Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
That is my point exactly. This car has the design elements necessary to win over buyers who have have the means to purchase a BMW or other import if it will simply deliver on the specs promised. That is what GM needs to regain market share. The chevy faithful are a strong demographic but not large enough by themselves to put GM on top again.

I would venture to say this site is frequented by avid car fans. Your average buyer doesn't take the time to do this much research. They won't consider these "minor" issues. It will not take that many of these incidents to change public opinion, which is already negative towards GM. I just don't see that GM gets it.
You just killed your whole point. The average car buyer will never even hear about these issues. Shoot, the average car buyer doesn't buy a MANUAL SS!!!!! GM is doing the right thing and fixing it. What else do you want? Unless you've written procurement docs on a time machine, your whining won't get us anywhere.

And btw, what would a systems engineer that writes documents know about mechanical tolerances and differences in metallurgy?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Mike TexaSS

Drives: 454 LS7 Camaro SS
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #17
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
You just killed your whole point. The average car buyer will never even hear about these issues. Shoot, the average car buyer doesn't buy a MANUAL SS!!!!! GM is doing the right thing and fixing it. What else do you want? Unless you've written procurement docs on a time machine, your whining won't get us anywhere.

And btw, what would a systems engineer that writes documents know about mechanical tolerances and differences in metallurgy?
Yeah agreed! Lets not turn this into a "speculate and guess" or a "Lets bash GM" thread like the last large thread about this issue.

I'm happy GM is responding quickly to the issue.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #18
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I wish they would have given us some kind of time frame about when the cars on hold will be fixed.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
Yeah agreed! Lets not turn this into a "speculate and guess" or a "Lets bash GM" thread like the last large thread about this issue.

I'm happy GM is responding quickly to the issue.
AGREED! Please don't let your emotions get the best of you when posting.

Let's please all comments respectful and mature. Again, we'll bring you updates as soon as we find out.

Thank you.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #20
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domano 68 View Post
18xxxVIN here. Starting in first gear is not the smoothest in my car. Getting some vibrations at higher speeds but I need to confirm this on different roads due to different surfaces. Hopefully I am being paranoid only! Will watch this thread closely.
14000+ here and i still will drive it like a muscle car thats what it is and it's under warranty right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts --

To those who are 'fed up' with GM and "American Products" --

Every manufacturer has issues such as this.

The issue is a supplier problem and it DOES NOT INVOLVE EVERY 6-speed manual transmission.

Once again I'll say this: there IS a downside to sharing information....and this is a perfect example of it.

We could clam up and perhapsyou'd never know about it...but to the Camaro Team, that would not be the right thing to do.

If you think that BMW and Mercedes and other foreign manufacturers don't have similar issues, you're wrong.

WHAT I RECOMMEND: (....from a PERSONAL viewpoint......)

DO NOT do 6,000 RPMS and then DUMP the clutch.

That's a foolish thing to do....regardless of what you are driving.

I'm not saying you have to 'baby' the car -- but don't go out and 'flog hell outta it!"

Meanwhile - we will have more info. as details develop.

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #21
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
I wish they would have given us some kind of time frame about when the cars on hold will be fixed.
My understanding is that they don't quite know what the problem is and what the fix is. Once they get that, they should be able to set up a time frame and will hopefully let everyone know.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #22
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
What about the "VW Sludge" issue for 1.8Turbo vehicles throghout the mid 2000's. I know my B5.5 is in that range, and that VW will no longer cover the issues. Additionally, they have a known issue where Timing Belts break at 60K miles (yet vehicle maint. manual says replace at 100k miles NOT 60k), and any damage caused by the Timing Belt breaking is not covered under Warranty.

I would have NEVER known these issues if I was not part of ClubB5. Be careful what you wish for... if you want info, you come to an enthusiasts website, but you also get an information overload of good and bad.

Trust me, these issues are small in comparison... because at least they are recognizing the issues and rectifying them. Before I broke out the pitch forks and torches, I'd wait until GM refuses to fix it, and gives you the bill for a broken shaft. THATS when you can call GM crap.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Subscribed and watching...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
I would hope that if a recall isn't issued...that warranty repairs for this failure are 'easy' from a paperwork/approval standpoint.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
I wonder if that means if a dealer has lets say 2 allocations 1 manual 1 Auto manual ordered first would that be bumped or just put on hold in same order????
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad GM is doing the right thing and checking and double checking. We know they want to get it right, and we are very glad for that! My car is one of the ones that is built and on hold for this reason and I am going to wait patiently knowing that when I do get it I will have confidence that it was well made, quality assured, and ready for me to drive it like a muscle car should!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #27
fastdoc436

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,35thLE/SS,30thAE/SS
Thanks to Fbodfather for his post...I for one am very greatful for the free flowing information about problems with the Camaro. Most are simple fixes if you discover you have the problem (nuts on the spoiler, a pillar popping off, etc). Some are much more serious and are being dealt with swiftly. I am happy that GM is stepping up and being pro-active with repairs...and still honoring the warranty if you launch the car and it breaks. I am very pleased with my 2010 Camaro and GM!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts --

To those who are 'fed up' with GM and "American Products" --

Every manufacturer has issues such as this.

The issue is a supplier problem and it DOES NOT INVOLVE EVERY 6-speed manual transmission.

Once again I'll say this: there IS a downside to sharing information....and this is a perfect example of it.

We could clam up and perhapsyou'd never know about it...but to the Camaro Team, that would not be the right thing to do.

If you think that BMW and Mercedes and other foreign manufacturers don't have similar issues, you're wrong.

WHAT I RECOMMEND: (....from a PERSONAL viewpoint......)

DO NOT do 6,000 RPMS and then DUMP the clutch.

That's a foolish thing to do....regardless of what you are driving.

I'm not saying you have to 'baby' the car -- but don't go out and 'flog hell outta it!"

Meanwhile - we will have more info. as details develop.
Thank you Scott!

Closed Thread