Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Car dusters, do you have it?

Just saw a video of a guy using a car duster on his car, and I like the idea and wanna have one too! As a owner of a black car, it is just so frustrating that after washing the car, in just a couple of hours is again full of dust!

I check on amazon and found the product, so here I am. Are they good/worthy? Do you have them? Do you like them? Does it not it leave any scratches/swirl on my black car over time??... =S

Any input will be appreciate
Attached Images

Last edited by hzisfrom1994; 02-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
Tstorm180

Drives: '11 Camaro SS Conv. + '06 Silverado
Of course. Got mine on Amazon. Well worth the $.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Yep work great
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
Blk Betty

Drives: 2011 ss
Love mine
Blk Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

So it doesnt leave any scratches/swirl on the car over time??? mine is a black car... =S
Old 02-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #6
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
When I had the black car - and sold detailing products on the side - I used and sold the Cali Duster. Get one.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Yes I use the California Duster on my black car. But ONLY for light dust or pollen. Not to be used if the car is dirty.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
Yes I use the California Duster on my black car. But ONLY for light dust or pollen. Not to be used if the car is dirty.
So it is like, using it after a car wash for the next following days but till a rain arrived? or only the same day after the car was washed? can you provide further.. plz thx!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Wow....LIFE is SURE WEIRD!

I haven't seen a Topic on "Car Dusters" since I'e been on this website. My Dad just purchased a "California Duster" from Amazon 3 days ago for me and I used it this morning. Thing works great!

I still find it funny that the same day I use it, a topic arises. Are we in a Matrix?

Now I don't have to wax my car more often, this will do the trick!

Sound attractive, so no swirl/scratches on the car?? =)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Well ...I wish I would of got the California Duster long ago.....I have scratches all over the hood and the trunk ....I have to use Meg Ultimate Polish when the weather gets better to remove them.
What did you do to the car to have all those nasty scratches and swirls?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #11
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Just a word of caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzisfrom1994 View Post
Sound attractive, so no swirl/scratches on the car?? =)
I have a black 2013 1LE and I can say it works great.

Here are the caveats.

1 As was said before, only light dust not dirt. That will let you keep the basic light simple dust off the black car and helps a lot in keeping it looking nice.
2-I don't care what you do, a black car will always after a while show some minor light swirls etc.
3-On my car I had it clayed, polished and a coating of Opticoat 2 put on it.
then I regularly use blackfire wet diamond polymeric coating, both the liquid and the spray as a detailer.
I find this allows me to use the duster and seems to protect the clearcoat and paint very well.
4-Every 6 months to 9 months depending on the weather and other factors I wash the car really well with a car soap to take most of it off.
5-Then I polish with Manzerna sf 4500 then reapply the Black Diamond Polymeric again. Good for another 6 months
6-Of course nastier climates than Arizona may require a slightly different schedule, but it works.

Constantly getting compliments even at car shows eveb with other great looking cars present. Compliments like "how do you keep a black car looking like that."

The dusting of the car should be done ever so lightly. In addition I do the following:
1- I do say the trunk lid and the rear quarter panels the back tail with tail lights, then I clean the duster off on a white towel by pounding it and rubbing it on the towel.
2-Then I do one side and half the front grill, not the matte finish hood.
Repeat the towel thing then do the other side.
3-Do the roof and then the matte finish hood, then the towel thing again.
4-Finally I do the windows, then the towel thing, then the rockers and rear diffuser then, I vacuum the duster with my wet and dry vac in both directions to keep the duster clean and remove and hard particles that might have been transferred from the rockers.

Sounds like a lot but its' quick and worth it.

Hope this helps

Jim
Old 02-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #12
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I have a black 2013 1LE and I can say it works great.

Here are the caveats.

1 As was said before, only light dust not dirt. That will let you keep the basic light simple dust off the black car and helps a lot in keeping it looking nice.
2-I don't care what you do, a black car will always after a while show some minor light swirls etc.
3-On my car I had it clayed, polished and a coating of Opticoat 2 put on it.
then I regularly use blackfire wet diamond polymeric coating, both the liquid and the spray as a detailer.
I find this allows me to use the duster and seems to protect the clearcoat and paint very well.
4-Every 6 months to 9 months depending on the weather and other factors I wash the car really well with a car soap to take most of it off.
5-Then I polish with Manzerna sf 4500 then reapply the Black Diamond Polymeric again. Good for another 6 months
6-Of course nastier climates than Arizona may require a slightly different schedule, but it works.

Constantly getting compliments even at car shows eveb with other great looking cars present. Compliments like "how do you keep a black car looking like that."

The dusting of the car should be done ever so lightly. In addition I do the following:
1- I do say the trunk lid and the rear quarter panels the back tail with tail lights, then I clean the duster off on a white towel by pounding it and rubbing it on the towel.
2-Then I do one side and half the front grill, not the matte finish hood.
Repeat the towel thing then do the other side.
3-Do the roof and then the matte finish hood, then the towel thing again.
4-Finally I do the windows, then the towel thing, then the rockers and rear diffuser then, I vacuum the duster with my wet and dry vac in both directions to keep the duster clean and remove and hard particles that might have been transferred from the rockers.

Sounds like a lot but its' quick and worth it.

Hope this helps

Jim
That helps a lot deciding on the product!!

Just one last question, lets say you wash the car today, do you use the duster tomorrow too, and the day after tomorrow too, and so on? (No rain, just normal driving and parking outside). Or just the same day you wash the car?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #13
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
It will create swirls.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #14
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I have 2 California Dusters. 1 in the garage to dust the car off before it leaves the garage, and 1 in the trunk that I use at car shows. Have used them now for 4 years, I love them and no scratches. I do use them very very gently on the car. If you do the same you will also love them.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote