Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Honda S2000?

So a couple weeks back I looked at the interior of the Honda S2000...

being 6', I don't see how people fit in those things and actually enjoy them...
are the Saturn Sky & Pontiac Solstice designed the same way?...where your legs seem as if they are fitting into a hole?...

I was gonna climb in rq to see what it was like but..I was afraid I might not be able to get back out..Lol

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
So a couple weeks back I looked at the interior of the Honda S2000...

are the Saturn Sky & Pontiac Solstice designed the same way?...where your legs seem as if they are fitting into a hole?...

I was gonna climb in rq to see what it was like but..I was afraid I might not be able to get back out..Lol
I am 5'7" and have plenty of legroom in the Sky, I don't even keep the seat all the way back, but I have seen a couple taller people that their legs looked pretty cramped in it.
I think the Camaro will have more leg room for the driver than the Sky does.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm 6'4" and I fit pretty easily into a normal S2000. The reason I say normal is my brother was going to buy one from a lawyer in San Jose and put a deposit down, I drove it home for him since he was in central cali at the time. The shape of the cockpit was kinda cramped for me and I was upset because I was interested in those during the RX-7 mania era of my life. I got it home with a sore lower back and I thought it was just the seats. My stepdad drove it (he's owned a body shop for 13 years and is now a mechanics/shop manager for a large construction company. Immediately he said something was wrong with it. Turns out the lawyer was being the stereotypical and lied when he said there was never any accidents. Carfax showed no accidents either.

We brought it back to the guy (same lawyer who represented the lady vs. wendy's for finding finger in chili). Frame was bent BADLY, and when my stepfather pointed out the evidence to him and he immediately rebuked and gave us the deposit back. I went and test drove an s2000 the next day and it was like driving the 70's corvettes, but with more leg room. I was amazed myself that I could fit in such a small car, but it's fine for me. The reason the seat hurt my lower back was it was twisted since the frame was bent and not straight facing the pedals.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I am 5'7" and have plenty of legroom in the Sky, I don't even keep the seat all the way back, but I have seen a couple taller people that their legs looked pretty cramped in it.
I think the Camaro will have more leg room for the driver than the Sky does.
no doubt the camaro will have more leg room...
the S2000 literally looked like ur legs went into a cave...
when I sat in the first camaro i ever sat in (about a month ago) it was cramped/uncomfortable...but i think it was because i was uncomfortable with how dirty/yucky it looked inside. it was like someone threw up a camaro interior...
+ i think the frame was bent in it cuz i felt lopsided sitting in it...or is that the usual feel? hope not..lol..

the camaro is more compact then most...but it doesnt seem as if it would make me feel nearly as cramped as sitting in an s2000

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post

I'm 6'3" and I fit.

If anything the S2000 was roomier than my old Triumph Spitfire.

That class of car is supposed to feel tight like that. Makes you feel more intimate, like you are part of the machine.

The S2000 does what it does VERY well. Enough to compete with Porsche and BMW which both have larger engines with 2 more cylinders. As quick, as fast, and handle as well if not better.

It's a shame you did not drive it. It's a real driver's car. The steering responds so well. The shifter has short razor-thin throws and is just so buttery smooth. And the engine, that's just about as good as you are going to get for an N/A 4 cylinder. Above 6000 rpm it screams and will make you believe that there is much more than 2.2 tiny liters of displacement going on up there.

I'd like to have one but I'm pretty certain it would be irresponsible of me to have my kid's car seat strapped to the trunk no matter how secure it is.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
The Camaro will have alot of room, its almost 190 inches long. Plus it will have more leg room in the rear seat then the Mustang. The S2000 is a very small fun high reving sports convertable. I am 6'1" and fit but its a tight fit.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I always wanted to turn a S2000 into the a monster, for some reason I starting to like for cylinders

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's a great car, but it only makes that power in the high rpms. You need to get to 6k rpms otherwise you won't feel any torque whatsoever. Since it has tiny cylinders and revs high it's like a F1/motorcycle type design.

They're great but you won't see much gains from mods unless you're racing on the freeway or at a track unfortunately.