Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #57
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Seriously who cares? Just be fortunate enough and be happy with what you drive. Other people aren't so fortunate. You have a nice car. I see people every day that drive old beat up cars living pay check to pay check. Appreciate life.
Best post of the entire thread!!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #58
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It doesn't matter one way or the other. Its just as fast with the official 312 as it was with the unofficial 304.
I was referring to the reply calling him out on the 304 vs 312 number, not arguing anything else.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #59
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Seriously who cares? Just be fortunate enough and be happy with what you drive. Other people aren't so fortunate. You have a nice car. I see people every day that drive old beat up cars living pay check to pay check. Appreciate life.
Good deal.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #60
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I doubt you had the same firehawk as the one I showed in the link...unless you paid over 40k for it in the early 90's. If you had that car you would of known it. It was 350 hp and 390 tq at 34xx lbs. Thats no 14 second car my friend. Thats a 12 second car with traction.

They switched to a speed density system in 1990 and got more power. 245hp and 345 tq was the rating from then on.

You are not showing the stats from a 1990-1992 car and or they are incorrect. (as far as hp/tq....15.2 could happen...a 16 could happen...its driver/conditions)

http://www.thirdgen.org/1992-chevy-camaro
245hp/345tq

Some more tests and specs

http://www.prophetsofmadness.com/iro...magarticle.htm
(245 hp/345tq...97.7 trap speed. decent 14.7)

http://www.prophetsofmadness.com/iro...endofanera.htm
(14.4 @ 97.8 mph) 245hp/345 tq

Enough proof of the 14.4 and ~98 mph trap speed like I said in the first place?

I guess that was the best run of all time for the car. First time in history it has happened. But that was the best run ever right their. They must have been at Perfect DA in 50 degree weather with the wind behind them and a factory ringer (and with Evan Smiths dad BTW)...they could never have gone any faster than 14.4.

Ive hijacked this thread enough...Im out.
FWIW I ran high 14's about a month and a half ago in total garbage weather. 93% humidity 83 F with an embarrassing reaction time of 1.1 1.3 secs My best times were a 14.71 94mph and 14.96 93.6mph My 14.7 corrected to a 14.006 and 99.97mph. My car was running on 87 octane and was bone stock. With a good driver and hero conditions I don't think a low 14 or high 13 hero time is out of the question.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #61
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
FWIW I ran high 14's about a month and a half ago in total garbage weather. 93% humidity 83 F with an embarrassing reaction time of 1.1 1.3 secs My best times were a 14.71 94mph and 14.96 93.6mph My 14.7 corrected to a 14.006 and 99.97mph. My car was running on 87 octane and was bone stock. With a good driver and hero conditions I don't think a low 14 or high 13 hero time is out of the question.
He wasn't talking about your car. This is about 20 year old cars.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #62
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
He wasn't talking about your car. This is about 20 year old cars.
I get that but I'm trying to illustrate the new V6 isn't a bad option. The OP seems really unhappy about his purchase. I love my 2LT. I love the way it handles (better than an SS) I love the sound and if I can catch a GT or SS napping they won't be catching me as quickly as they'd hope to. You 2 are arguing over times of yore. Those old v8 didn't produce as much HP but they were superior in torque and much lighter to boot. I'm not into fantasy stats and fairytales but I don't think high 13's out of that stuff in ideal conditions is completely out of the question either.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #63
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
You 2 are arguing over times of yore.
There was no argument. He was simply wrong from the beginning without question.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #64
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I get that but I'm trying to illustrate the new V6 isn't a bad option. The OP seems really unhappy about his purchase. I love my 2LT. I love the way it handles (better than an SS) I love the sound and if I can catch a GT or SS napping they won't be catching me as quickly as they'd hope to. You 2 are arguing over times of yore. Those old v8 didn't produce as much HP but they were superior in torque and much lighter to boot. I'm not into fantasy stats and fairytales but I don't think high 13's out of that stuff in ideal conditions is completely out of the question either.
Hey SixJak...I was down in branson this past weekend until tuesday...but can't say I saw you driving around lol. Girlfriend and I decided to take a little mini vacation down there....but she would have been UNHAPPY if I had taken up much of that time doin "camaro stuff" lol

