Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #29
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Ok, I understand the new gasket (which JBA comes with one) but why change plugs too?? Install at a local place in San Diego runs about $360; on special
NEVER install the header to block gasket that comes with headers. They all suck from past experience! Stock GM gasket only.
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
BLK2SS

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
Installing a new gasket and plugs isn't necessary on new vehicles. The stock gasket is a 3 piece metal component. The plugs are good for 100k miles. Unecessary expenses in my opinion. Spend your money on something worth it i.e. upgraded Taylor Race Pro 10.4mm plug wires in Red to compliment your new headers. I have customers ask us all the time about these things...I'll expense 'em to you at your request only.

i charge $200 to install headers and thats robbery for the amount of time it takes us. - (3hours)

Al, can you send me a pm with pricing on the wires?
BLK2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #31
Jakefeb3

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
can anyone link me to a good picture of where the oem jack points are? The manual is really vague, and I cant find good pictures
Jakefeb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #32
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I didn't search, but I think someone has posted the jack points before on the site...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Installing Dynaflow headers and MBRP exhaust this weekend and this thread has answered most (if not all) of my questions. . I'm going to do my own install as it appears to be fairly straightforward bolt on application. Still not sure if I should wrap the headers or not... If I'm running Dynaflow Supermaxx long headers with a catted midpipe and an MBRP full system, will I have to cut the adapter pipes to length in order to join the ball-socket to the muffler pipes?

I'm trying to see if my local muffler shop can do this part for me since I dont feel comfortable cutting the adapter pipes to length with the crap saw I've got in my garage.
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #34
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
Installing Dynaflow headers and MBRP exhaust this weekend and this thread has answered most (if not all) of my questions. . I'm going to do my own install as it appears to be fairly straightforward bolt on application. Still not sure if I should wrap the headers or not... If I'm running Dynaflow Supermaxx long headers with a catted midpipe and an MBRP full system, will I have to cut the adapter pipes to length in order to join the ball-socket to the muffler pipes?

I'm trying to see if my local muffler shop can do this part for me since I dont feel comfortable cutting the adapter pipes to length with the crap saw I've got in my garage.
Please....get and post video of the finished prodcut. I'm curious to hear more MBRP systems with headers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #35
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
I'm gonna see if I can borrow my bro's flipcam and take some HD quality shots of the work. Vid on my phone is not the best
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #36
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
Headers went on my car yesterday reused GM gasket, and same plugs. Kooks Headers, high flow cats and a tune for a resonable price.

Just my experience.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #37
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
There is a post in the how to do it section on building your own wood 2X10 ramps for less than $30. I used these to install my Kooks this weekend and it was no problem at all. the passenger side maifold and cat dropped right out but I used a 2X4 on a floor jack under the cross member to lift the car up slightly more to take the drivers side out.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote