Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Echo

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
What next?

So my 2012 2LT/RS has had a bit of a makeover lately. I plasti-dipped the bow ties and wheels and just got tint, what do you think? What do you think is next? Both cosmetic and performance? I would like to do a CAI and a muffler delete but am afraid that they will void my warranty (only has 13k miles on it). Also, as far as gas goes, what if I were to put in 93 octane instead of regular? Is it bad for the car? Does it help? Appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks.

Echo
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post

So my 2012 2LT/RS has had a bit of a makeover lately. I plasti-dipped the bow ties and wheels and just got tint, what do you think? What do you think is next? Both cosmetic and performance? I would like to do a CAI and a muffler delete but am afraid that they will void my warranty (only has 13k miles on it). Also, as far as gas goes, what if I were to put in 93 octane instead of regular? Is it bad for the car? Does it help? Appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks.

Echo
Well it sure is dark... looks nice though.

My list would be (and I have done all these to the 1LT I owned previously):

1) Get a Catch Can to protect your engine from the crap that gets recycled through it as part of the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) process.

2) CAI - I, and many here prefer the one made by CAI, Inc. Looks great. Performs great.

3) Ever notice that little throttle hesitation in that 1,200-1,800 RPM range? The V6s are notorious for the "dead zone". Get a VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body - dead zone gone. Throttle response greatly improved.

4) MRT V2 Axelback exhaust. In my opinion, V6s sound like crap with muffler delete. It's not a V8 and no matter how hard you try... it will never sound like a V8. The MRT V2s are as good as it gets.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
plasti dip the chrome tail light bezels, corner markers and the camaro on the front fenders. looks awesome
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Sorry just my opinion but I'd change the wheels. I love black on black but with the plastidipped wheels, they just don't stand out at all. Looks like the shadow of a Camaro, again no offense intended just my two cents

Black chrome or a glossy black paint on the wheel would look a hundred times better IMO
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
clear front side markers with chrome bulbs that are amber when lit
Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
Echo

But would a CAI void warranty?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
A CAI doesn't void warranty. The warranty will not cover anything that can be proved to be caused by the CAI.

Please go to http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148 for more info. You have a LFX, not LLT also. Something to remember when ordering engine mods. Mufflers do not void warranty. Put in 93 if you can in it. It makes a positive difference. I do not recommend a muffler delete. It will sound like garbage on a V6. Get MRT v2 with a resonator delete.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
But would a CAI void warranty?
If properly installed to provide intended functionality (which is an easy DIY)... no.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:

Thanks.

Echo

Absolutely beautiful man....I too want go darker and darker. I just started.

I'm curious -- I've never plasti-dipped anything. I know absolutely nothing about it. Was it difficult? I've put rubber coating dip on tools before -- but I figure it's not the same lol. Any advice?

BTW, maybe you could tint out the side markers to blacken them too? I'm hoping to do that soon.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Tint the side markers and your car will look hot,,, looks nice
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #11
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg View Post
Absolutely beautiful man....I too want go darker and darker. I just started.

I'm curious -- I've never plasti-dipped anything. I know absolutely nothing about it. Was it difficult? I've put rubber coating dip on tools before -- but I figure it's not the same lol. Any advice?

BTW, maybe you could tint out the side markers to blacken them too? I'm hoping to do that soon.
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Brandenburg, the plastidip is a very easy process. It took me about 4 hours (6 layers). Just remember to keep it even and get all parts of the wheel and it will turn out nicely. Plenty of youtube videos on how to do it.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
Echo

Also, which CAI do you guys recommend?
Old 08-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #13
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
That looks so cool! I know CAI will void the warranty on the powertrain. Not sure about muffler delete. Also I think put 93 in the Camaro does nothing although I haven't tried so I can't be positive. It was meant for 89 though.