLE DAY - most of which were catastrophic.

Thank you,

Future L99 owner.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
The tray is the only thing that holds the roller lifters in the correct position and (their plastic) and deformation will cause just such a failure. Glad you got it fixed!!!
........... On that note they just put it back together today and this is the text that i get from my dealership.....

Its back together,having issues with compression in 3! cylinders, gm now wants us to remove engine and tear down to determine whether to replace or repair compression issues. So enjoy the hot rod aka HHR and i will let you know.

FML! i dont know whether to cry or laugh at this point!!!!!!

it is written......
Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #9
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
It will turn out good in the end. The loaner is real decent and the dealer seems to be one of the good ones.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Kevs Carmen

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs IBM A6
I have already had my lifters replaced. Any suggestions on what I should do to get the other parts replaced?
Kevs Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote