Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
TRSS2

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Black RS
AACStyle footwell lighting problem

I would contact AAC however its saturday and they are closed, my issue is that I bought the red footwell lighting for my camaro and both wires coming from the light bar are black, I do not know which is positive or negative. I have a 12v battery laying around and was thinking i could just plug them up to that and see which is which... I plan on using an inline t-clamp off of the grey wiring block on the number 1 wire in order to power the footwell lighting... I just dont want to hook it up and it not work... I bought several other items when I bought the footwell lighting such as dual color halos for headlights and fog lights and the afterburner tail lights, and license plate bulb and interior dome light. in the packaging I received 2 ccfl inverters, I would think those are for the halos considering they say angel eyes on them... or would i be incorrect in assuming that? I am using the instructions provided by this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183
Any/all help is appreciated, I work weekdays and get off after dark typically so the only time i have to install this stuff is on the weekends...
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.

Last edited by TRSS2; 01-23-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add email update option
TRSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Garrett
G-Man

Drives: 2ss Aqua Blue Mettalic
There are install directions on this forum. I do believe you need those inverters for the footwell lights. Again search the forums or go to aac websight. I know I saw it.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
you need the inverters to hook up the well tubes. i did it and you will see how it hooks up and your issue wont be an issue anymore.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
The LED's I've played around with that have the resistor, will not work if hooked up incorrectly.

If it has an inverter like the Halo lights I got for my toyota camry, then it doesn't matter which one is hooked to positive or negative.

If you have a multivolt AC adapter, you can test it that way.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
There are install directions on this forum. I do believe you need those inverters for the footwell lights. Again search the forums or go to aac websight. I know I saw it.
I found this http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=footwell and a little way through it shows the inverter without anything plugged into the two holes in which the wires go into, so then my question is does it matter which goes where (im assuming that it would not)

Quote:
you need the inverters to hook up the well tubes. i did it and you will see how it hooks up and your issue wont be an issue anymore.
I think I know what you mean by looking at the inverter, all my aac stuff came in one box so I was a little confused...

Quote:
The LED's I've played around with that have the resistor, will not work if hooked up incorrectly.

If it has an inverter like the Halo lights I got for my toyota camry, then it doesn't matter which one is hooked to positive or negative.

If you have a multivolt AC adapter, you can test it that way.
when you refer to the inverter then the halos lights, are you stating that the inverter should be hooked up to the halo headlights?... at this point im under the impresion its for the footwell lights...
My apoligies for being such a newb, you guys are being exceptionally helpful.
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
TRSS2

in addition to all of that on the ccf langel eyes inverter it states: ""Never lengthen or shorten the wires."
On this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=footwell The wires have obviously been lengthened to run all the way to the rear view mirror... so... to lengthen or not to and just make it work some way somehow...
Old 01-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSS2 View Post
in addition to all of that on the ccf langel eyes inverter it states: ""Never lengthen or shorten the wires."
On this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=footwell The wires have obviously been lengthened to run all the way to the rear view mirror... so... to lengthen or not to and just make it work some way somehow...
They don't want you the change the wire length between the inverter and lamp. The wires for power and ground (input to the inverter) can be just about any length. I installed a blue set last weekend. I mounted the inverters between the lamps and the center console. Used 3M tape and a tywrap to hold the inverters in place. I mounted the lamps farther back than what's in their instructions. Did not need to drill any holes either.

Don O
Attached Images

Last edited by Don O; 01-23-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSS2 View Post
when you refer to the inverter then the halos lights, are you stating that the inverter should be hooked up to the halo headlights?... at this point im under the impresion its for the footwell lights...
My apoligies for being such a newb, you guys are being exceptionally helpful.
I was just saying I had experience with halo headlights that I got from ebay, it had a "box" installed inline that was probably the inverter. Because of this, I could hook up either wire to positive or negative.

If this is like the other LED's I've used as has a resistor soldered on the positive side, you can't damage it hooking it up wrong, it just won't light up.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
TRSS2

good info thanks, Don O... in addition to my main concerns, as stated before I ordered the headlight daul halos, the after burners, the fog light halos, interior lights, and footwell lights, how many inverters shuold I have gotten.... I only received two (however the fog lights are on back order so maybe the others are coming with that package)... also I did not reveive any epoxy should I have received any?...None of what I am saying is putting down AACStyle, I just cannot get my questions answered by them untl monday, and even then I will not be able to continue/finish installing anything... Considering I work until it gets dark here.. :(