Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Ordering Recaro Seats

Ok...I was asking on the FB page about getting these seats because my car didn't come with them. Thanks to Matt for the PN# and extra help. The issue is I'm still getting pushback from the dealership I'm working with because the parts guy is telling me that he needs a VIN from a Camaro that came with the seats before he can order them. He was also telling me his system is showing an 'error' and that if I order the seats and something doesn't fit right I'll have to eat the cost and will not be able to return them. This seems like a load of...for lack of a better word...bullshit. Anyone else experiencing these problems?
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
joshxjosh

Drives: Black 2014 2SS 1LE
Out of curiosity, which seats did you end up ordering? I'm looking to get a pair for my 1LE that didn't come with them.
joshxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
roadblock

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE BRM
Parts people just do parts. They are "trained" to follow specific rules when ordering parts. It is likely that the parts person that you are talking to is not an auto enthusiast and only knows to follow specific rules when acquiring part numbers. That can save the dealership money by not filling the attic with returned parts but, it does leave auto enthusiasts in need of resources. That is the reason that this forum exists and has so much value. Some parts are not plug and play in the recent automobile generations. Parts people are required to use caution as a result of that.
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadblock View Post
Parts people just do parts. They are "trained" to follow specific rules when ordering parts. It is likely that the parts person that you are talking to is not an auto enthusiast and only knows to follow specific rules when acquiring part numbers. That can save the dealership money by not filling the attic with returned parts but, it does leave auto enthusiasts in need of resources. That is the reason that this forum exists and has so much value. Some parts are not plug and play in the recent automobile generations. Parts people are required to use caution as a result of that.
True...but I even emailed them the press release describing the seats and how they can be acquired. The link from Chevy Performance even states they are designed to fit the 2012 and up. I'm not familiar with how the parts system works. Do you work parts?
Old 09-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR3KC View Post
Ok...I was asking on the FB page about getting these seats because my car didn't come with them. Thanks to Matt for the PN# and extra help. The issue is I'm still getting pushback from the dealership I'm working with because the parts guy is telling me that he needs a VIN from a Camaro that came with the seats before he can order them. He was also telling me his system is showing an 'error' and that if I order the seats and something doesn't fit right I'll have to eat the cost and will not be able to return them. This seems like a load of...for lack of a better word...bullshit. Anyone else experiencing these problems?
The VIN requirement is not true. Chevy released these seats as an accessory sale to allow those of us who couldn't get them in our model year or didn't order them when they were available to get a set.
I have installed the manual Z/28 seats in my 1SS 1LE and it was the easiest mod I have done.
The only issue you might have is ordering the wrong seats. For a 1SS you want the manual Z/28 seats. For a 2SS you want the SS seats with the seat heaters. The seats come with an authorization code that will let you get the Body Module software updated at no charge if you have the heated seats. No update required on a 1SS.
I worked directly with the Parts Manager at my local dealer. If you are working with a counterman insist on dealing with the Parts Manager. If you are working with the Parts Manager, I recommend trying a different dealer.
Also DO NOT pay list price for these seats. The price can be negotiated. I got $250 off per seat by negotiating with the Parts Manager at my local dealer.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Good info TD...much appreciated. I emailed the guy that info so hopefully straightens it out.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Call Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet...I know on FB you said you can get a discount, she can give you one as well from MSRP and ship them to you.

-Matt