Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pedders Autocross Results UPDATED

CamaroCross Results from Camaro5FEST III

Everyone is well aware of the technical difficulties we encountered. The biggest issue was with the people at the Autocross. We had no idea that people absorb the low power radio waves used by the wireless timing eyes and cut the operational range. When we tested the setup we never thought about testing range with 80 spectators or considered the impact of cell phones :( That is the bad news. The good news is we know now and are well prepared for C5FEST IV at GOTCHA RaceWay
. We were able, capture car number, car description and times on a basic spreadsheet for just over 90 entrants. That means we are missing times for many entrants. It doesn't matter why. We know we disappointed the people we were working so hard to please. I am sincerely sorry for that.

How about Becky's 35.9 Becky was the FASTEST C5 Amateur Driver and the FTD for the ZL1 class. How do we know Becky's class? Too easy. Becky drove a bone stock ZL1 Becky, this is your Hot Shoe Driver Award!!!

They will have to do until they release a Camaro design. The 'other' driver in Becky's ZL1 was Rob Anderson Pedders USA / Wretched Motorsports but Rob is a 'professional' so he doesn't count We ran a private session at the end of day Friday for the Moderators. They turned in some unbelievable times. TAG ran a -12.94. He was so fast we didn't see it, but if he says that was it time we believe him Dragoneye ran a 29.37 in a bone stock ZL1, but has been MIA since the FEST If anyone knows his whereabouts please report the details to the F.B.I. The G Man ran a Gator and was just shy of Dragoneye's ZL1 time. Unfortunately the timing equipment failed along with the in car video, out of car video and stills

Pedders was the sponsor of the AC and will be again next year. With our responsibility as AC / C5 Hosts we do a lot of driver ride alongs, and courtesy runs for the C5 Fest VIP Guests. That gives our drivers a bit of an advantage as well as disadvantage. They work long hard hours to make the AC event possible. Professional Class Bragging Rights Fastest Time of the Day goes to Bruce Raymond's Camaro which ran a 32.46 on the fourth run. We could be wrong, but we think everyone that ran had at least four runs. Danny Popp did countless demos for drivers and a series of charity rides. Danny and the L/28 was flat out the FTD overall, but due to the number of runs Danny made we placed an * on his result. Dan Howard ran great with the third fastest event time. We want to acknowledge Jordan from JDP / Pfadt as the Fastest non-Pedders AC Sponsor Driver and Car. I think he had only five runs If Friday's final session had not been rained out who knows what the results would have been???

I do. We would have all had even MORE FUN. The numbers are important, but they take a distant second place to the main reason the C5 CamaroCross event exists. FUN. No matter how hot, no matter how long the wait, no matter how many cones were mangled the smiles at the end of the runs tell the story. We'll do this again next year with the same AC TEAM and equipment. It will run smoother and all the drivers will get more runs. More runs mean more fun. C5FEST IV can't come soon enough.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Soon??
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Soon??
had to do it, went back and found it from when we were waiting on the hotel

Disclaimer: please note that by saying 'soon' no member of the Camaro5 Fest Event Staff is committing to any particular time frame. By 'soon' we simply mean that we think there could be a chance that we might be able to possibly relay such information within the next 30 seconds to 30 weeks
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
AGAIN with the SOON???????????????
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Sorry. I couldn't resist. Glad it was taken as it was meant. No rush.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Waiting
Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Did anyone actually get any times ?? The 2 passes I made I was told the timing system malfunctioned.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Bahahaha! Nice! I love that movie...
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Did anyone actually get any times ?? The 2 passes I made I was told the timing system malfunctioned.
I didn't get a print out of my times, but had a passenger each time that told me what the readout was. Of course, my best time was after they stopped recording. So many people left throughout the course that they stopped recording it. Which is crap if people are competing. But ultimately, I was out there to have fun, and I did.

Best time was 39.26, and my goal was under 40 seconds so I was happy.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
Camarocrazy3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a 2 driver car, we turned some really good times both days, but dont know what all was recorded. We had 2 of our best times the first morning when timers were messed up, 35.89, and 36.12.
Camarocrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarocrazy3 View Post
I had a 2 driver car, we turned some really good times both days, but dont know what all was recorded. We had 2 of our best times the first morning when timers were messed up, 35.89, and 36.12.
Nice.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
I never got any of my times either. :( I wanted to know how I did so I know how much I suck and need to practice lol.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Lets give them a chance to get home and get us the results. I know the Rain may have complicated some things.

As soon as I get the results I'll post them up.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote