Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Well crap!!!! Now I have BD Mine broke at 10K miles, but parked for winter times and NOT alot of cycling of the top. I'm currently on Vaca and will have to wait till I get home for resolution.
ouch!!!

sorry to hear!!!

word of advice.
make sure whomever works on your top has convertible top experience!!!!!
and if you have not had the tsb done(going by memory 12052A) for customer roof satisfaction should have it done at the same time.Also try to have the water management bag replaced at the same time.GM may not approve this to happen and you may be faced with taking the vert in a second time for the water management bag repair...that is what happened to me.GM Canada/dealer did not approve the replacement of the water management bag at the same time my 5th bow was replaced and 7 weeks later I was back at the dealer to replace the water management bag.

good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Last edited by '11 cyber grey vert; 06-27-2012 at 02:38 PM.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
5th Bow Noob

How/when does the pesky 5th Bow break?
Cycling the top...or just going over a bumpy road?
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #31
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
How/when does the pesky 5th Bow break?
Cycling the top...or just going over a bumpy road?

When my 5th bow broke, it was when the top was being lowered.No noise,no warning...just broke.
When I lowered my top it was sitting higher than normal.When I put the top back up,sure enough the 5th bow was broken.So in my case it was when the top was being lowered.
The service manager at my dealer had explained to me that brackets were catching on one another and that is what causes some of the 5th bows to break.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #32
Michael Rophone

Tender Tops...

Thanks for the info.
Who'd have thought these tops would be so fragile and troublesome.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #33
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
TSB for 5th bow???

Is there a TSB for the 5th bow issues happening on the verts? If so, and someone has it, would they share it so the rest of us have the information to go to our dealers with. The service department I use is saying, "We have not any top issues come through here, for rub marks or 5th bow issues. We never heard of it!" then they went on to say they only had a handful of cars show up for the TSB for the tape/wrap one for the roof. I find this hard to believe since they are the largest GM dealer in St Louis!
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #34
Michael Rophone

I'm Number 1...

I feel so proud... I'm always told: "you're the first to have this problem..."
Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #35
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
Is there a TSB for the 5th bow issues happening on the verts? If so, and someone has it, would they share it so the rest of us have the information to go to our dealers with. The service department I use is saying, "We have not any top issues come through here, for rub marks or 5th bow issues. We never heard of it!" then they went on to say they only had a handful of cars show up for the TSB for the tape/wrap one for the roof. I find this hard to believe since they are the largest GM dealer in St Louis!

Through my personal experiences with GM Canada,GM Canada customer service as of about a week or two ago ,when I had the water management bag replaced, still denies that there are problems with the verts top.this is what I was told"sorry you are experiencing difficulties with your camaro convertible" and "no we have not heard of any roof issues".

Luckily for me, my dealer's service manager is on the ball and has done some research and is fully aware of the problems and how to correct them.
My vert was not the 1st 5th bow my dealer has repaired.

so far so good for my replaced 5th bow(done April 2012) and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
so far so good for the replaced water management bag (done June 2012) and I am keeping my fingers crossed