Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #29
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
Hello,

Also having problem with the USB and Aux. My problems are just like Darth Emma's. I am pretty sure it is not a cabling issue between the radio and PDMI. When I plug my flash drive in, it lights up, but the radio will not switch to USB. Also when I push the CD/Aux button on the radio, the radio will only switch to CD. WHen I cycle through the sources with the steering wheel control, it will cycle through FM, AM, XM, and CD. Aux will never pop up. I even tried connecting an audio source with 3.5mm audio connector. All this worked when I first got the car.
Does this sound like a software glitch that can be reset with the battery trick? Or does it sound like a hardware issue requiring a new PDMI module? I would like to know before I need to reprogram windows because of pulling the battery. If it is the PDMI, how does this break? Can it also be that the radio is not looking for the module and I have a bad radio unit? Any advice?
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #30
novocaine

Drives: cgm 2ss m6
any resolution?

Darth Emma, what ever happened with yours? Mine quit working this week. I just disconnected the battery, and will check it and see if it helps. Let me know what they did to resolved it.

Also, what did you end up doing with your wheels? I remember you corresponding with me about my wheels I had powdercoated.

Thanks,

Trevor
aka novocain
novocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #31
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
If your PDIM has stopped working, please take it to a dealer. They should replace your PDIM (or MMIM as the dealers like to call it) with a new one. You will hopefully get a much better PDIM after the swap (upgraded hardware).

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #32
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Codeman71,

Interestingly I have a 2011 made in July, and I have the CC/CE... I get a fuzzy static whenever the ipod first initialized, and usually goes away after 5 seconds or so. Will the new hardware/software eliminate this?

Also, Can you give us any details on the upgraded hardware? Any new functionality or lifting of restrictions on files?

Thanks!
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flash, pdim, usb