Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Thumbs down Rx Performance Customer Review

First and foremost I would like start out the tread with a disclaimer of sorts. I do not intend this review to feed trolls, slander or write false information about Rx Performance. I am not being manipulative, blackmailing nor representing any other persons or businesses and I am of sound mind and judgement.

Now that I got that out of the way... below is a link to a thread that has nothing but hard data of the situation I am dealing with. Read it page by page then come back to this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308489

Here is a synopsis of the facts...

1) Rx installed cams that will not work on any LLT.

2) Rx installed the incorrect sized turbo on my car. (Ordered a completely different model)

3) Rx did not install a twin scroll housing on my turbo which I was charged for the upgrade.

4) Rx cannot tune vehicles and the tuner that did support with earlier/current builds no longer will tune any vehicle that has any Rx parts. I was assured by the owner of Rx that my car would be tuned and 100% operational prior to leaving his shop!

5) Rx incorrectly sent me another set of the same MACE cams thinking that they sent me my stock cams back.

6) I drove down to Bradenton, FL from Virginia Beach, VA twice to have Rx work on my car, paid for two weeks of a rental car and hotel thinking that Rx Performance was the leader in FI for V6 Camaros and would build me the FI car of my dreams.

7) Burnt two weeks of leave and 55 hours of my life driving; I am in the military so leave is equal to vaccation time.

So what what did Rx do to try and rectify?

1) They sent me my stock cams back.

2) Offered me a refund only once they get the two sets of MACE cams back. A refund for cams and the twin scroll housing only!

3) Wanted me to appologize to him for dragging his good name through the mud on public forums and giving bad reviews.

4) Sent me a cease and desists e-mail to remove all feedback from all forum websites or legal action will be pursued.

So what am I having to do because of all this mess?

- Get my stock cams and heads re-installed at my expense.
- Purchase and install the correct sized turbo on my car at my expense.
- Hopefully get a refund for the cams/turbo housing. FINGERS CROSSED!!
- Have my car in the shop for about a week.
- Pay for a weekly rental until my car is finished.
- Retain a attorney in Bradenton in case I don't get a refund or need to defend myself for a slander/libel lawsuit (Really!??).

Recommendation:

For anyone that is ever thinking of having Rx Performance do anything to your vehicle. Read the thread hyperlinked above and read all of the pages. By being more informed about the lack of quality of their work, business practices, how the owner of the business communicates with his customers and handles disputes; it will save you thousands of dollars, hours of time and frustrations.

The owner of Rx truly believes that there is a customer base that is out to attack and defame him. If you read numerous other threads on this website and a few other websites, you will clearly see the former customers that have posted e-mails, text messages, photos, more threads etc... are merely attempting to get the word out about this shop and absolutely have legitimate complaints/disputes (including myself) against Rx Performance.

The sheer volume and frequency of unhappy customers and some vendors is a true testament of Rx Performance and their staff. And if that isn't enough of a warning just look at all the incorrect catch can orders; bad paint jobs, wrong brackets, lack of clear instructions, failing check valves, wrong sized hoses; the list goes on and on.

Their catch cans are just the tip of the iceberg, go below the water line and check out all the problems with their FI builds. People that have spent thousands to tens of thousands of dollars are going through a similiar situations to include the people that have spent a hundred or so on Rx catch cans. For those of you that pushed the " I believe button" post your candid experiences. No matter how much you spent on your build get the word out to ensure this doesn't happen to any other enthusiast.

***CAVEAT EMPTOR***

Also when you go to a shop a couple of times within a 2-3 month period and see a constant rotation of new staff, dis-organization, owner shows up late, his staff has no idea where he is and a guy is painting your car parts outside in a bug net with overspray landing on other customer cars and catch cans. Just turn around and walk away.

Last edited by elsololobo02; 08-05-2013 at 11:15 PM.
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
WOW...This is like a rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland, I just keeps getting deeper and going and going.

How many people did Tracy screw over? Atleast 20 with threads
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
elsololobo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo99 View Post
WOW...This is like a rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland, I just keeps getting deeper and going and going.

