Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #43
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
When people flash you it means there is a cop ahead on the road clocking speeders.
In my neck woods that is done by 3 quick flashes. Normally I can tell the difference between "there's a cop ahead" and "turn off your highbeams a$$hole."
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #44
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
In my neck woods that is done by 3 quick flashes. Normally I can tell the difference between "there's a cop ahead" and "turn off your highbeams a$$hole."
Here people just scream at you half-blind with their head out the window for the highbeams. They have to do the flash real quick or the cop will pull over the flasher instead of the speeder.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #45
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Here people just scream at you half-blind with their head out the window for the highbeams. They have to do the flash real quick or the cop will pull over the flasher instead of the speeder.
i remember an old man winning a suit against a cop who did that to him. something about inhibiting his right to free expression
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #46
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i remember an old man winning a suit against a cop who did that to him. something about inhibiting his right to free expression
Yeah it was some constitutional battle in court I think.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #47
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know sometimes I find that beemers and other cars with HID's are pretty annoying when driving at night. I've been flashed a few times in my 2SS probably for the same reason, people find bright light in their eyes while driving annoying. I just flash them back to let them know I have my low beams on. More and more cars have them, it's just something people are gonna have to get used to.

It would make sense to be sure that selanoid is not stuck, but odds are they just think your brights are on.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #48
mac1903

Drives: 2012 AGM 2LT RS Camaro
i got the same issue and still get it from time to time...had it happen about 4 times within 2 weeks
Installed/Completed: Flat Black Powder Coated Rims/MRT 2.0 Catback Exhaust with Roto-FAB CAI/Showstoppers Sequential LED Side Mirrors and Front/Rear LED Side markerts/Technostalgia LED Sequential TailLights/Flat Black Chevy Emblem Incerts
mac1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #49
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My favorite face-palm moment is when I'm cruising along at night, and a car comes around a bend towards me... and I react quickly to hit the low beams... only, as soon as I do, I realize that I was ALREADY on lows, and all I did was just blaze the krap out of some poor schmuck's retinas.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #50
Scalded Dog

"Hank, I found this thing on the car, where I can make the headlights WAY brighter! I just drive with that now, and I can't figure out why anybody would EVER use their lights the OTHER way!"---- Peggy Hill
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #51
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
When they flash you, flash your high beams back at them, then they'll realize what high beams are.
ditto
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Are you sure they aren't flashing to let you know there is a cop the way you're heading?
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshafer21 View Post
my right one is like 4 inches higher than the left one, is that normal? My neighbor is the manager of my Chevy dealer so i'll ask him to take a look.
The manufacturer will aim the left side lower so oncoming drivers don't get blinded. Pull up to a wall or fence with the lights on and if your drivers side light is level with or higher than the right side, adjust it down.
As a night commuter, I wish more people knew this. it's one of my personal pet peeves.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #54
Scalded Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshafer21 View Post
my right one is like 4 inches higher than the left one, is that normal? My neighbor is the manager of my Chevy dealer so i'll ask him to take a look.
I remember a girl in high school telling me that... one is ALWAYS higher than the other, one is always bigger than the other. I've pretty much found it to be true. High beams, low beams, whatever...
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
I used to get flashed in my Sierra after I swapped the stock headlamps for a pair of projector lamps out of a Denali. I have never been flashed in my Camaro.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote