Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #29
Gangster
Camaro Crazy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM/Grey M6
I dont see anybody complaining about reception. I live in New York and theres alot of trees here, on the way to work there is about 5 spots where I lose reception some for 30 seconds or more and it drives me nuts. Before this I had a cobalt ss and did the same exact thing. I work in a ford dealer and have driven fords and lincolns through the same route and no loss of reception. Does anybody know of any mods or boosters for better reception? I just called them because they renewed me for 3 months without my consent. I told them I want to cancel and they refunded the money they billed me and gave me 3 months free. I just cant see paying at all with this aggrivating reception.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
swagled

Drives: Y2000 Olds Intrigue
That's pretty cheap. Even if most of the stations are somebody's IPod on "shuffle", XM may in fact be worth $5 a month. Beats hunting through hundreds of "dollar bin" Compac Discs at the music store, anyway...
swagled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #31
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
And since i got it for 4 bucks I'm Even happier!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
Expand-A-Sign USA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
The best deal the XM has is a lifetime subscription, I worked it in with my car deal so no worries, no bills no nothing and it goes with the car, plus it is transferable if you car is totalled by a wreck or you car is made inoperable by theft etc....
Right - but otherwise NOT transferable outside of their stipulation:
A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT TRANSFERABLE IF IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH A RECEIVER INSTALLED BY AN AUTOMAKER OR AN AUTOMOTIVE DEALER IN A VEHICLE, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT THE ORIGINAL RECEIVER ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION PLAN IS STOLEN, ACCIDENTALLY DAMAGED OR, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, IS DEFECTIVE.

Bottom of page 8 in PDF of policy below.

Unlike the aftermarket equipment radios the GM-installed radio with a Lifetime subscription is not transferable from car to car unless your car is stolen, accidentially damaged or at their sole discretion, is defective.

While I intend to keep the Camaro for years and over-time it would pay for itself against annual plans this is a detractor for me to take the Lifetime plan.

I had the 5 months for $20 Plan last year on both the Camaro and G6 HTC - cancelled them 15 days before the auto-renewal with no problem.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf siriusxm_customeragreement_eng.pdf (217.8 KB, 586 views)
Expand-A-Sign USA is offline   Reply With Quote