Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
CAI + apex scoop but without washer bottle relocation - how to plug the hoses?

I've never once used my washer bottle and have just ordered a CAI intake and apex scoop without the washer bottle relocation kit. I have no problem ditching the bottle - but I'm a little confused when it comes to what to do with the current hoses/wires. Can they all be pulled out from somewhere? Should I just cut and/or clamp the hose? Admittedly, I haven't really looked yet to see what kind of hose/wires are involved with taking out the washer bottle. Thanks!

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways

Last edited by Bmatth1162; 06-30-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Bmatth1162

Also, I'm good with a dremel and have no problem cutting the plastic behind the bumper for the scoop to fit, but are there definitive measurements for how much to cut off on the vertical and horizontal? I've seen a lot of pictures, but I've never seen exactly how much anyone cut off. (I'm a dentist, so unfortunately worrying about tiny details like measurements is my job and a sickness that I have to deal with...)

Thanks again!

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
If you didnt get the washer bottle relocation and dont want to have one just pull out the plastic frame on the bottom of your hood where the nozzles are located and remove the hoses. The frame that has the nozzles on it snaps into the hood and feels like your almost going to break it just before it pops out.
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012REDSS View Post
If you didnt get the washer bottle relocation and dont want to have one just pull out the plastic frame on the bottom of your hood where the nozzles are located and remove the hoses. The frame that has the nozzles on it snaps into the hood and feels like your almost going to break it just before it pops out.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
Also, I'm good with a dremel and have no problem cutting the plastic behind the bumper for the scoop to fit, but are there definitive measurements for how much to cut off on the vertical and horizontal? I've seen a lot of pictures, but I've never seen exactly how much anyone cut off. (I'm a dentist, so unfortunately worrying about tiny details like measurements is my job and a sickness that I have to deal with...)

Thanks again!
Apex Paul is also a dentist. In the instructions it will tell you how to make the cuts. You may have the remove slightly more than it tells you. Thanks for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Bmatth1162

Gotcha thank you. I was actually bored today and had time so I removed the washer bottle and hose assembly from the hood - no problem at all. I wasn't quite sure what to do with the wiring plug that went to the washer pump though. I just wrapped the end in electrical tape and zip tied it up and out of the way. Is there a more permanent solution - some sort of cap to place over it? Or will what I did do the trick? Thanks again

Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Ive had mine taped up and tucked away for over a year with no issues on a DD
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote