Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaavi View Post
The second dealership that I took it into was actually a Buick and GMC dealership. They said they did warranty work on Chevrolet, so I thought sweet. And it was recommended by a friend of a friend.

Thank you for that offer. Still waiting to hear what is going on with it and will keep everyone updated. And just might take you up on that offer.

Sounds great Sinaavi. When you're ready, we'll be here.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Get your $150 back. Everything that affects engine performance is covered for 100,000 miles.

There is no "regular maintenance" required on injectors.

Period.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Get your $150 back. Everything that affects engine performance is covered for 100,000 miles.

There is no "regular maintenance" required on injectors.

Period.
GM considers a top end cleaning a maintenance item. So that would not be covered at all. It's like if a dirty air filter caused an issue/damage it wouldn't be covered.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
onesimo3
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Silver Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
GM considers a top end cleaning a maintenance item. So that would not be covered at all. It's like if a dirty air filter caused an issue/damage it wouldn't be covered.
You are right, but also, they thought that this would solve the problem. If it didn't solve the problem, then it's their mistake and there is no reason for him to pay for something that the car didn't really need... or is there?
onesimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
turboguy327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesimo3 View Post
You are right, but also, they thought that this would solve the problem. If it didn't solve the problem, then it's their mistake and there is no reason for him to pay for something that the car didn't really need... or is there?
If he didn't have a catch can the car without a doubt needed it. I agree with you he should get his money back but I understand where the dealer is coming from. Did it fix it? No but it didn't hurt and after its fixed for real will it run better?? Without a doubt it will.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Quote:
Top end cleaning a maintenance item? Find it in your maintenance schedule.

Hint: it's not there, and I have driven multiple FI GM cars for over 200,000 miles without ever having to do it.

The dealer is full of it.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Sinaavi

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallica Camaro LS
Well, I just heard from the dealership, and I will be receiving a new engine sometime next week. He told me it was a problem with the connecting rods and that the bearings were toast. So, it looks like my baby will be having a heart transplant. A bit frustrating, but glad to know that this place is doing it right. Now that I know what is actually wrong with the car, I am thinking I will go back to the first dealership and tell them what happened. I am very surprised they haven't tried to contact me yet to go over the terrible review I gave them. Don't know if I will get my money back or not, and actually wondering if it's really worth it since I will be getting a new engine. I definitely think I know where I will take my car from now on when I need work done on it though.

On a side note, does anybody have any recommendations for a catch can? That was something I was actually debating about doing anyway, so figure I might as well do it right after I get the car back. And at this rate, could have it ordered and here ready to go in when I do get it back.
Sinaavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #22
turboguy327
Banned

Quote:
Top end cleaning a maintenance item? Find it in your maintenance schedule.

Hint: it's not there, and I have driven multiple FI GM cars for over 200,000 miles without ever having to do it.

The dealer is full of it.
I'm aware it's not. But it's still a service done as needed. Did you have a catch can on those 200k mile cars?? If you didn't then you should have done a seafoam or top end cleaner. Would have ran much better and had more power and better MPGs. But since the OPs car is direct I injection your experience has nothing to do with this discussion.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Quote:
I'm aware it's not. But it's still a service done as needed. Did you have a catch can on those 200k mile cars?? If you didn't then you should have done a seafoam or top end cleaner. Would have ran much better and had more power and better MPGs. But since the OPs car is direct I injection your experience has nothing to do with this discussion.
What's your point? Guy got charged $150 for needless work, plus, anything done to fix an engine code is under warrantee.

Period.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
What's your point? Guy got charged $150 for needless work, plus, anything done to fix an engine code is under warrantee.

Period.
You are super wrong... If you buy contaminated gas that plugs your injectors and causes misfires I guarantee that it will throw a code and it will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!
There are plenty of other things that can cause engine codes that would not be covered. You cannot make blanket statements saying all engine codes are covered under warranty. PERIOD!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #25
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
$150 "maintenance" at only 22,000 miles, i have to agree. if it didnt fix the issue then he should get his money back or at least get oil changes equaling up to that!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Sinaavi

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallica Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
$150 "maintenance" at only 22,000 miles, i have to agree. if it didnt fix the issue then he should get his money back or at least get oil changes equaling up to that!
But I don't want to go back to that dealership ....I'm planning on avoiding them from now on.
Sinaavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
turboguy327
Banned

Quote:

Period.
I'm just saying that the 150 wasn't spent on something that should have been covered. It was spent on maintinence. He should get his money back because the dealer didn't diagnose correctly. Not because it should have been covered. A DI engine should have this cleaning done at least once a year if you don't run a catch can. We are actually agreeing but your arguing with me for some reason.....
Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #28
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaavi View Post
On a side note, does anybody have any recommendations for a catch can? That was something I was actually debating about doing anyway, so figure I might as well do it right after I get the car back. And at this rate, could have it ordered and here ready to go in when I do get it back.
Sorry to hear about your engine. Hopefully the new one will work fine. I've owned a RX and an Elite catch can and would highly recommend the Elite can. For your car, the Elite can is mounted near the radiator and is very easy to access.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine noise, low milage, pinging