Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Transmission Issues

Ok so my A6 with TapShift hasnt been working so well, when ever I put it into sport, then go to manual (TapShift) and then back into sport my car thinks its in TapShift still, it will shift on its own but it dosent work correct. Do I have to get a new tranny?

If I do under warranty how much do you think it would cost to throw a manual in there? I know the automatics cost more so maybe the difference would pay for the swap?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Confused, mine wont shift on its own in tapshift, Sport yes, so if it shifting you are in sport. It seems to hold gears FOREVER in sport though. What is it doing that isn't correct?

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Confused, mine wont shift on its own in tapshift, Sport yes, so if it shifting you are in sport. It seems to hold gears FOREVER in sport though. What is it doing that isn't correct?
It shifts in sport on its on, I have to shift it myself in TapShift but when I go back into sport it dosent register and it dosent react the way sport usually does its sluggish. I have to go in and out of TapShift until it realizes its in sport and works properly
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
If you go into tapshift, then go to Drive, and then back to sport does sport work correctly then? If so I would say it is in the TCM/BCM and not the transmission.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
If you go into tapshift, then go to Drive, and then back to sport does sport work correctly then? If so I would say it is in the TCM/BCM and not the transmission.
It has nothing to do with drive. Just sport and TapShift. My car gets confused which one it really should be in
Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Ok so my A6 with TapShift hasnt been working so well, when ever I put it into sport, then go to manual (TapShift) and then back into sport my car thinks its in TapShift still, it will shift on its own but it dosent work correct. Do I have to get a new tranny?

If I do under warranty how much do you think it would cost to throw a manual in there? I know the automatics cost more so maybe the difference would pay for the swap?
Hello colingordon,

Sorry to hear about your concerns. I know that must be frustrating, and I'm happy to see you're actively exploring service options. I'd be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you at the nearest GM dealership. Feel free to send me a private message in this matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care