Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #85
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
The new 2016 camaro still looks so much like the Gen 5 camaro. Its like the 14 change really if you think about it.

The body is pretty much the same with minor mods, if you look at the specs its the same length.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Old 08-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #86
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
LOL....

Drive a ZL1....things are different.

I was in Long Beach this weekend for the Sand Castle festival and the car got loads of attention. It had been a while since I drove the Z anywhere out of town and I forgot how much attention the car dose attract. I had young kids and parking attendants running me down asking to rev the engine. Seeing a smile on their faces and getting the thumps up was almost worth the drive alone!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #87
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Some of you guys are either really dense or don't know how to read. This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself.

-I personally love my C5.
-All of us agree that our C5's are special to US THE OWNERS.
-I didn't say anything negative about C5's in general or any specific car.
-In my opinion C5's are no longer special ENOUGH to be in local car shows. The C5's are all over the place now just like Mustangs. I won't put my SS in a car show any longer unless it is a car show that is specific to GM, or Camaro's like Camarofest.
-In my opinion the C5's are STILL the best looking cars on the road.
-I don't think Mustangs or Challengers should be at car shows unless they are really special like a Saleen Mustang or a Hell Cat Challenger.
-If you want to put your car in a car show good for you, it's none of my business what you do and I don't care what you do.

Some of you get what I was saying in my original post, it's surprising how few of you all didn't understand what I was saying.

I am NOT a Browns fan, if you look at the colors of my SS you should be able to determine who my team is.

I feel it's necessary to repeat myself on this....if you don't like someone's car just keep your mouth shut and don't be a dickhead and tell them that you don't like their car. My car is special to me so it doesn't matter what you think. No one wants to hear an insult about their car, especially if they have put as much money in mods that I have!
Old 08-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #88
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
It's a mass produced car, so you will see many on the streets. Something I never see is a Lamborghini murcielago of aventador. I spot all kinds of sports cars and super cars but never have I seen murcielagos or the replacement of it. Those are special and rare.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #89
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
The new 2016 camaro still looks so much like the Gen 5 camaro. Its like the 14 change really if you think about it.

The body is pretty much the same with minor mods, if you look at the specs its the same length.
You need to look closer. They are drastically different. Not even close.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #90
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I cant complain. GM created a winner for us and if they wanted a lot of people to buy this car and come together at a camaro5 fest or just on the camaro5 forum they created a huge following. We enjoy a lot of luxuries because we all have generally the same vehicle. I have troubleshot things on here and asked questions. I have mods on my car that I would have never had if it wasn't for other people. I think that a big community is fun. The more the merrier right?

Old 08-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #91
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yep. I don't like the exterior of the 6th gen at all, save for the front end and the profile. 6th gen 'stang looks better to me.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:25 PM   #92
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Some of you guys are either really dense or don't know how to read. This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself.

-I personally love my C5.
-All of us agree that our C5's are special to US THE OWNERS.
-I didn't say anything negative about C5's in general or any specific car.
-In my opinion C5's are no longer special ENOUGH to be in local car shows. The C5's are all over the place now just like Mustangs. I won't put my SS in a car show any longer unless it is a car show that is specific to GM, or Camaro's like Camarofest.
-In my opinion the C5's are STILL the best looking cars on the road.
-I don't think Mustangs or Challengers should be at car shows unless they are really special like a Saleen Mustang or a Hell Cat Challenger.
-If you want to put your car in a car show good for you, it's none of my business what you do and I don't care what you do.

Some of you get what I was saying in my original post, it's surprising how few of you all didn't understand what I was saying.

I am NOT a Browns fan, if you look at the colors of my SS you should be able to determine who my team is.

I feel it's necessary to repeat myself on this....if you don't like someone's car just keep your mouth shut and don't be a dickhead and tell them that you don't like their car. My car is special to me so it doesn't matter what you think. No one wants to hear an insult about their car, especially if they have put as much money in mods that I have!
I don't understand what your saying ?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #93
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:

I dunno man. I think that if you gotta look closer to see the difference, then that means they are very similar. I know you are a big fan of the Gen 6 and I respect that. Personally, I think GM screwed up. I think they played it safe and made the car too much like the Gen 5. I hope I am wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me to see disappointing sales numbers. They could've taken a risk and knocked it out of the park with a 2nd Gen retro, but they didn't.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #94
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
You could always start a thread giving advice about English and grammar rules or PM the offender in an attempt to help him/her. Both could be quite helpful without the possibility of derailing the topic at hand.
I sure could! You could send me money to go tutor people, too. I could take out ads in local papers. I could go donate time at a local school.

But boiled down, I gave a guy a hint on a forum. I know in this world of twitter and cyber bullying etc that saying anything somebody doesn't fall in love with equals just hating that person to many people and everyone gets so offended, and that's supposed to be a big deal, but there's no font in the world big enough to illustrate how big a "meh" that entire concept is to me.

...but I'll still take donations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Oh yeah, thanks for the education Mr. Grammer.
I assume you think you quoted me. I also assume you noticed I stuck up for you in page one.

I'll stick up for you in the future too, even though you think laughing at me is the way to go. But as an FYI, grammar and spelling do count, especially when you want a job that's worth a damn, and this probably will make that stuff stick in your head whether you know it or not. So you're welcome for the tips; helping you out is my pleasure.

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 08-17-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #95
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Mine still gets a ton of looks and comments. It's still a GREAT platform to start from as well. Not many cars come as bulletproof as the Camaro, allowing for some serious power adders without many supporting mods.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #96
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Add a cam if you want people to look at you.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #97
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Yep. I don't like the exterior of the 6th gen at all, save for the front end and the profile. 6th gen 'stang looks better to me.
And that's fine. I see gen 7 vette all over the 16 Camaro and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I dunno man. I think that if you gotta look closer to see the difference, then that means they are very similar. I know you are a big fan of the Gen 6 and I respect that. Personally, I think GM screwed up. I think they played it safe and made the car too much like the Gen 5. I hope I am wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me to see disappointing sales numbers. They could've taken a risk and knocked it out of the park with a 2nd Gen retro, but they didn't.
To me it looks as differ as the new Mustang does against the old one.

To me you would almost have to think that the C7 and C6 are close too. Who knows, maybe many folks do. I don't. Funny thing is, I didn't like the C7 until I saw one in person. Now I love them. With this car, I haven't seen it yet in person and already love it. I think a second gen retro would have been a huge fail in terms of how many people they would have reached with it. This car will sell all over the world. The measure of success is how much money they make. After all, they is what this is all about.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #98
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Had an older guy in a very nice challenger besides me on the 15 say to me in traffic that 'that's one of the nicest Camaro's he's ever seen'. The attention? Its there I think... many around you hide it. Sometimes its very obvious like them turning away as you drive by lol. Other times its blatant like the guy on the freeway. Kids still love em! They're 'Transformers'... xD

I did not get this ride because I wanted attention, however. I got it because I fell in love with the 5th gen style, alongside loving Camaro's since their inception, along side owning two prior to this one. Learning about modding my 5th gen has only been a true plus to the overall experience. Places like this and those that help us with modding didn't exist back in the 90's... but now, its all at our finger tips. I did everything myself (and the occasional helping hand), from headers to bushings and suspension, to interior/exterior style... and STILL not for attention, but because its just a beautiful thing. A beautiful relationship, if you will. Its amazing noticing the differences and increases in performance and personal style. Nothing like it in this world for a true car enthusiast...

Will there ever be a car like this one? No! Is it Special to me? Yes! Is it special to others? Don't really care too much about that.

Closed Thread