Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #43
XxDooMxX

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCamaroSS View Post
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.
Same here...

and i hope you guys sort it out somehow..
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #44
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
Tough crowd...Huh Gary? I'll draw their fire as usual and you take cover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Well with over 500 items sent out to C5 customers there will be a few errors or mistakes i'm sure. and took care of any and all that have come up without any issues at all.
No problem...just bustin' you a little. I've got 30 grilles goin' out this week too....gotta quit typin' and get to work!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #45
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCamaroSS View Post
Wow this is crazy. I was considering buying some items from Gary but after reading this post I will look for them someplace else. Here is definitely one more customer you have lost because your customer service needs a relook. Making this right would have definitely been the way to go.
Bottom Line Up Front: Gary Customs stopped doing business with another large supplier of aftermarket parts, after that supplier kept delaying shipments or send products with missing parts (name with held on purpose) who used to be here on Camaro5!

I talked with ACS at SEMA, even tried to hit them up for sponsorship ( ) at SEMA for that bumper with splitter and specifically asked about availability and he said "NOW" as if I couldn't the sponsorship, I was ready to buy!

So, when ACS dealers (GARY CUSTOMS) are told ready to ship, Garys tells his customers SYKB471 yes, available to ship and then when ACS fails to deliver, it appears GARY CUSTOMS is the culprit, when in fact it's ACS!!

I notice ACS made no response on this THREAD yet!!!

Not saying GARY is perfect, mistakes do happen, but he does remendy the problem! Despite what the masses think, GARY CUSTOMS did not sponsor VETERAN 1, I spent thousands of dollars with him; without incident!

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4

Last edited by thespymaster; 12-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #46
SEXYRED808
Account Suspended

Drives: yellow RS/SS
here is acs phone number for anyone who is scarred to call them directly:
Tel (514) 828-1000
Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #47
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYRED808 View Post
here is acs phone number for anyone who is scarred to call them directly:
Tel (514) 828-1000
It doesn't matter at this point what ACS says. The item was sold as complete....bumper and splitter. He was told they would be together....they are not. Customer service falls on Gary. If you buy a Sony TV from Best Buy.....its missing the remote or is damaged in the box(no external damage on the box). Best Buy will not return saying its not their fault.......who is a fault....are you going to Sony? I doubt it.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ok time to regroup here.

Obviously the staff can't take sides in a situation like this.

But, we will not allow our forums to be used as a bully pulpit to pressure any member, sponsor or not, into doing something.

I am in no way saying you have to agree with either party but we won't let members "gang up" on another to apply leverage. Feel free to comment then please move on.

Only the buyer and seller can resolve this issue... Please be respectful in your discussions.

You may not like how this situation is being handled, and you are free to say so... Just don't cross the line of trying to force some type of response.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #49
CleanCutCreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
even if you were to get the OE paint codes, humidity can make the colors vary... i chuckle when i hear anyone selling any prepainted "to match" parts...
For what it's worth....do you know that any parts of a Camaro (or any other car/truck for that matter) that are not sheetmetal (bumpers, handles, trim ect..) are painted off site from where that vehicle is assembled? Read: NOT PAINTED WITH THE CAR. All using an "OE paint code". There is always a slight varience in color from sheetmetal to a bumper cover/trim. The manufacturers do the best job they can and have improved colormatch greatly in the past several years. Even the sheetmetal paint colors can vary between buildplants and that is why there are color variencies made by aftermarket paint manufacturers. So this being true...all bumpers and trim are "pre-painted to match" from factory. So, chuckle on.......
Old 12-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #50
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Huh....did I miss the post(s) where other members are forcing Gary to give the guy his money back?

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #51
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Huh....did I miss the post(s) where other members are forcing Gary to give the guy his money back?
NO. a little preventative action on my part... we've seen it turn ugly before where people will use camaro5's popularity to try and leverage a vendor to give them free stuff or get a discount or take a product back for no good reason "if you don't hook me up I'll flame you on Camaro5."

True story... Happens more often than we'd care to admit... So, I'm just being a little proactive to prevent that from happening.

it's kinda crazy to watch the hoards of people jump on board stuff like that and hammer a company based on one side of the story.

But, we don't want to discourage our members from giving honest feedback either... It's kinda of a tricky balance when you have paying sponsors.... It's not as easy. We can't let it be a free for all or the sponsors would all leave.... but we can't only defend our sponsors and silence complaints against them cus the members would leave. Can't have a forum without members......

we are constantly trying to find the line of what's fair for both sides....

Well, Tran is really...

FWIW.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #52
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Cool. I thought maybe some sneaky editing went down and I missed it

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #53
DayDreamer
Along for the ride!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBM
I agree with most of the people from what I have picked up...

If a customer orders a part from a supplier and has already pushed back his deadline waiting and you have a supply date of TBD(to be determined)...

Can you expect him to sit by with an unfinished product until future products are created, not produced, but created(or modified if you want to get technical)?

Edit: I would like add that I ordered the T3 and Street Scenes lower grill from Gary and they parts arrived just as I ordered. I even had a hold up with my paypal account and Gary worked with me directly on it until the payment was received. Nobody is perfect and I have faith in Gary that this will be resolved and everyone can continue driving these sweet rides.

Last edited by DayDreamer; 12-01-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #54
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Well its obivious that this wont get resolved. He has put his foot down on this return or exchange.

Im done here and will chuck it up as a BIG loss. I have posted nothing but the truth and yet get sensored. I just hope the next person that comes along has a much better experience than I've had. I personally want to thank everyone that has offered support and guidance since the post went up. I have had my opinions about how thing have been handled here before and this will add to that. I am very disappointed to say the least. I have several vendors that have always delivered on every order and will only use them from here on out. I sincerely hope that my post/feedback will help those that are on the fence about spending there hard earned money. Good luck.

Thank you to all of the supportive members here. You are a great bunch of people. (tear)

If things change I'll be sure to update everyone with a resolution. But for now....I'm done.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #55
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
Well its obivious that this wont get resolved. He has put his foot down on this return or exchange.

Im done here and will chuck it up as a BIG loss. I have posted nothing but the truth and yet get sensored. I just hope the next person that comes along has a much better experience than I've had. I personally want to thank everyone that has offered support and guidance since the post went up. I have had my opinions about how thing have been handled here before and this will add to that. I am very disappointed to say the least. I have several vendors that have always delivered on every order and will only use them from here on out. I sincerely hope that my post/feedback will help those that are on the fence about spending there hard earned money. Good luck.

Thank you to all of the supportive members here. You are a great bunch of people. (tear)

If things change I'll be sure to update everyone with a resolution. But for now....I'm done.
Thanks for the update. I will be sure to keep this in mind whenever someone needs this type of work done. It is very upsetting that it got this far.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
CleanCutCreations

I hope this gets resolved fairly for both sides....

Closed Thread