Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Please recommend a CAI for Maggie 2300

Title says it.
I currently have the R-F CAI and Maggie will be installed in a couple of weeks. I don't want a hack up job to fit the R-F CAI with the Maggie unless it looks like it belongs and someone can post an after-photo. I attempted to buy a replacement tube from R-F but so far, no reply to my messages.
So, who makes a CAI that fits well with the Maggie. No offense to anyone but no LMR for me either.
ADM
Hennessey
what else?

Thanks guys!

update: Just got a call back from R-F...SS tube for Maggie fitment is available. It is cost effective to stick with my R-F CAI and just get their SC tube. But that ADM unit sure is tempting!!!! I am still thinking. Maggie is not here yet so I got a week or so. Thank you all who responded. I greatly appreciate this site and the vendors who participate here. AWESOME!

Last edited by ffrcobra_65; 10-22-2009 at 01:18 PM.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Our Air Box is specifically made to be ADAPTABLE.

A simple rotation of the 90 degree silicone at the throttle body makes for a straight shot at the Air Box. We have fitted many and a few other shops (G-Force Motorsports, Jannetty Racing and RPM Motorpsorts) have used our intake as well with TVS2300's with great success

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbadz28 View Post
We just finished up a L99 cam swap on a car we had already installed/tuned a TVS2300 kit on. On this car we opted to delete the AFM and install a custom grind camshaft. We were quite happy with the new #'s. The cam we installed was rather small and did not require a aftermarket torque converter and drive's really nice on the street. The gains were pretty awesome being the car made 478 rwhp on 8#'s and after the camshaft it made 537 rwhp on only 5.5#'s of boost !! With 8#'s I am sure we could easily push 560+. Here is a rundown of the mods installed and a pic of the dyno graph ....

Run# 5 478.17 RWHP

TVS2300 (8#'s)
Kooks 1 7/8" Longtubes w/cats
Corsa Catback
LMR CAI
RPM Motorsports Tune

Run# 12 537.23 RWHP

TVS2300 (5.5#'s)
Kooks 1 7/8" Longtubes w/cats
Corsa Catback
ADM CAI
RPM Motorsports Tune
RPM Motorsports Custom grind cam
.660 Lift Valve Springs
Pushrods
LS7 Lifters
LS7 timing Gear
LS2 Valley cover/timing cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
We just finished up another TVS 2300 Camaro SS. This car just screams!

2010 Camaro SS LS3 Stage IV
  • Magnacharger TVS 2300 Supercharger Kit @ 7 psi
  • ADM CAI
  • Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Cats
  • Corsa Sport Exhaust
  • G-Force Custom Dyno Tuning
523 RWHP
503 RWTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
The first 3 is my feeble attempt at HDR with my Point and Shoot Sony (my D90 is on its way).

Enjoy:

Crowley

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

Last edited by freemaSSon; 10-21-2009 at 07:26 PM.
freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I was going to say Crowley's car has one and send him a PM, It looks good on the AFR almost perfect.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
Our Air Box is specifically made to be ADAPTABLE.

A simple rotation of the 90 degree silicone at the throttle body makes for a straight shot at the Air Box. We have fitted many and a few other shops (G-Force Motorsports, Jannetty Racing and RPM Motorpsorts) have used our intake as well with TVS2300's with great success
Here Here!

Jannetty Racings 560 RWHP Street Brawler Package Proudly Uses the ADM CAI due to it's fit,finish, and performance with the Magnacharger.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADM Intake works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Here Here!

Jannetty Racings 560 RWHP Street Brawler Package Proudly Uses the ADM CAI due to it's fit,finish, and performance with the Magnacharger.

Ted.

Ted those are strong numbers,Looks like the intake is a perfect match for your package.

I developed this kit originally for the 427 car in the shop...then installed one on Crowleys car (First ADM Intake on a S/C) and I was all prepared to build a different box,but soon realized it fit with no problems.

We also recommend using the temp sensor in the Maf with a NON MAGGIE BASE TUNE to take maximum advantage of the IAT Sensor location.

Just a tidbit of info here to give a better understanding!

BTW-We are about to put this airbox to a very serious test...more on this in the up in coming weeks.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Title says it.
I currently have the R-F CAI and Maggie will be installed in a couple of weeks. I don't want a hack up job to fit the R-F CAI with the Maggie unless it looks like it belongs and someone can post an after-photo. I attempted to buy a replacement tube from R-F but so far, no reply to my messages.
So, who makes a CAI that fits well with the Maggie. No offense to anyone but no LMR for me either.
ADM
Hennessey
what else?

Thanks guys!
hit up zzcamaro hes on my friends section he'll take car of you on that roto fab tube he'll call whoever he has to and is fast
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

thanks for the photos! ADM looks great with the SC for sure. I am liking the little cf piece atop the box. Gotta think hard now....
Old 10-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
ADM Performance airbox all the way. It works and looks good too !!! That is what I use w/ my 2300 ..

The pictures of the ADM Box in my car above is with his old top as well .. the new top is much better looking

Crowley
Old 11-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
ADM Performance airbox all the way. It works and looks good too !!! That is what I use w/ my 2300 ..

The pictures of the ADM Box in my car above is with his old top as well .. the new top is much better looking

Crowley

Yes the new lid looks pretty nice!

www.admperformance.com
Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I would check out the Roto-Fab products. They also have an excellent fit and finish, and they just released the tube that is made just for the Magna kit!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I would check out the Roto-Fab products. They also have an excellent fit and finish, and they just released the tube that is made just for the Magna kit!
Mikes products are second to non,We both make great Intakes...Hands Down the best 2 available for you Maggie Guys.

Andy
Old 11-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
My roto-fab for my maggie will be here this week I will post when I put it on so you can see it!!!!!
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
My roto-fab for my maggie will be here this week I will post when I put it on so you can see it!!!!!
I actually received the new tube from Mike on Thursday and I dropped my car off for the Magna 2300 install today. I will take pics when I pick it up later next week. Just quickly comparing the standard RF CAI tube and the new tube, seems like it is 2 inches shorter angled downward a bit more. It seems a bit short and I can't picture the fit just looking at it so I'll have to wait til installed. It looks purdy though.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
I actually received the new tube from Mike on Thursday and I dropped my car off for the Magna 2300 install today. I will take pics when I pick it up later next week. Just quickly comparing the standard RF CAI tube and the new tube, seems like it is 2 inches shorter angled downward a bit more. It seems a bit short and I can't picture the fit just looking at it so I'll have to wait til installed. It looks purdy though.
It will look similar to this.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote