Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Hurst poor customer service

My wife recently won a 50% off certificate on a Hurst product at a local Camaro car show when she bought bunch of raffle tickets. Apparently the only way to redeem it is to call Hurst directly and mail the original certificate. She mailed it and left numerous messages and no one returned her call. She called again today and finally got a hold of someone. She wanted to purchase a shifter kit for her A6 SS which sells for $397 on their website but in order to apply the 50% discount they said the price had to be raised to $600 plus. WTH? Why jack up the retail price and take away the discount? I just don't get why you would offer something at raffle then not deliver. What kind of win or deal is that? I was not impressed with this customer service at all.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
CamaroJoe96

Drives: 2013 Full Bolt on LFX M6
I got a short throw for my v6, and just because of the fact that the kit fits on both the SS and the v6, I was unlucky and got the SS knob. So whatever, I just called and explained my situation, and they said they'd send me a replacement ASAP, which they did, and i just had to send the SS knob back, which was no problem. To my dismay, the v6 knob they sent me was clearly used, having scuffs on it and what not. Not really a big deal, but I couldn't justify sending back a brand new knob in for a used one. So I sold the sucker online for a cool $20 just thought I'd share, because it's always a change of pace when the consumer pulls one on the company!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm sorry to hear about this. Hurst is about 15 minutes from my work. I can go pay them a visit and see if I can get some more info for you if you want.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
1Camaro2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
I got a short throw for my v6, and just because of the fact that the kit fits on both the SS and the v6, I was unlucky and got the SS knob. So whatever, I just called and explained my situation, and they said they'd send me a replacement ASAP, which they did, and i just had to send the SS knob back, which was no problem. To my dismay, the v6 knob they sent me was clearly used, having scuffs on it and what not. Not really a big deal, but I couldn't justify sending back a brand new knob in for a used one. So I sold the sucker online for a cool $20 just thought I'd share, because it's always a change of pace when the consumer pulls one on the company!
I guess i shouldn't expect anything for free. I was just surprised that they were so hard to get a hold of and made it so difficult to apply the discount for such a big name company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I'm sorry to hear about this. Hurst is about 15 minutes from my work. I can go pay them a visit and see if I can get some more info for you if you want.
oh wow, that's a really nice offer from you. I didn't expect this from anyone on here. That's not really necessary, maybe if I actually ordered and paid for the item and didn't receive it or something like that, i'd take you up on the offer. I guess Hurst is not interested in losing money even though they somehow participated in the give away. Kinda lame to jack up the price by $200 in order to apply the certificate.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
RxDoc08
Jason

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I had a similar issue with them not returning phone calls. I had an issue with their linelock kit and left 3 messages, each a couple days apart, and never received a call back from anyone. I always got to talk to someone who would transfer me to someone else and always got their voicemail.
Kook's headers w/ high flow cats, Borla S-Type, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI Inc. intake, Jannetty race scoop, Roto-Fab washer bottle relocation, Jannetty rough idle blower cam, DSS 9" w/ 3.70 gears, RPM Level 6 trans, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, MGW Shifter, Pfadt trailing arms.
RxDoc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
1Camaro2SS

I'd like to give an update on my experience with Hurst. The marketing manager reached out to us this week and offered the shifter to us with 50% discount of website price. She was very apologetic and went above and beyond to make things right. She admitted that the people I originally dealt with should have honored the certificate with the online price but they refused. We received the shifter today and ended up paying ~$150 for it. Much better. She even included a free shirt in the box. It took 4 months but in the end I'm pretty happy.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Glad to hear it worked out for you !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote