Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #29
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
There is a reason why the auto costs more, do a little research on this site and you'll find countless pages showing all the problems with the manual. I nearly see a thread once a week. That's why I waited nearly a month to find an automatic, and also you never have to worry bout a manual passing you on the street cus the auto is faster 0-60mph even with the lack of 26 hp. Just choose wisely and not from people pressuring you. Do some more research before making a decision.
Haven't had any problems with my two manuals.
1 an LS, the other SS. What are you on about?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #30
haynes

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2 SS convertible
I drove manual vehicle for at least 30 plus yrs. I only got a auto 2SS due to nerve damage to my legs. Wish I could have got a manual
Old 09-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #31
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle_ss View Post
Getting a V6 is out of the question. What is the difference between an SS and 1LE?
The main difference is it has an upgraded suspension, but it also has a flat black hood, flat black rear spoiler and a front splitter. It only comes in a manual w/3.91 rear gears and revised transmission ratios. It's an SS that's been optimized for road racing. I've driven one and the suspension seemed just as supple as a regular SS to me. I think the package costs around $3500 on top of the price of a SS. It's available with all the other SS options except stripes and an automatic.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #32
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
There is a reason why the auto costs more, do a little research on this site and you'll find countless pages showing all the problems with the manual. I nearly see a thread once a week. That's why I waited nearly a month to find an automatic, and also you never have to worry bout a manual passing you on the street cus the auto is faster 0-60mph even with the lack of 26 hp. Just choose wisely and not from people pressuring you. Do some more research before making a decision.
I didn't respond to his questions to start a auto vs manual fight. I was just trying to answer his questions the best way I knew how and explain to him why he won't find an auto with NPP exhaust. I told him that I was not anti-automatic and all my other Camaros automatics, so you wont find me badmouthing autos. My beef with the 5th Gen SS autos is not with the transmission, it's with the engine that they put in front of it. If GM had put an LS3 in the SS auto's I'd be driving one today. I get your point about the problems with the manual transmissions, but if you do a little research on this site, you'll find many more people with L99 problems than TR6060 problems. Stop and think about it. When was the last time you saw somebody doing a LS3 to L99 conversion? I also find it interesting that the automatics start out with 26 less horsepower. They have much heavier transmissions which suck off even more power, They have a much more restrictive, heavier exhaust system. The have taller rear gears. And when all the magazines test them they're always 2-3 tenths slower in the quarter, but somehow, mysteriously, by the time they get to Camaro5, they're faster! I understand that they can be modified to be as fast as a manual, but step number one in that process usually involves a L99 to LS3 conversion, which proves my point.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #33
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
Most of the time Quad tips are from the NPP exhaust. Im not sure what the WRS-RS exterior package is.
Hey. I was just looking at your sig picture. It looks like a 2014 1LE w/RS, but it doesn't have that piece of chrome that runs across the top of the grille on all the other 2014 RS's that I've seen. Are they leaving that off on the 1LE/RS's? If they are, that's one more reason to get a 1LE.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #34
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Rocky? Have you ever had your car at a drag strip? what was your best time with
416 rwhp? Have you ever raced a L99 with the same mods that you have?

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #35
Biker2015

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
HI, I HAVE A 2014 CAMARO 2SS AUTOMATIC AND I WANT TO PUT A QUAD TIP ON IT

Hi, I have a 2014 camaro ss automatic and i want a quad exhaust for it, some one can help me to know what do i have to do and which brand is better, thank you.
Biker2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #36
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker2015 View Post
Hi, I have a 2014 camaro ss automatic and i want a quad exhaust for it, some one can help me to know what do i have to do and which brand is better, thank you.
Wish I could help you with your question, but I don't know much about the quad tips exhausts.

What I DO suggest is that you forget this thread and start a brand new thread asking your question. Or use the search feature and see if you can dig up any old posts asking the same thing.

I'm guessing you didn't notice that you were posting in a nearly 4 year old thread, so you are much better off starting with a fresh topic of your own.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro ss quad exhaust