Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #15
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
I brought mine back to the dealer today. Sure enough, they are replacing the piece that the rubber is attached to. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I should get the car back Thursday or Friday and will update.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #16
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
I brought mine back to the dealer today. Sure enough, they are replacing the piece that the rubber is attached to. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I should get the car back Thursday or Friday and will update.
Thanks DaveA for your responses. So they are replacing those two rubber pieces?
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:18 AM   #17
DaveA

Just the one on the driver's side. The passenger side is good; no sense replacing that. He said it was roughly a 1-2' piece of weather stripping that the piece of rubber is attached to. The piece on the drivers side is being placed.

By the way, I know I mentioned it before, but I LITERALLY have the exact same rub/dirt markings as you. I had to look twice as I thought those pictures were from my car. Have you tried cleaning them with a horsehair brush? It helped reduce mine but there are still some marks, hence the plan to try upholstery cleaner next. I wanted to wait until I got this top issue fixed before doing it. I have tried the horsehair brush cleaning about five times now and it helped but still not 100%. Moving on to something stronger.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #18
Tstorm180

Drives: '11 Camaro SS Conv. + '06 Silverado
I'm on my 4th top (including the original). Taking it back to the dealer on Monday since i am still getting rub marks and the cables are showing above the rear windows. Thankfully they gave me the extended warranty on the roof with the last replacement. I bet if i took it to an Audi dealership, they would be able to fix it right.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #19
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Bringing mine in today for an oil change, calibration of my TPMS in aftermarket wheels, and the rubber nubs sticking out on both sides. I'm hoping they can just adjust it while I wait. I don't want to leave my car there, but I need it fixed before it gets worse. I'll update on what they do. Bringing it to Victory Chevrolet in Charlotte, NC.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #20
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Had mine adjusted a couple of years ago and it stopped some wind noise, but it's back again. Not bad enough to take it in for $100++ service, but would be nice to make it go away.

When I put the top down for the first time this year, I noticed two adjustable stops on the back near the trunk, and two in the font on the scissor mechanism. Actually the rear rubber on the top of the water bag was pinched behind the adjusting bolts - have since pulled it out and it sort of sits on top of them.

If anyone happens to have a procedure for top adjustment, I'd appreciate your sharing if possible.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I have the rubber problem on the drivers side only. I am very interested to know what the real solution is. I don't want the dealer experimenting on my car.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #22
DaveA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
I have the rubber problem on the drivers side only. I am very interested to know what the real solution is. I don't want the dealer experimenting on my car.
They adjusted mine and it was resolved for a day. The solution, ad someone else said, is to replace the piece of weatherstrip that the piece of rubber is attached to. Mine should be back in a few days.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just replacing the weather strip will not fix the issue. I had that on mine and they replaced the weatherstrip, within a week it was doing it again. So I watched as my wife raised the top. The flat backside of that nub was catching on the plastic molding and would not slide by it. I took my dremel with a sanding drum on it and slowly re shaped the rubber nub tapering the backside of it until it no longer caught in the plastic. I have had that mod done over a year and it hasn't happened since.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
So far I haven't had any issues with my 2013 vert. It was manufactured Aug. 24th 2012. I thought that most vert issues were cleared up on cars manufactured starting in Aug. of 2012. My solution for you is simply this, put the top down at the begining of the season or when you are caught in the rain and then put it up at the end of the season for winter storage. It worked for my 1967 SS convertible. That cars top lasted 33 years!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #25
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Brought mine in. They weren't able to adjust it, so they've ordered both sides and will be replacing them next Saturday. They said they have to take a lot of the convertible top apart to do it, so I'm hoping they don't cause more problems while trying to fix this one.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #26
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
This is a symptom of the mechanism being out of alignment. Fixing the symptom will not stop the cause.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #27
DaveA

Got it back and it is again working. We'll see how things hold up.

They 'adjusted top; replaced and adjusted side molding weather trim; verified repair'. So far so good.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #28
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Good to hear, Dave. Time will tell for all of us. So far my top looks better than ever after cleaning and 303, at this rate it will last 30 years. I'll be 83. :-)