Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Edition

http://jalopnik.com/5132866/2009-dod...es-more-muscle

"All-new R/T Classic pays homage to Dodge Challengers of yesteryear

Dodge Challenger R/T Classic features unique throwback design cues

Legendary 5.7-liter HEMIŽ V-8 delivers zero to 60 mph performance in less than six seconds

Six-speed manual transmission features performance-tuned dual exhaust with “low restriction” bottle resonators for optimum throatiness

Functional dual hood scoops are new to R/T Classic and stay true to Dodge Challenger’s heritage

Original B5 Blue returns from the Chrysler paint code archive

Auburn Hills, Mich. , Jan 16, 2009 - The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger delivers the best of modern American muscle-car characteristics—unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines and technology. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic goes further with even more memorable blast-from-the-past design cues. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic starts at $34,005 (including $725 destination) and is available for ordering now at Dodge dealerships nationwide.

“Our all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic is more than a modern-day muscle machine, it pays homage to one of the most storied nameplates in automotive history,” said Dan Knott, Vice President—Car / Minivan / SRT Product Team, Chrysler LLC. “With heritage-inspired dual-wide body-side R/T stripes, original ‘Challenger’ heritage badging and the newest generation of our legendary 5.7-liter HEMIŽ V-8 engine, the new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic delivers the greatness of our pony car past with advanced fuel-efficient muscle.”

Based on the powerful 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, the Dodge Challenger R/T Classic not only delivers a menacing look and premium equipment—its powertrain delivers an unforgettable punch. With dual throwback A-line body-side R/T stripes, ‘Challenger’ fender badging in classic script, large 20-inch polished-chrome heritage wheels with all-season performance tires, classic egg-crate grille with heritage ‘R/T’ badge, body-color rear spoiler and chromed fuel-filler door—the Dodge Challenger R/T Classic is unmistakable. “Dodge Challenger has a rich performance heritage and the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic encompasses numerous technologies that allow great on-road performance while delivering proven-quality and refinement to ensure its place in the Dodge pony car history,” said Knott.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic tucks its legendary 5.7-liter HEMIŽ V-8 engine under a long, raised performance hood with functional hood scoops to increase engine cooling. The newest generation 5.7-liter HEMIŽ V-8 engine features dual variable-cam timing (VCT) and dual ignition (two spark plugs per cylinder) to increase power and torque, while improving refinement and efficiency.

When paired with the Tremec six-speed manual transmission, the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic features the performance-minded Track Pak’s precision-shift “pistol-grip” shifter, bright pedals, Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with defeatable traction control, Hill Start Assist (HSA), four-wheel disc performance braking system and an anti-spin 3.92 differential. A performance-tuned dual exhaust optimizes engine back pressure and exhaust throatiness by replacing the standard under-floor muffler with two low-restriction bottle resonators. The result, a powerful 376 horsepower (280 kW) and 410 lb.-ft. of torque (556 N•m) that can accelerate the Dodge Challenger R/T Classic from zero to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds.

An available five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick provides efficiency and responsiveness in the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic. An aggressive first-gear ratio provides outstanding launch performance, while the transmission’s fully-adaptive electronic control delivers more responsiveness without harshness.

When paired with the automatic transmission, the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMIŽ V-8 includes the fuel-saving multi-displacement system (MDS) allowing Dodge Challenger R/T Classic to operate economically on four cylinders, or produce 372 horsepower (277 kW) and 401 lb.-ft. of torque (544 N•m) when all eight cylinders are needed.

On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. Inspiration from the past continues with a “four bomb” gauge cluster with deep easy-to-read white faces. Premium leather-trimmed bucket seats with heat are well-bolstered and finished with French-seamed stitching. The advanced uconnect gps with voice recognition, navigation with real-time traffic and Universal Customer Interface (UCI) is available on the Dodge Challenger R/T Classic.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared with the competition. Coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.)—equal to the Dodge Charger—the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic offers comfort and functionality.

The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic is available in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, Bright Silver Metallic, Stone White and three Dodge heritage colors—HEMIŽ Orange, TorRed and B5 Blue. Dodge dealerships nationwide are now accepting orders for the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Production
Production of the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic will start in February 2009 at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It will be built on the same assembly line as the award-winning and quality-proven Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300."

Hmm...the B5 Blue would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure about the stripes or the price point.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
What so...stripes? Not really feeling it. New Challenger works way better with the SRT8 hood stripe.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
I wish they could have put chrome bumpers on it. Hell throw in a shaker hood and I'd probably take a test drive.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
kanakattack

Drives: wife's xterra
Nice, mmm, working hood scoops that actually help with engine cooling what a novel idea. I think that this will find its way into the ultra retro crowd. Interested to see how they livened up the interior.
kanakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I just gotta ask...why would I want that for the same price as my Camaro? I'm asking myself this because I want to like it, but cannot justify it.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
I just gotta ask...why would I want that for the same price as my Camaro? I'm asking myself this because I want to like it, but cannot justify it.
that is exactly why you are getting a camaro..... plain and simple...

btw the price is reasonable...it is only 1400 bucks more than the RT-J package...the wheels alone are 1400 bucks if you buy them seperately. and the b5 paint is limited.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Not feeling the stripes neither, rather have the nice clean paint job with a white stripe on the rear

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
So peel em off and put your white decal on. The srt8 in B5 looks really good.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
So peel em off and put your white decal on. The srt8 in B5 looks really good.
Yeah that is a nice paint job, Wheres the plum crazy ?

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Blownhotrodder

Its coming.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
Blownhotrodder

More pics with an srt8 plum crazy and sublime for shits and giggles.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #12
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Green is not really my color but, that is nice !!!!

Quote:
Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
plum and sublime is coming for 2010...the last color for 09 is ballistic yellow
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #14
Blownhotrodder

Twin turbos baby.