Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Interior Parts & Accessories

Old 12-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Harness Plate (tank plate)

* Manufactured from HSLA (High Strength Low Alloy) Steel
* 5lbs each including hardware (2lbs lighter than other plates)
* Low profile and follows the contour of the floor closely
* Retains the use of the factory seat bolts.
* Low profile eye bolts won’t interfere with seat tracking

* Eye bolts are grade 8.8 high tensile strength and shouldered for angular
loads
* Multiple locations for mounting anti-sub strap
* Can be used with 4/5/6 point harnesses

* Requires snap hook harness ends
* powder coated semi-gloss black but there is a possibility of alternate
colors at additional cost.

Pricing:
-$225.00 each, (driver or passenger)

FREE SHIPPING (within the lower 48)

Payments through PayPal
Attached Images

Last edited by White_SS/RS; 07-29-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: availible to ship. new pics
White_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Looking real good man. Price is a lil more then I thought but if it's all quality stuff I'm perfectly ok with that.
3 questions. Are you making a harness bar? Running the plates, and a harness bar I should be able to run a 6 point set up safely with the stock seats right?(until I get the recaros) and lastly this is all bolt on, Or are modifications necessary?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
White_SS/RS

I know it just seems like a plate of steel but its much more... Research and engineering, (I didn't just copy) plating, cutting, bending, edge finish, coatings, hardware, time, it all adds up. It really gave me a perspective on why speedwares plates were $370 ea. and am glad I was able to offer a high quality part for less. You won't be disappointed!

I am in the process of designing a harness bar... At a minimum something similar to other designs but I want to improve on it. It will be a little while before I get it into production.

Plates are purely bolt on -move the seat forward remove the seat bolts going into the floor with a T50 torx bit and place the plate between the seat and floor, reuse the same bolts and your done. Harness bar will not require modification to your interior pieces.

Yes, you'll be able to run a 6 point with your stock seats, or any other seat for the matter.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Are these a limited run, or do you plan to keep them stocked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
White_SS/RS

I'm going to do limited runs at a time, but I'm hoping the market will lead to keeping a stock.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Looks like this is where some of my tax refund is going to be spent on.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
I know it just seems like a plate of steel but its much more... Research and engineering, (I didn't just copy) plating, cutting, bending, edge finish, coatings, hardware, time, it all adds up. It really gave me a perspective on why speedwares plates were $370 ea. and am glad I was able to offer a high quality part for less. You won't be disappointed!

I am in the process of designing a harness bar... At a minimum something similar to other designs but I want to improve on it. It will be a little while before I get it into production.

Plates are purely bolt on -move the seat forward remove the seat bolts going into the floor with a T50 torx bit and place the plate between the seat and floor, reuse the same bolts and your done. Harness bar will not require modification to your interior pieces.

Yes, you'll be able to run a 6 point with your stock seats, or any other seat for the matter.
Awesome! And as far as engineering, pricing , and research get expensive, as long as the product is second to none and works to keep me safe I have no problem with the price tag. The harness bar your working on will it mount to the sides and down low to the tank plates? I love support small business as well as members on our own forum. I wanna buy this right away but I'd really like to get my harness bar from you as well. So I will wait and get the whole package from you. Have you thought of a brand name so we can refer you to orers as to your products easy?

Old 12-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
White_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Awesome! And as far as engineering, pricing , and research get expensive, as long as the product is second to none and works to keep me safe I have no problem with the price tag. The harness bar your working on will it mount to the sides and down low to the tank plates? I love support small business as well as members on our own forum. I wanna buy this right away but I'd really like to get my harness bar from you as well. So I will wait and get the whole package from you. Have you thought of a brand name so we can refer you to orers as to your products easy?
Thanks for the support, haven't thought of a name, love to hear some ideas. The harness bar will bolt into the the upper and lower seat belt bolts. I do want it to attach to the plates as well. Trying to figure out if it's possible to provide roll over protection and still be bolt in and not have to modify the interior I think that will be a stretch though.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
crc91

I think a bolt in harness bar that connects to as many points as possible to stiffen the chassis and provides a good place to mount the belts is what 99% of your buyers would probably want. Once you have the design for the harness bar you could always incorporate that into a roll cage design for those who need that kind of protection. Make the roll cage a custom made to order item. That way your not sitting on inventory forever. And as far as names goes maybe something like track tech? Race Spec Engineering?(RSE!) my ideas are free! Lol

Old 12-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
I would like a pair, thanks.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I'm glad these are available, great job - reasonably priced, but not an easy buy for me at the moment. I'll also probably wait until I can get them as a set with a harness bar.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
I'm glad these are available, great job - reasonably priced, but not an easy buy for me at the moment. I'll also probably wait until I can get them as a set with a harness bar.
Same here I'd want to do a harness bar with the plates as well.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
White_SS/RS

Quote:
I think a bolt in harness bar that connects to as many points as possible to stiffen the chassis and provides a good place to mount the belts is what 99% of your buyers would probably want. Once you have the design for the harness bar you could always incorporate that into a roll cage design for those who need that kind of protection. Make the roll cage a custom made to order item. That way your not sitting on inventory forever. And as far as names goes maybe something like track tech? Race Spec Engineering?(RSE!) my ideas are free! Lol
great name ideas. You're right on point with the harness bar, same perspective I've had on it. Been churning some ideas so we'll see what I'm able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
Quote:
Same here I'd want to do a harness bar with the plates as well.
Sounds like I need to get on with designing the bar!
Old 12-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
Mineis6857

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Put me down for a set and I'll take them as soon as I can get them.
Mineis6857 is offline   Reply With Quote