Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Question 15" Inch Wheel Drag Conversion Kits - and feedback...

Guys

Sorry for another thread on this topic but know this topic is scattered about with some good feedback.

I've seen several vendors and independents working / selling rear 15" conversion kits for Drag setups and am looking to move that way. It seems like the pricing has a pretty wide spectrum - and know some are even including wheels / tires / and the whole deal. I'd prefer to work with that after the conversion vs price within the kit.

If anyone could share their various input on this - it would really be appreciated.

I know BMR also mentioned a kit and asked for Kyle to give an update on that one if he could but know other vendors are working them as well.

Thx
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Extreme's kit is the only complete kit currently on the market AFAIK, it is $2300 plus coilovers ($1000-1250 depending on brand). Includes all necessary suspension arms, spindle machining, and the necessary wilwood brake kit. Certainly on the high side, but they make very very nice things, handmade in-house. I'm anxious to see BMR's final kit (and pricing)
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
Extreme's kit is the only complete kit currently on the market AFAIK, it is $2300 plus coilovers ($1000-1250 depending on brand). Includes all necessary suspension arms, spindle machining, and the necessary wilwood brake kit. Certainly on the high side, but they make very very nice things, handmade in-house. I'm anxious to see BMR's final kit (and pricing)
Awesome feedback and this is exactly what I was looking for because I did not even have this one on my short list that I had seen.... Thanks!
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I think I'm one of the few people on the board who have actually done this. As most where done by shops.

TCE kit on my car. Which uses a stock v6 rotor so as far as I know it's the only kit that lets you keep your ebrake. Which is a big deal because I'll tell your right now it's annoying as hell not having an ebrake on your street car. Also using a full sized rotor and caliper makes for a lot better streetability on a 4k lb car.

All the other kits look to use the drag caliper and a drag oriented rotor.
Which would make wheel choices easier, but not what I would want on my full weight street car.

Also it is in the 1400 range I think, and uses your stock suspension so that keeps costs down. You would just. Need to purchase an arm or modify your stock one.

Also when you have the hubs out, replace the stock puts with 12mm or 1/2 ones, or else you will have issues fitting drag wheels.
blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Also you would be pretty much limited to a weld rts or bogart as it still a big caliper just a lot smaller in diameter.
blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksls View Post
Also you would be pretty much limited to a weld rts or bogart as it still a big caliper just a lot smaller in diameter.
Good to go there - that piece is not an issue, running Bogarts now - ran Welds - and would stick with either regardless.

Thx
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Craig at Xtreme Innovations has done all the suspension work, cage, and K member on my car and he makes all of his stuff in his shop and is top notch quality. The 15" kit he offers has everything included and even comes with wilwood brake kit and you can use any 15" rim you want.