Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #15
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlash22 View Post
"It is definitely going to be one of those colors that is constantly changing."
Look at it this way.. If you get bored of your shade of blue.. Just wait till it gets dark and bam! All new!

But yeh i ordered ABM because in person i didn't think any of the other colors looked better.. Plus it jumps out at you.. And hell.. Im an attention whore

CGM was my original choice judging off online photos..
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #16
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
ABM, IOM and RJT all change colors depending on light or lack of....it is the metallics that make them change and pop in the sun light.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
The color of the car is BBLLUUEEEE!!!!! ha
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #18
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
If you are not sure about the way ABM looks different based on the lighting conditions, beware of Red Jewel Tint for the same reason. I will go from a deep burgandy to almost a pink, depending on the light. Even the cyber gray (my personal choice) changes a lot based on the light. All of these colors have metal flake or something in the paint that provides a lot of variation. If you don't want a "shade shifting" color, pick white, red, yellow silver or black.

But the chances of you being able to order and get an ABM are pretty slim. There are several threads here talking about that color ending production in the next few weeks.
Agreed my red jewel can actually appear brown in certain light.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
That is the funny thing about that color. I never saw a pic of one that looks like what they do in person. I think it looks teal in person.
2nd that! Only seen one in person and it was on a sunny day = teal.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
hrm...day I picked mine up it was sunny....and there was no teal. (although the teal definitely comes out in different light).

To me, this picture is pretty accurate in how I felt the car looked in person that day...and man was it gorgeous.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #21
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGoodson View Post
Look at it this way.. If you get bored of your shade of blue.. Just wait till it gets dark and bam! All new!
Reminds me of the girl I picked up last night

It looks real blue in the sunshine and with any car, will be darker with the lack of sun.

I got the IOM and it does look reddish when dark or depending on parking lot lighting.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
ABM, IOM and RJT all change colors depending on light or lack of....it is the metallics that make them change and pop in the sun light.
Yes, metallics are always changing colors.
That's the beauty of metallics
Even SIM looks white at times.
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #23
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
My concern when I ordered my ABM is that it may be too light blue. It is NOT. It certainly is not too dark either, but like others have stated here it depends on the lighting conditions. Any way I see it, I love it.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #24
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Here's a pic of mine in BRIGHT sunlight, it looked exactly like this in person, btw.

White stripes help bring out the blue as well, the teal showed up much more in mine before I got the stripes, esp. in darker lighting.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyam_lorne View Post
Ok so after checkin out all the abm camaro pics online i was dead set on ordering that color cause it looks amazing. then yesterday i saw a woman driving one and thought that it sure looked alot darker than i thought. i even had to ask her if it was imperial blue or aqua it seemed that dark. it was cloudy and raining out but still. it was a very dark looking blue. just not what i expected at all. so now i think im down to choosing the rjt or just silver. i just dont know and i have to place my order by this saturday to get the 1000 dollar gm loyalty rebate. its just that a silver sports car seems bland and rjt seems too dark. oh man. i plan on drivng it as my primary car for 15-20 years if it lasts like my current car so i dont wanna be stuck with a color id regret.
Get SIM!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #26
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyam_lorne View Post
Ok so after checkin out all the abm camaro pics online i was dead set on ordering that color cause it looks amazing. then yesterday i saw a woman driving one and thought that it sure looked alot darker than i thought. i even had to ask her if it was imperial blue or aqua it seemed that dark. it was cloudy and raining out but still. it was a very dark looking blue. just not what i expected at all. so now i think im down to choosing the rjt or just silver. i just dont know and i have to place my order by this saturday to get the 1000 dollar gm loyalty rebate. its just that a silver sports car seems bland and rjt seems too dark. oh man. i plan on drivng it as my primary car for 15-20 years if it lasts like my current car so i dont wanna be stuck with a color id regret.
Run down to the Chevy dealership and look at the HHR, the Cobalt, the small pickup (can't remember the model), etc. They all have the exact same ABM paint on them. Of course that paint will look better on the Camaro but it will at least give you an idea of what it will look like in different weather conditions. ABM is on the chopping block too so keep that in mind. Kinda wish IBM was the one getting cut so mine would be even more rare. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 View Post
These pics look exactly like it did in person and you can see the diference in the sun and shade in the color , hope these help in your decision

Attachment 67193
Those are great looking pics ,but I just wish it looked like that to me in person.
Their was one in the show room the other day when I picked up mine and my wife even said it looked somewhat teal. May be it was the lighting inside.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #28
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Run down to the Chevy dealership and look at the HHR, the Cobalt, the small pickup (can't remember the model), etc. They all have the exact same ABM paint on them. Of course that paint will look better on the Camaro but it will at least give you an idea of what it will look like in different weather conditions. ABM is on the chopping block too so keep that in mind. Kinda wish IBM was the one getting cut so mine would be even more rare. Good luck.
ABM is only on the Camaro, Canyon, Colorado, HHR, Impala, and Vue. Just so you know...

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote