Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #57
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedChef10 View Post
very carefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
It's not illegal in TEXAS....well not illegal until you get stopped.....
same here in CA...

thank goodness i haven't gotten pulled over for that yet.. *knock on wood* not having a front plate is kinda like tinting your passenger and driver side windows.. illegal, yes, but only if the cop pulls you over for it.
like everyone said... don't do anything to draw attention to yourself and you should be okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post
red light cameras, photo radar, and meter readers depent on them.
the red light cameras take pictures of your back plate too, at least that's what my LEO buddie told me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
Don't get it?

Ever wonder why you rarely see one on the manufacturer's pictures or how about one of the Ridler Award cars.

Hint....say....... U-G-L-Y!
+1 my thoughts exactly...

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #58
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Magnets

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131804
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #59
Gangster
Camaro Crazy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM/Grey M6
I drove my cobalt ss for a year and a half without a front plate, a week before i traded it in for my camaro I got stopped at a stupid check point and ticketed.I could have easily sent a receipt in showing i had it installed but i figured what could it cost? meanwhile i taded the car in and sent the ticket in guilty. The ticket came back with a fine of $180 bucks!! I no longer had the car and I had already plead guilty so I just paid it. I was asked by the dealer when i got my camaro if I wanted the plate mounted and told them no. I altered it a little and got it in the lower grille without any drilling. It still bothers me having it on there so lately ive been thinking about the electric retractable mount,just debating because of ground clearance because my car is lowered. Im also in new york and some of the roads here really suck. My other pieve is that new york just changed their plate colors to yellow and blue and they are FUGLY! so now I cant get a custom plate or I will have to go to the new plates and the blue and white match so well.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #60
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiR View Post
in nyc you have to have both front and rear plates. i have the dealer front plate. ya it doesnt look that good but what can i possibly do? i have to have it .
The same way that you do , open the door , seat down turn the ignition hit the right pedal and boom there you go !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #61
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
i dident put it on the cops are cool about it though
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #62
Darth Detroit

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/2SS-Fully Loaded
Im in the Air Force and a legal resident of Michigan.
I live in Nebraska though.
Right now I have non-resident Nebraksa plates. Ne has front and back plates. I bought the Camaro it didnt have holes drilled for the front plate.
I zip tied the front plate bracket to the grill and it looks like its permently
Mounted to the car.
Darth Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #63
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
i have to have it where I live too... I've been running without it for nearly a year. Just got caught last week... but luckily for me, no fine... just a warning. but i'll have to put mine back on soon =(
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #64
LadyT_SS
Christina

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Detroit View Post
Im in the Air Force and a legal resident of Michigan.
I live in Nebraska though.
Right now I have non-resident Nebraksa plates. Ne has front and back plates. I bought the Camaro it didnt have holes drilled for the front plate.
I zip tied the front plate bracket to the grill and it looks like its permently
Mounted to the car.
if you put Michigan tags on your Camaro you will be fine.. Im a resident of Michigan too and I have them mail my tags to me every year to Texas. If you dont want to go that route Jab Fab on moderncamaro.com has front plate mounts for $88 that are secured at the bottom of the front bumper
LadyT_SS is offline   Reply With Quote