Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 07:53 PM   #57
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Camaro did not suffer from EV investment. GM knew they had released a car for Camaro buyers and no more. More investment, other than a new car, would have been pointless.
Since you've been saying, over and over, that GM built a Camaro for Camaro buyers based on their input, I would like to know which of these "Camaro buyers/enthusiasts" said they wanted OEM tires so miserably awful that many have to spend serious money replacing them in order to experience the true capabilities of the car. I've only got a little over a thousand miles on my Conti's and am still surprised each time I drive it at the difference over the rock flats.

It took indifference on Management's part to allow this to happen. Management that cared about the future of the car would have dismissed the excuses and told the team to find a solution.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:49 PM   #58
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Since you've been saying, over and over, that GM built a Camaro for Camaro buyers based on their input, I would like to know which of these "Camaro buyers/enthusiasts" said they wanted OEM tires so miserably awful that many have to spend serious money replacing them in order to experience the true capabilities of the car. I've only got a little over a thousand miles on my Conti's and am still surprised each time I drive it at the difference over the rock flats.

It took indifference on Management's part to allow this to happen. Management that cared about the future of the car would have dismissed the excuses and told the team to find a solution.
What kind of tires did your 1LT RS come with? Do they use the same Goodyear run-flat Eagle F1 AS3's like on an SS?

I don't have many miles on mine and I haven't hard warm weather since buying the car 2 months ago, so I don't have a real opinion yet. At face value I'd take them as an adequate summer performance tire?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:18 AM   #59
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Hybrids are pretty awesome IMO. It's a nice middle ground till full EV adoption. I'd, honestly, prefer to buy a hybrid Camaro over a full EV just to get that great exhaust note from my V8 ICE. A win-win IMO till the infrastructure catches up to EVs, which could take years, if not decades.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:12 AM   #60
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Don’t fall for the marketing. It’s unlimited range as long as you keep it gassed up. It’s no more unlimited range than the Volt was. And the Volt had an EVrange of about 50 miles.
But that's the beauty of it, the benefit of not being tied to charging infrastructure. Gas and go with the benefit of EV power delivery. As a truck owner that requires long distances covered in a single day, there isn't an EV that can accomplish this task currently, except this RAM.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #61
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Hybrids are pretty awesome IMO. It's a nice middle ground till full EV adoption. I'd, honestly, prefer to buy a hybrid Camaro over a full EV just to get that great exhaust note from my V8 ICE. A win-win IMO till the infrastructure catches up to EVs, which could take years, if not decades.
It would be a stronger point with a NO electrification 7th gen, more so if it's the last GM without. And fight back in areas like torque & brake vectoring, not just play defense. Demand and expect pushback versus 2035.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:32 AM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Don’t fall for the marketing. It’s unlimited range as long as you keep it gassed up. It’s no more unlimited range than the Volt was. And the Volt had an EVrange of about 50 miles.
Fall for what marketing? It's a solution that NOBODY else offers right now. A truck that can be used in full EV mode for 90% of day to day driving, but still allows you to travel or pull a trailer as far as you want without the range anxiety of an EV. Just stop and get gas...then go 5 minutes later. For larger SUVs and Trucks, hybrids are the best solution we have to drastically reduce emissions in these types of vehicles, without the "baggage" of owning an large EV SUV or truck.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:34 PM   #63
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Volvo, taking the EV off ramp. Smart!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/vo...pdate-475a1112
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #64
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
What kind of tires did your 1LT RS come with? Do they use the same Goodyear run-flat Eagle F1 AS3's like on an SS?

I don't have many miles on mine and I haven't hard warm weather since buying the car 2 months ago, so I don't have a real opinion yet. At face value I'd take them as an adequate summer performance tire?
Yes they are the same Goodyear's. I didn't haven't anything to compare them with either when I first got the car. They are heavily criticized on this forum. They deteriorated quickly with age and a couple of AZ summers. Again, pretty sure the tires weren't very good, but no idea how bad.

Decided I didn't want to continue beating me and my new car up, bit the bullet and replaced the run flats (at 7500 miles). My only regret is not doing it sooner. The car is softer, better isolated (a massively amount better isolated) with no loss in handling. I used to come home from a day out having fun beat up and tired. Not anymore.

YMMV
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote