Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Pedders Suspension

What is the best overall Pedders suspension kit for the 2010 Camaro?

I'm not sure which one to get. I'm not a racer, just a cruiser, road tripper, and the occasional stop light drag racer.

What's the best setup for me?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
BigWaveDave
While E Coyote

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Pedders

Here's a link to the pedders kit I'm putting on my Camaro.

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...MAROPERSTR2PLS

Like you, mine will never see the track, I want it lowered about an inch and I want the handling dialed in. This kit does all that. Pedders products are top notch and the guys behind it really know this stuff inside-out.

HTH..

BigWaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
The Street 2 Plus is a good package, you can get a better idea of what you get and don't get with each package by looking at my site, I can understand where your coming from in saying that you wont be taking your car to the road course, but it's very common for someone to buy a partial kit, and then come back and say i should have donr it all at once, and they add the parts to complete the Track 2 kit, even though they will never see the track.

Bottom line, you will need to decide for yourself which kit is best, I have the Extreme Xa Track 2 on my GTO, and the Track 2 on my SRT8. When i eventually make the change to the Camaro i will have the Extreme Xa Package on it.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
The Street 2 Plus is a good package, you can get a better idea of what you get and don't get with each package by looking at my site, I can understand where your coming from in saying that you wont be taking your car to the road course, but it's very common for someone to buy a partial kit, and then come back and say i should have donr it all at once, and they add the parts to complete the Track 2 kit, even though they will never see the track.

Bottom line, you will need to decide for yourself which kit is best, I have the Extreme Xa Track 2 on my GTO, and the Track 2 on my SRT8. When i eventually make the change to the Camaro i will have the Extreme Xa Package on it.
Hmmmm, interesting. I liked the sound of the Street II Drop II package as well. I'd like it to sit pretty low. What about the Xa street, the Xa street performance, and the Xa touring extreme packages? Out of those three, which one is the best overall street vs performance?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Rob@WretchedMS

Who will be doing the installation? What is their skill level?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Hey monster, I bought the Xa Track Extreme kit and the only thing that we are waiting on are the sway bars to come in(hopefully in 2 weeks). Haddad Motorsports in Inglewood is doing the install for me. The Install for mine is roughly 16hrs of labor. Talke to Mike, he'll point you in the right direction for your suspension needs, 310 412-8032. There's a DYNO day here in San DIego, everything should be installed by Haddad Motorsports by then and I'll bring the car by.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

Mike is a great guy, and has a great shop, you can't go wrong with him.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

I'm glad I was recommended to his shop. It may be a 2 hour drive from San Diego but worth the customer service and the end product they produce.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Who will be doing the installation? What is their skill level?
Well if the install insn't overly complicated, I'd probably attempt to tackle it myself. But if it's pretty crazy then I'll just get a shop to do it. I'm just your average backyard mechanic with not a whole lot of car experience. I am a former H-60 helicopter airframe mechanic so I am somewhat mechanically inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Hey monster, I bought the Xa Track Extreme kit and the only thing that we are waiting on are the sway bars to come in(hopefully in 2 weeks). Haddad Motorsports in Inglewood is doing the install for me. The Install for mine is roughly 16hrs of labor. Talke to Mike, he'll point you in the right direction for your suspension needs, 310 412-8032. There's a DYNO day here in San DIego, everything should be installed by Haddad Motorsports by then and I'll bring the car by.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll give him a call! When you get it installed, I'd love to hear your impressions on the ride!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
Rob@WretchedMS

No sways, press bushings in the front, rear cradle inserts (non press) and diff bushings are pressed in
CamXaStrt
Camaro Xa Street
$1,699.99

Adds complete bushings for the sub frame, stiffer but harder to install
CamXaStrtPerf
Extreme XA Street Performance
$1,899.99

Adds and front sway bar, bushing inserts on the front radius rod, and rear sub frames, (no diff bushings)
CamXaTourExt
Camaro XA Touring Extreme Kit
$1,999.99

Adds both sways and links, pressed bushings in the radius rod arms, inserts in the rear sub frame, and does come with diff bushings(press out required)
CamExtStrt2+
Pedders Extreme Street II Plus
$2,119.99

Pressed bushings are harder to install, but give better results.

Of these options, i'd go with the Pedders Extreme Street II Plus
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Hey Monster, I'll let you know on the ride quality. MIke also does a demo on the Pedders suspension on his G8. That car is amazing and very kickass demo. Everytime I go up there, there's always a Camaro in the Bay getting upgrades. Here's the website www.haddadmotorsports.com . Tell him Stan sent ya.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
So it takes 16 hours to install a suspsension package? That will equate to some
serious money on labor alone. I'm curious because I'm thinking about a suspension upgrade very soon.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Hey Monster, I'll let you know on the ride quality. MIke also does a demo on the Pedders suspension on his G8. That car is amazing and very kickass demo. Everytime I go up there, there's always a Camaro in the Bay getting upgrades. Here's the website www.haddadmotorsports.com . Tell him Stan sent ya.
Awesome, that sounds pretty sweet. Already saved in my favorites.

Todd
Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Yup, thats where it sucks but Haddad Motorsports is the shop to go to here in SoCal for Pedders suspension install. I also wanted it done right so I'll pony up the cash for proper install. Remember that Pedders kits are increasing the prices by 10% by the new year.