I wish we had a track up around here in Mid Mo.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #65
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hey SixJak...I was down in branson this past weekend until tuesday...but can't say I saw you driving around lol. Girlfriend and I decided to take a little mini vacation down there....but she would have been UNHAPPY if I had taken up much of that time doin "camaro stuff" lol

I wish we had a track up around here in Mid Mo.
Well you could have driven down the strip between 8pm -10:30pm and saw all SIX Camaros sitting out front of the Hughes Bros Theatre during showtime. LOL If ur ever down here again lemeknow. I'll get you tix to the show if you want.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #66
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
There was no argument. He was simply wrong from the beginning without question.
LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #67
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
V6 Challenger - We both agree the Camaro is faster

Hyundai's 2010 Genesis is faster - Agreed it is faster however the V6 version also starts at about $2,000 more than the 1LS Camaro.

350Z is faster - Not a fair comparison given that the 350Z sold at a base price of about $35k without options. For that price you could have an SS with mods that would destroy it. Oh and the 350Z isn't even sold anymore and the 370Z is even more expensive.

any infiniti V6 car is faster - The least expensive Infinity coupe is the G37 which starts at $36,000. Again for that price you could have a modded SS or a turbo charged V6 Camaro that would absolute annihilate it.

Altima coupe is faster too i guess - The Altima V6 coupe starts at $27,000 ($5k more than the Camaro). They both do 0-60 in about 6 seconds. The Altima does weight quite a bit less however it also has less horsepower at just 270. It's close here but i'd be willing to bet the Camaro wins, especially if you modded a 1LS to equal the V6 Altima price.

the new 2011 V6 mustang is faster - I think this really comes down to a drivers race for the most part. I have driven a 2011 V6 Mustang and felt the engine to be really lacking. With that said the Camaro is better looking, and feels like a much more expensive car. The V6 Mustang feels cheap. Keep in mind that the V6 Camaro came out last year and made a laughing stock of Ford which is why they had to redo their engines for 2011 which had not really been changed since like 2005. It would be foolish to think GM would redo the engine on a car that's only a year old.

The real funny thing is you are completely contradicting yourself. You are saying that it's stupid to compare the Camaro beating any V6 that isn't a 2011 but then you feel it is fair to compare it to the V6 in expensive luxury cars like Infiniti. All V6 engines are not created equal. The bottom line is that for a starting price of $22,000 the V6 Camaro is absolutely a fast car. No one ever claimed it was the fastest car on the market.

Btw if your anger stems from constantly being beaten in races....maybe you're just a crappy driver. Have a nice day

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune

Last edited by DevilKnightFalcon; 09-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #68
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
Why would i sell my car?

I am talking about the V6 camaro in general, people happy it have 304 HP thinking it fast while its not
Why sell your car? Seems like you are having a pity party cause you don't like the toy you bought. You want to make the point that your car is all show and not fast at all. So I am assuming you don't like that aspect of your car. Telling you to go buy something else is a logical response. Better to spend the money than to make yourself miserable by obsessing about your car's shortcomings.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #69
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
My V6 is better than all the cars listed, because it is Synergy Green.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #70
olivdav

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
The question is not who has the fastest car, it is do you enjoy your car? If you bought the car to race, then do what you need to do to make it faster. I bought mine because I have always wanted one, they are sweet looking and I am old enough to afford it, yet young enought to still know how to drive it. I am not planning on putting it on a track, just cruise around with my favorite seat cover (Wife) next to me. People pull up next to me ready to race, I just smile at them rev the engine a little and do a normal pull away from the light as I would all the time laughing at the idiots as they waste tire tread trying to show me who has a bigger pecker...kid games. I love my manual V6, I know I can pass on a two lane highway with no trouble at all and the car is pretty!

Closed Thread