How many people did Tracy screw over? Atleast 20 with threads
Yep it's more like a black hole where light can't even escape! 20 threads is about right, that is roughly how many builds went to Rx to get FI mods or full Rx FI kits. Not just the V6 guys either, there are a couple of V8's and a caddy guy too!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Sorry to hear your problem. Hopefully this will detour other possible customers.
You should give a call to Matt@fsp. Great company all around.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Yep it's more like a black hole where light can't even escape! 20 threads is about right, that is roughly how many builds went to Rx to get FI mods or full Rx FI kits. Not just the V6 guys either, there are a couple of V8's and a caddy guy too!
More than just 5th gen Camaros
Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post

First and foremost I would like start out the tread with a disclaimer of sorts. I do not intend this review to feed trolls, slander or write false information about Rx Performance. I am not being manipulative, blackmailing nor representing any other persons, businesses and I am of sound mind and judgement.

Now that I got that out of the way... below is a link to a thread that has nothing but hard data of the situation I am dealing with. Read it page by page then come back to this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308489

Here is a synopsis of the facts...

1) Rx installed cams that will not work on any LLT.

2) Rx installed the incorrect sized turbo on my car. (Ordered a completely different model)

3) Rx did not install a twin scroll housing on my turbo which I was charged for the upgrade.

4) Rx cannot tune vehicles and the tuner that did support with earlier/current builds no longer will tune any vehicle that has any Rx parts. I was assured by the owner of Rx that my car would be tuned and 100% operational prior to leaving his shop!

5) Rx incorrectly sent me another set of the same MACE cams thinking that they sent me my stock cams back.

6) I drove down to Bradenton, FL from Virginia Beach, VA twice to have Rx work on my car, paid for two weeks of a rental car and hotel thinking that Rx Performance was the leader in FI for V6 Camaros and would build me the FI car of my dreams.

7) Burnt two weeks of leave and 30 hours of my life driving; I am in the military so leave is equal to vaccation time.

So what what did Rx do to try and rectify?

1) They sent me my stock cams back.

2) Offered me a refund only once they get the two sets of MACE cams back. A refund for cams and the twin scroll housing only!

3) Wanted me to appologize to him for dragging his good name through the mud on public forums and giving bad reviews.

So what am I having to do because of all this mess?

- Get my stock cams and heads re-installed at my expense.
- Purchase and install the correct sized turbo on my car at my expense.
- Hopefully get a refund for the cams/turbo housing. FINGERS CROSSED!!
- Have my car in the shop for about a week.
- Pay for a weekly rental until my car is finished.
- Retain a attorney in Bradenton in case I don't get a refund.

Recommendation:

For anyone that is ever thinking of having Rx Performance do anything to your vehicle. Read the thread hyperlinked above and read all of the pages. By being more informed about the lack of quality of their work, business practices, how the owner of the business communicates with his customers and handles disputes; it will save you thousands of dollars, hours of time and frustrations.

The owner of Rx truly believes that there is a customer base that is out to attack and defame him. If you read numerous other threads on this website and a few other websites, you will clearly see the former customers that have posted e-mails, text messages, photos, more threads ect are merely attempting to get the word out about this shop and absolutely have legitimate complaints/disputes (including myself) against Rx Performance.

The sheer volume and frequency of unhappy customers and some vendors is a true testament of Rx Performance and their staff. And if that isn't enough of a warning just look at all the incorrect catch can orders; bad paint job, wrong brackets, lack of clear instructions, failing check valves, wrong sized hoses etc.

Their catch cans are just the tip of the iceberg, go below the water line and check out all the problems with their FI builds.

***CAVEAT EMPTOR***

Also when you go to a shop a couple of times within a 2-3 month period and see a constant rotation of new staff, dis-organization and a guy painting car parts outside in a bug net with overspray landing on customer cars. Just turn around and walk away.
We thank you for the integrity in telling your incredible story(s).

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6

Seriously that is what my head is doing after reading all of this
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
wouldn't be surprised if tracy changes the name of his shop/business. lol
Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
he has done that 2 or 3 times I think.
Turbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
wouldn't be surprised if tracy changes the name of his shop/business. lol
Again?...................
Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Well written and informative. You have shown more tact and restraint than most.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
elsololobo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Well written and informative. You have shown more tact and restraint than most.
Yes it has been extremely tough to restrain my writtings during this debacle. I do appreciate the comment and glad the word is getting out about this shop to inform members not to even think about having any work done by them.

I really feel like I'm in some kinda of warped Alice in Camaroland movie. I still can't comprehend what is happening logically. Blown away.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #14
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Informative, my money will go else where.
2010 Camaro Synergy Green Edition V6/A6: Cold Air Inductions Intake, Trifecta tune, BBK long tube headers and Hi flow cats, MRT V1, Ported Throttle Body, Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold (MACE), Black Ice-olator Intake Manifold Spacer, Plenum Spacer, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous.
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote