Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #155
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Seriously? I've heard Brits use that word very liberally.
Yeah, and they have heard us use the word F*** very liberally.

It's tough being global, but you still gotto try to others.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #156
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Yeah, and they have heard us use the word F*** very liberally.

It's tough being global, but you still gotto try to others.
I agree but context is key. He wasn't calling him a wanker, but merely using wanker as an alternate term for his junk.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #157
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
...I was extremely excited when I placed my order on the first day in October. But since then, with the news about HUD, the stripes and now the ABL...the constant dissapointments are starting to mount.

Moonsault, I was referring to the above part of your statement. You are saying that the loss of ABL is a disappointment -- it shouldn't be because you haven't lost it. HUD and stripes, fine, I see your point, but please don't add ABL to your list yet, because you are still getting it as of now. Thus, my smart @$$ remark about your genitalia.

BTW -- if my choice of words offended you, I apologize. I intended it as an American slang word and not British.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #158
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I agree but context is key. He wasn't calling him a wanker, but merely using wanker as an alternate term for his junk.
I know, but moonsault didn't take it that way. I have a degree in business management, and trust me we had a class over this. He may not have meant it, but it is unavoidable for small things like this to make other people from other countries mad. We have our insults and they have theirs, you may not mean to offend someone but accidents do happen.

That is enough foreign policy for one day guys. Apologies are out there. Lets get this rumor thread back on track.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #159
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
DISCLAIMER: Before reading this post, bear in mind that I do understand that the ABL has not been officially or even unofficially canceled yet, and that all talk of the official or unofficial canceling of same is pure speculation. This post is written from a theoretical standpoint, based on the the ABL (hypothetically) being canceled or delayed. Personally, I don't think it will end up being delayed.

The ABL is really cool and all, but its not the fact that it might be missing from the final car that has people upset. People are upset because A) they don't want to get the car only to have the ABL come out later and not have it on their 2LT or 2SS, B) because they see it as just one more thing that could easily have been accomplished but that, missing, merely cheapens the overall value of the car, and C) because its one more thing that got changed on them, after seemingly set-in-stone info was released. This happens EVERY time companies release info on a not-yet-finished upcoming product. Why do you think GM waited so long to release pricing?

I was upset when I found out that the four pack gauges will only be available on the 2LT and the 2SS - not even optional on the lower models. I know a lot of you will be getting the 2LT or 2SS anyway, and many with the RS package, but seriously, its important to some of us getting the lower level packages as well. EVEN IF you (GM) were trying to take the stance that it wouldn't be as important to the buyers of the lower level packages, because most of them will not be enthusiasts and not truly appreciate this aspect of the cars heritage, it is things like the four-pack that make the car special to the people driving it for the first time - that make this car the companion, the friend that we all know it as. The little things are what makes repeat buyers. Nobody says "ZOMG! My car had all four wheels! I'm going to buy GM FOREVARS!" (sorry for the exaggeration, but you get the point)

I may be jumping the gun about THIS, because I have heard from various sources that the four-pack WILL be available as a dealer-installed accessory, but I have seen NO PROOF of this, NO PRICING info, and I honestly don't want to get my hopes up that it will be available only to find out that it won't be... And I really don't want to have to raid a junkyard to get it.

I know this seems a bit off topic, but the point is that while something like ABL may seem unimportant - a small, almost insignificant option in the grand scheme of things, especially when compared to NAV or HUD, it is the little things that make, and have made, Camaro a car that is more than a car in the hearts of millions of people over the last 42ish years. As such, it has made a number of people very upset because while losing the ABL is not a big thing in and of itself, it is the principle of the matter. Dropping the small, seemingly insignificant things actually gets rid of the things that make people love this car beyond any other car they own. And I, like many others, want to see this car truly reward not only those who have owned camaros in the past, who are already in love with this car even though they haven't driven it, sat in it, or in some cases even seen it in person, but also those who have never set foot in a camaro before in their lives, and won't know anything about this car till they see it on the showroom floor, or driving down the street.

Please GM, don't sell yourselves short.

But even more important, don't sell CAMARO short.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #160
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Lets get this rumor thread back on track.
LOL. How can a thread that was never on track get "back" on track?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #161
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

I thought about that myself after I said it.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #162
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Maybe you should have said...now back to the panic de jour.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #163
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
XanthosV6, that is the same thing I have been saying. The big disappointment to me now is that NO ONE from GM has come on here to quash this rumor. Which to me, means it is 100% true.

I wish someone would prove me wrong. I would love to be proven wrong on this one.

I have located a CGM vette for $5k under msrp I am really thinking about getting instead of the camaro. That way I can get the camaro in 3-4 years with everything on it. All this uncertainty has taken the fun out of owning one of the first camaro's. If it is a watered down version of what's to come what's the big deal in owning one. I won't pay up for the watered down version.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #164
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
From CamaroScotty:
Quote:
The issue wasn't specific - but I asked during the last IDL about why it wasn't listed in the customer ordering workbook - and they said they HOPE to have it (ABL) ready by the start of production.
So you can see why I'm worried...and why more people should be concerned and voice their opinions on how important it is instead of just letting this die. If you think this is a rumor then at least stay with it until someone that speaks for GM comes in and crushes the rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65
All right, listen up boys.

I just got a PM from Scott himself saying that ambient lighting IS NOT CANCELED.

So stop worrying.
And why wouldn't Scott just post that in this thread that's been on the front page for days? Besides, no one thinks ABL is cancelled. We want to know if it's delayed. What we need is a post that says, from a GM rep, that "ambient lighting IS NOT DELAYED".
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #165
Raven

Drives: 2001 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
XanthosV6, that is the same thing I have been saying. The big disappointment to me now is that NO ONE from GM has come on here to quash this rumor. Which to me, means it is 100% true.

I wish someone would prove me wrong. I would love to be proven wrong on this one.
All we want is something from someone that's even somewhat official!!!!!!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #166
DragonCamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
You guys have probably already stated this but i cant seem to find it in the thread but is there an aftermarket kit i could get for my 1SS if i wanted it?
DragonCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #167
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyu View Post
I have it in my SSR ... overrated. I can't see why anyone really cares.
I read that somehow as "I have it in my overrated SSR"

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #168
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
All we want is something from someone that's even somewhat official!!!!!!
I would like to officially say that I officially don't have any idea whether the ABL will officially be included in the first official cars or not, but I am officially sure in my mind that it will be, officially.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote