Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Now I understand...

I was always curious as to why Sub Thump was no longer a sponsor here. I must say that I am still wondering a bit but it has become a bit more clear.

First I had sent an email requesting a pre-order of the FARK harness since they were out of stock. Wanted to make sure I got one. Called twice more with no answer during their normal business hours. No one returned my calls or replied to my email either.

So then I recently ordered the T-harness and the PAC ground loop isolator from Steve. When the box arrived the harness was in there but the isolator wasn't. I called again and this time got a hold of Steve. When I asked him to overnight the missing part to me he told me he wasn't going to spend the $15 bucks to overnight a $6 part and told me that he would send it or refund me.

I explained to him I had a friend who was traveling a long distance to help me with install and he then told me to go to a local audio shop to pick it up and then hung up on me.

AWESOME Customer service. I know he is the only one out there making the FARK harness for the Camaro, but I would recommend avoiding doing business with this jackass.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:20 AM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I'm sorry you had such bad experience with him, he's generally a really nice guy and i've never had any issues.

The reason he's no longer a member of these forums is because his name was out there so much and he would regularly comment on peoples posts when they were searching for an item. However since he was no longer paying for his vendor privileges C5 saw this as him trying to sell items without having to pay for a vendor status.

Then C5 took him away and banned all mentions of him because they got no money off the amount of sales he did for free.

But ya, i'm sorry you had a bad experience, like I said he's a good guy and I feel like there's parts of the story here that are missing.