Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #15
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Keep racing on the track where it belongs. It is idiots like you that get people killed.
Agreed. What does street racing prove...that your car is faster than a strangers? At the cost of other people's lives? Grow up.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
I hope you guys buy your SS to destroy ricers...not mustangs or challengers....we must unite to create the captain planet of our country...except we dont give a rats about global warming
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I hope you guys buy your SS to destroy ricers...not mustangs or challengers....we must unite to create the captain planet of our country...except we dont give a rats about global warming
+1 but on a track
But have you guys every raced to the speed limit from stop light to stop light.
Like if the limit is 70km, have you guys ever gunned it to see who hits 70 first? Obviously when theres no traffic ahead.
Even when im on the bike, i sometimes gun to hit the speed limit just for fun, its not dangerous if there are no other cars ahead of you, and its not like your speeding, just accelerating real fast
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
+1 but on a track
Like if the limit is 70km, have you guys ever gunned it to see who hits 70 first? Obviously when theres no traffic ahead.
Even when im on the bike, i sometimes gun to hit the speed limit just for fun, its not dangerous if there are no other cars ahead of you, and its not like your speeding, just accelerating real fast
+2
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
LOL Tag is gona shit a brick when he reads this

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #20
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
+1 but on a track
Ok, I have done that before, but only 3 times. That is one hell of a technicallity.

Still, getting into the 100 mph range is pointless, stupid, and proves nothing. If anything, it just makes you look REALLy dumb, esp if you lose.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #21
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
+1 but on a track
I do this occasionally, but bear in mind that this is still illegal. You can get an "excessive show of horsepower" or similar ticket, or even a reckless driving ticket. Just be careful, and keep racing to the track.
- Xanthos

P.S. - in fact, I once almost got ticketed in my old camaro for revving while driving - there was a large SUV in the left lane, which was ending, and I was in the right lane. The guy just kept going and almost ran me off the road, so I dropped the clutch and floored it to let him know I was there, since I didn't have a working horn at the time. Well, a cop saw/heard and thought I was trying to race - I had to explain to him that my horn was broken and that I didn't want to get run off the road. Like I said - be careful.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #22
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
I do this occasionally, but bear in mind that this is still illegal. You can get an "excessive show of horsepower" or similar ticket, or even a reckless driving ticket. Just be careful, and keep racing to the track.
- Xanthos

P.S. - in fact, I once almost got ticketed in my old camaro for revving while driving - there was a large SUV in the left lane, which was ending, and I was in the right lane. The guy just kept going and almost ran me off the road, so I dropped the clutch and floored it to let him know I was there, since I didn't have a working horn at the time. Well, a cop saw/heard and thought I was trying to race - I had to explain to him that my horn was broken and that I didn't want to get run off the road. Like I said - be careful.
Oh, that's still illegal? Oops... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean about the not working horn thing. I've had to do that a couple times before (not nearly as effective though seein' as I'm in a Sunfire...). Drivers around here are crazy!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I drove the R/T 5.7 Hemi with manual transmission and preformance rear end. It hauled butt!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #24
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I drove the R/T 5.7 Hemi with manual transmission and preformance rear end. It hauled butt!!
Sure does. 0-60 in 5.1.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

So how bout that new 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Liter VCT HEMI rated at 370/390 HP 400/405 Torque 0-60 5.1 sec 18 city 27 hwy, not the biggest bang for your buck compared to the SS but I can't wait till I get mine......or get an SS ..........I'll see in may

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 01-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #26
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
The camaro SS will easily outperform the challenger in all aspects...its already been said by multiple car reviewers....they took the Pontiac G8 and used that as its source.

Well...first off...Hemi are not that great at taking off....where a hemi might get you is at the top powerband...they are great high revving motors. (even at that...the new hemis arent real hemis imo)

The SS is lighter than the Challenger and the challenger isnt that great on country roads

The balance of the challenger is off alot more than the camaro...i think it was like 56/44...i cant remember the balance ratio.

AND....its like 10k more than the camaro and chryslers are always more expensive to work on (everyone knows that)

Plus...the platform its on...its just a 2 dr charger. And those things are just big boats. Even though they do look pretty sharp under police decals.
chewy4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #27
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4ce View Post
The camaro SS will easily outperform the challenger in all aspects...its already been said by multiple car reviewers....they took the Pontiac G8 and used that as its source.

Well...first off...Hemi are not that great at taking off....where a hemi might get you is at the top powerband...they are great high revving motors. (even at that...the new hemis arent real hemis imo)

The SS is lighter than the Challenger and the challenger isnt that great on country roads

The balance of the challenger is off alot more than the camaro...i think it was like 56/44...i cant remember the balance ratio.

AND....its like 10k more than the camaro and chryslers are always more expensive to work on (everyone knows that)

Plus...the platform its on...its just a 2 dr charger. And those things are just big boats. Even though they do look pretty sharp under police decals.
I guess the camaro is a 2 dr G8 then

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
I guess the camaro is a 2 dr G8 then

U are wearing dodge colors...its alright...i know how it feels when people bash on your car

But you came onto a site full of GM fans. While i am glad you are purchasing a chevy.

But yes...the camaro shares the same plat as the G8 and Vauxhall VXR8...which were reviewed very well and recieved praise from numerous magazines in the US and Europe.

Charger on the otherhand was viewed as an old fashioned american car...there was no step ahead in auto tech...nothing special...just a car with a hemi.

Nothing against the brand...just the car.
chewy4ce is offline   Reply With Quote