Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #7001
Rat

Drives: ZL1/TBSS/COPO
Hello all

My order was submitted on Friday for my new car. I'm so excited it's not even funny.

Nice to see lots of Colorado peeps here.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #7002
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
First off thank you for your service to our country....Now we'll have at it.

I have no issues with your feelings towards the ZL. I wouldn't buy one for what it cost. What does burn me is your last comment about seeing one at the grocery store. Come to Longmont pretty much any day of the week and you'll see my hitch mounted Camaro loading up some food.Or like Garth you might run into me at Lowes with my motorcycle trailer on the back loading up some wood. In 2 weeks come to the Boulder res and you'll see me taking my daughters bike that she uses for Triathlons off the bike rack I have coming off the hitch. Point is.. to me at least is it's a great car and I use it everyday rain or snow.I add power adders to go faster to race it. Not tip toe the glass ballerina to car shows where I can sit on my ass and reshine it so some dickhead Pinto can beat me in best of class cause he knows the Mayor.
Now where you fall into the..Oh my god it might rain this yr I have to garage the princess...well I don't know. Nor really care as long as you don't go around snickering at those of us who chose to drive ours.

Once again Thank you for your service. My concerns are there for you and everyone else over in that hell hole. And if your wife did get it dirty,I'm sure anyone of us would go clean it to try and show some appreciation for what you do and what she has to go through while your away.

Now before anyone who garages or sparingly drives their car gets their panties in a bunch let me say I don't care what you do with your cars. However if you jump into the barrel with the ones who mock those of us who do things with our cars you would never think of doing then all bets are off.............Man that felt good!

Especially since the friggin Devils lost in OT!

He-he..
Well, for anyone that knows me, I'm not a take it on the trailer to car shows kinda guy. I plan on drivin to Camaro Fest, racing it and then head to Detroit for the Dreamcruise this year, so that's not me. Love the rebuttal. Least we got some good conversation going on now. I was figuring that the two or so ZL1 owners would kick in and talk smack, but not yet.
Not sure I could ever bring myself to doing the trailer-hitch thing though....In that respect, I am too much of a purist. I have a truck for that. Pretty sure we had this discussion many months ago when you first posted that. Insert dead horse comment here. And yes, on occasion I take my car to get groceries, but the Camaro trunk isn't exactly good for that; plus the nitrous bottles take up too much room. I'm way too retentive to leave my car in a parking lot full of mini-vans and soccer moms, so in that respect I definitely baby it. I park way the F out there if I have to do that. Mine is not an everyday car.

I do enjoy going to a car show once in a while, but it's more about showing off the work and making a car unique than winning for me. I see plenty of people on the ABM thread with a bag of trophies with their bone stock Camaros and it's just a big WTF? You went to the dealer, got a loan, drove it home and now you get a trophy at a show? Someone please explain that to me. Which brings me back to the ZL-not-1's. When Camaro Fest rolls around, I bet not a single owner of these cars will have made any mods to them, with the exception of Lingenfelter, and they don't count. That's their job. There will be 50 of them in a row, all bone stock. Car guys mess with their cars. Period. We'll see. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing not. I'd stand and admire a V6 Camaro with a home-made Twin Turbo system before a bone stock anything any day...but that's just me being me.
Off to sleep. Maybe we can vent again tomorrow.
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #7003
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Quote:
While I do agree I could probably find somethng less expensive I then would have to turn around and sell my Camaro myself. Call me old and lazy but I really have a lot of things going on and time is very limted. I KBB and it's right around 38K
I'm just looking for your knowledge of some major reason I shouldn't even consider the 08. Though we have never meet in person I value your knowledge,especially on vettes.
Thank you because you have opened up my thinking...I'm just short on time and I really don't want the hassle of trying to get the price they are giving me on my trade. I know things about my car that they don't.
I see your point. there is nothing wrong with the 08s. but in general the newer the better. every year they came up with little more options. the problem with the 08 is that your warranty is only good till 2012-2013. you can buy a little higher mileage 09 for mid 30s so if you think you can drop the price of your camaro couple thousands and get a cheaper newer vette it will be even I think.

If you are thinking about modding it in the future, I would strongly recommend buying a used modded vette. because it will be cheaper than doing it yourself. just something that you might want to think about. been there done that... a lot cheaper!!

if you dont mind a 6speed then get a Z06!! as mentioned in my previous post. you can find an 06-07 for mid 30s but with 20-30k miles or maybe a little more.
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #7004
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Glad all you colorado guys are playing nice . This saturday is the first golden cruise hopefully we will see you there.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #7005
KRamdathZL1

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #353
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrfan View Post
I think they stopped having it at the Ford Dealership last year sometime. They meet over behind Park Meadows at The Great Indoors parking lot.

Were you driving around Parker this morning on Jordan? If so, I was the one in the VR w/white stripes driving along side of you
YEAH! that was me! I LOVE your car!
And those sequential led taillights......
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #7006
ceyl

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Tuning

Alright guy's, another question. More of a poll I guess.

Jannetty tune or local tune shop?
ceyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #7007
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
local tune. since you are in denver I would rec Clint@AIR. he posts here. a forum vendor.
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #7008
Dads5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyl View Post

Local tune. I also recommend Clint at A.I.R. He does great work at a fair price. He did my cam work and my tune.

Tim
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #7009
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyl View Post

OMG,that you would even ask a question like that could get you banned from this site.
Anyone else besides gods gift to the Camaro and speed tuning world is unexceptable.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure which way I'm going with this.
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #7010
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Wow you need a hug.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #7011
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Quote:
I better tone it down a bit. I've lost almost 40 lbs since Dec. And I'm not the fat sh** I used to be.
I got one guy who works for the Post Office pissed at me and now someone in the military who post here. Frankly I'm still more afraid of the guy working at the Post Office..
You should be.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #7012
wontsellit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
You should be.
Remember we have #3 to link us.You wouldn't hurt a fellow Dale fan now would you?
Jr is doing well so far this year!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #7013
wontsellit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
Wow you need a hug.
Nah,this is what happens when the Devils lose a playoff game.Only thing worse than being beat by Philly would be to lose to the Rangers.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #7014
wontsellit

Trust me had I known AquaRSSS was in the military or AG383 was a postal worker I'd never of messed with them.I'm from Jersey not stupidville.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro