Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #6987
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
one thing I will tell you is that try to choose the closest to you. if you are in the Denver Area I would def recommend Clint@AIR good guy, good prices, and good work!
I just came ack from Purifoy In FT Lupton. Test drove a 08 coupe 560 miles o it. Great hape auto 39K any thoughts Are you paying higher insurance for your vette compared to your Camaro?
Attached Images

wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #6988
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
I just came ack from Purifoy In FT Lupton. Test drove a 08 coupe 560 miles o it. Great hape auto 39K any thoughts Are you paying higher insurance for your vette compared to your Camaro?
This year my vette insurance dropped a lot. I pay about $510/6months. But I have multiple cars under my name. I have many points on my DL. Plus I lost it for 6months at some point. I used to pay 1020/6months and then dropped to 780/6mon. So you will probably pay less assuming you are older and have a better record than me LOL.

39k for an 08 is too much. I don't really care about the mileage. You can buy an 06-07 Z06 for Mid 30s and between 20-30K miles. My buddy is selling his 06 with a brand new engine and warranty till 2015 for $40000 with 32k miles on the car and only 3k miles on the new motor.

Yes higher mileage but at the end you will be driving a Z06!

Just my opinion.

Hope this helps!
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #6989
wontsellit

While I do agree I could probably find somethng less expensive I then would have to turn around and sell my Camaro myself. Call me old and lazy but I really have a lot of things going on and time is very limted. I KBB and it's right around 38K
I'm just looking for your knowledge of some major reason I shouldn't even consider the 08. Though we have never meet in person I value your knowledge,especially on vettes.
Thank you because you have opened up my thinking...I'm just short on time and I really don't want the hassle of trying to get the price they are giving me on my trade. I know things about my car that they don't.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #6990
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
I think Purifoy is a pretty straight up dealer. While looking for a zl1 I went there a couple of times and they have not been the typical jack wagens that you get at most car dealerships. I too have thought about trading my camaro and think that their offer was more fair than other chevy dealerships.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #6991
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Garth can you give me the name and # for that place that fixes dents?
http://www.dentsbyhand.com/ Micheal Hand is the owner..... pro at what he does
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #6992
wontsellit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
I think Purifoy is a pretty straight up dealer. While looking for a zl1 I went there a couple of times and they have not been the typical jack wagens that you get at most car dealerships. I too have thought about trading my camaro and think that their offer was more fair than other chevy dealerships.
Their allotted ZL1 qwent out the door today while I was there .Guy bought it for his kids.
Liked their sales department.I only went in to set up an appointment for my A/C and once I started talking I almost owned one!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #6993
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
Mac's dyno is probably the highest for some reason. even their uncorrected numbers. they use a weather station to correct their numbers, they dont manipulate it in any way its just their dyno reads a little higher. AIR's dyno is a little less than MAC's dyno.

what you really need to know is your before and after numbers. thats the most imp thing. also ask for your uncorrected #s because thats what matters here and thats what your car is really making at this altitude.

Clint Good luck with the new shop! cant wait to see it........
Personally, I know all the local dynojets vary a bit based on model/age/etc (same tune).... but can't be played with - just a great tool. Which is what all dynos are anyway. Lingenfelters drums were literally wearing out from use.... got replaced on their most recent remodel. Mac's is the nicest dyno, but worn in dyno says something about the tuner too.

Nothing in particulair to back it up, but wouldn't personally take mine to Corvette connections - did it once to verify #s & fuel problem Clint found later. .... don't think they know much about Camaro's and seem to pack the cars in the shop like sardines - no thanks. Seems more like Corvette storage shop.

RMCR's new shop, and now AIR's on the way - all these muscle car wars must be great for bussiness
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #6994
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Their allotted ZL1 qwent out the door today while I was there .Guy bought it for his kids.
If there was ever a statement that does more to validate my ramblings of disgust and loathing for Chevy calling this latest mass-produced car a ZL-1, there it is. "Bought it for his kids!"
No respect for the true history of the ZL1 heritage.

It's a high-powered car with a road-race suspension, hence Z-28.

Thanks!!!
Can't wait to see one loaded up with groceries at the local Wal-Mart
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #6995
wontsellit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
If there was ever a statement that does more to validate my ramblings of disgust and loathing for Chevy calling this latest mass-produced car a ZL-1, there it is. "Bought it for his kids!"
No respect for the true history of the ZL1 heritage.

It's a high-powered car with a road-race suspension, hence Z-28.

Thanks!!!
Can't wait to see one loaded up with groceries at the local Wal-Mart
Why do you hate on us who chose to actually drive the car instead of admiring ourself in the reflection in the garage after you have spent 8 hrs detailing it with Expensive Adams products ...because it might have gotten a little dust on it while sitting idle for 6 months?
Glad I was reserved in my expression of my true feelings!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #6996
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Why do you hate on us who chose to actually drive the car instead of admiring ourself in the reflection in the garage after you have spent 8 hrs detailing it with Expensive Adams products ...because it might have gotten a little dust on it while sitting idle for 6 months?
Glad I was reserved in my expression of my true feelings!
Just how many levels of mental are you? What does disagreeing with what Chevy named the "ZL-not-1" have to do with your perception of how I feel about people who drive their cars?

If you're gonna bitch at me and support the ZL1 bandwagon, fine, your opinion counts just as much as mine so feel free to bite off a nice chunk of that $58,000 marketing ploy. Not my cup of tea and I stated why. In case you missed it, I don't agree with Chevy resurrecting a super rare and exclusive nameplate and mass-producing it.
The reason my car is sitting pretty in the garage until May is not because I sit in my lawn chair admiring it, but because I've been in Afghanistan for the last 6 months, so feel free to KISS my #$%! Matter of fact, my wife drove my car today and we live on a dirt road, so I'm sure it's all nice and dusty and dirty...just for you. Want me to have her send you a pic?

Are we having fun yet? lol
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears

Last edited by AquaRSSS; 04-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #6997
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
^^ ROFLMAO@U2
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #6998
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
^^ ROFLMAO@U2
I seek to entertain.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #6999
wontsellit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
I seek to entertain.
First off thank you for your service to our country....Now we'll have at it.

I have no issues with your feelings towards the ZL. I wouldn't buy one for what it cost. What does burn me is your last comment about seeing one at the grocery store. Come to Longmont pretty much any day of the week and you'll see my hitch mounted Camaro loading up some food.Or like Garth you might run into me at Lowes with my motorcycle trailer on the back loading up some wood. In 2 weeks come to the Boulder res and you'll see me taking my daughters bike that she uses for Triathlons off the bike rack I have coming off the hitch. Point is.. to me at least is it's a great car and I use it everyday rain or snow.I add power adders to go faster to race it. Not tip toe the glass ballerina to car shows where I can sit on my ass and reshine it so some dickhead Pinto can beat me in best of class cause he knows the Mayor.
Now where you fall into the..Oh my god it might rain this yr I have to garage the princess...well I don't know. Nor really care as long as you don't go around snickering at those of us who chose to drive ours.

Once again Thank you for your service. My concerns are there for you and everyone else over in that hell hole. And if your wife did get it dirty,I'm sure anyone of us would go clean it to try and show some appreciation for what you do and what she has to go through while your away.

Now before anyone who garages or sparingly drives their car gets their panties in a bunch let me say I don't care what you do with your cars. However if you jump into the barrel with the ones who mock those of us who do things with our cars you would never think of doing then all bets are off.............Man that felt good!

Especially since the friggin Devils lost in OT!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #7000
wontsellit

I better tone it down a bit. I've lost almost 40 lbs since Dec. And I'm not the fat sh** I used to be.
I got one guy who works for the Post Office pissed at me and now someone in the military who post here. Frankly I'm still more afraid of the guy working at the Post Office..

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro