Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Saint_Shroomie

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
The V6 Camaro Exhaust Library

Hey all, soooo. I've been looking into replacing the stock exhaust on my 2LT and during my decision making process I found that 1 or 2 clips simply wasn't enough for me to make up my mind. So, I started gathering video clips of each exhaust into youtube playlists. So far I only have 4 playlists, but each one has several of the best examples I could find of each. I know what you're thinking, anyone could do a youtube search and find all of them, but hearing the clips one after the other in the playlists helped me get a much better sense of each exhaust, especially since hearing them in person isn't exactly feasible for everyone. If only these clips really did each exhaust due justice...

**Axel Backs**
Borla Pro-X Street Mufflers

Borla Stainless Steel Axel Back

Dynomax VT Axel Back

Flowmaster American Thunder Axel Back

JBA Axel Back

Loudmouth 1

Loudmouth 2

MRT V1

MRT V2

**Cat-Backs**
Corsa Cat-Back

GM Dual Mode Exhaust

MBRP S7020

Solo Mach-X LLT

Stainless Works Cat-Back

Got a video you think needs adding? PM it to me and I'll throw it in there. Or hell, post your own playlists. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Saint_Shroomie; 05-16-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added Stainless Works Cat-Back
Saint_Shroomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
This thread has a variety of video clips, both in the OP and throughout the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261607.

There's also a similar thread stickied in the LLT subforum.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Saint_Shroomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
This thread has a variety of video clips, both in the OP and throughout the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261607.

There's also a similar thread stickied in the LLT subforum.

Yeah, my problem with the other threads is having to sift through so much crap just to get to what your looking for, and then you've only got 1 or 2 clips before you have to start searching again. That's why I liked the play lists.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Understood. Was just pointing you in the direction of some other posted videos that you could add to your playlists.

I like your idea, BTW.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
We started on a similar idea a while back but haven't had much time to work on it.

Apex Motorsports V6 Exhaust Video Library
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I have a MRT v1 with magnaflow X pipe and you really have to wait until 1000K miles on the new exhaust before it settles down...

Just my two cents...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Saint_Shroomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I have a MRT v1 with magnaflow X pipe and you really have to wait until 1000K miles on the new exhaust before it settles down...

Just my two cents...
Got any vids?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I have the MRT V2.0. These two clips are from Morano's website. I made my own clip but it is not that good or I would post it here.

skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
Saint_Shroomie

got em both added to the MRT V2 playlist. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
mrchen

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6, 2013 Camaro 2LS
I copied a system that is listed in the stickied LLT exhaust thread. The last thread under Flowmaster is about a guy who put a single dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster super 40 under the center of the car.
I did mine today, cut out at H pipe, just after cats and pipes run straight. Mounted Flowmaster super 40 in resonator tunnel. Resonators in trash. I added DEI tunnel shield 2 to cover some sounds and heat. We then put H pipe behind and ran out 2.5 inch pipe and welded stock tips on. Took at least 75 pounds off ass end of this heavy car.
Sounds like GTR getting flogged when you are on it. Quiet as a mouse why you are not.
Sorry guys all cat back systems suck. The mufflers do not belong 1 foot from tips. They all rasp and sound weird. This set up is under 400 bucks and kicks butt.
I got factory heat shield back on with four washers under each bolt. I have clearance and muffler is up high. Speed bumps np problem.
Cavet emptor
Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
Saint_Shroomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
I copied a system that is listed in the stickied LLT exhaust thread. The last thread under Flowmaster is about a guy who put a single dual inlet dual outlet Flowmaster super 40 under the center of the car.
I did mine today, cut out at H pipe, just after cats and pipes run straight. Mounted Flowmaster super 40 in resonator tunnel. Resonators in trash. I added DEI tunnel shield 2 to cover some sounds and heat. We then put H pipe behind and ran out 2.5 inch pipe and welded stock tips on. Took at least 75 pounds off ass end of this heavy car.
Sounds like GTR getting flogged when you are on it. Quiet as a mouse why you are not.
Sorry guys all cat back systems suck. The mufflers do not belong 1 foot from tips. They all rasp and sound weird. This set up is under 400 bucks and kicks butt.
I got factory heat shield back on with four washers under each bolt. I have clearance and muffler is up high. Speed bumps np problem.
Cavet emptor
Get a video up! I'll start a custom exhaust playlist.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
Cavet emptor
Wouldnt mind hearing this . Post vids when you get the chance please Im still searching after a year I dont my car to sound like ass lol. Rather it sound like nothing then rasp.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
akprad

Drives: Camaro 2LS
2012 Camaro 2LS stock exhaust

I was wondering if anyone know how much would a stock exhaust cost. I am looking forward to replace the Magnaflow exhaust from my Camaro as it is resonant when I am driving at 70-75 miles an hour (above 1750rpm) and it is kinda irritating when I am driving long distance. It sounds really good when I am accelerating but not good when I am driving constantly around 70mph. If anyone has information on a better and quiter exhaust, please let me know.

Thanks!
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #14
rsv07

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprad View Post
I was wondering if anyone know how much would a stock exhaust cost. I am looking forward to replace the Magnaflow exhaust from my Camaro as it is resonant when I am driving at 70-75 miles an hour (above 1750rpm) and it is kinda irritating when I am driving long distance. It sounds really good when I am accelerating but not good when I am driving constantly around 70mph. If anyone has information on a better and quiter exhaust, please let me know.

Thanks!
You could have some J-Pipes welded on. Doesn't cost much from what I understand and it will eliminate the drone while still allowing you to keep that great aftermarket sound.
rsv07 is offline   Reply With Quote