Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
LMC2013

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
go here:

http://www.toptiergas.com/

buy premium from one of the listed companies....

be happy.......dont worry
interesting..thanks
LMC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #30
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC2013 View Post
I saw on some specs that a 2ss has premium gas recommended but not required...has anyone tried different octain fuel?
I think that if you look in the owners manual , about any fluid , like brake fluid , antifreeze , oils , trans/rear end / engine etc , it only says RECOMMENDED

But since you own the car , hey .
But I happen to assume that they know better than us .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #31
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
To be frankly honest with you guys, I dont even look at gas prices anymore. I am not well off by any means but those numbers just dont apply to me. Therefore who gives a flying crap! haha. I go to the pump put 93 in and walk away.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
To be frankly honest with you guys, I dont even look at gas prices anymore. I am not well off by any means but those numbers just dont apply to me. Therefore who gives a flying crap! haha. I go to the pump put 93 in and walk away.
Me either. I probably make way less than most of the SS owners here and I usually don't even care to look. My car needs gas no matter how much it costs and I know it needs 93 for it to run to it's full potential.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
This. I pull into Shell, I pay, I hit 93, I drive away.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator333 View Post
Me either. I probably make way less than most of the SS owners here and I usually don't even care to look. My car needs gas no matter how much it costs and I know it needs 93 for it to run to it's full potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
This. I pull into Shell, I pay, I hit 93, I drive away.
Its kind of hilarious when my friends are talking about gas prices and stuff. how they got it for so and so. And there I am sitting all awkwardly in the corner smirking to myself. Then they finally realize that I don't even pay attention to it because those numbers literally do not apply to me.

Look I actually traded my 2010 silverado in for the Camaro because of gas mileage and prices.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #35
mikeyg36

Quote:
Its kind of hilarious when my friends are talking about gas prices and stuff. how they got it for so and so. And there I am sitting all awkwardly in the corner smirking to myself. Then they finally realize that I don't even pay attention to it because those numbers literally do not apply to me.

Look I actually traded my 2010 silverado in for the Camaro because of gas mileage and prices.
Same exact thing with me. I always get asked why I fill up at Shell instead of costco. When I tell them it's because Shell has better gas, they always say that it's all the same and it comes from the middle east. I just laugh it off and shake my head. People are clueless.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
For anyone in the Northeast and Florida I suggest using Wawa's premium grade gas.
1.) It's always cheap
2.) It's of very high quality and there are additives, etc.
3.) All the fuel is domestic.
4.) Wawa is american, and so are the employees.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #37
driyac

Quote:
Same exact thing with me. I always get asked why I fill up at Shell instead of costco. When I tell them it's because Shell has better gas, they always say that it's all the same and it comes from the middle east. I just laugh it off and shake my head. People are clueless.
Here around me, I have yet to find a gas that my car really likes. I have tried them all but still just havent found that "one"
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #38
mikeyg36

Quote:
Here around me, I have yet to find a gas that my car really likes. I have tried them all but still just havent found that "one"
Neither have I, but I know it hates Costco
Everyone else on here uses Shell, so I just do the same.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC2013 View Post
It was a simple question...not sure why everyone gets so hostile
Maybe because you came in here with a question about octane, and then decided to "educate" us about octane?

Did you even read the link that APEX Chase provided? Should have answered all your questions about why you CAN use 87 in your SS, but you SHOULDN'T--unless you don't mind losing performance.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #40
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
+1
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #41
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
The differences in octane number originate in chemical mixtures created at the refinery, and different grades of gasoline are kept separate throughout the distribution process. The right grade to buy is the one your particular car was engineered for; you need to use only a grade high enough to prevent knock. ''Putting premium in a car designed to run on lower octane is a waste of money,'' said Dennis Simanaitis, the engineering editor of Road and Track magazine.
Using regular in a car designed for premium, however, is a mistake. ''If a car is rated to run on premium, it will still run on 87 or 89, but the engine computer will dial back its performance and you won't get optimum performance or gas mileage,'' Mr. Simanaitis said. In that kind of car, ''using premium fuel will eliminate the knock,'' he added, ''and the engine computer will deliver full performance.''
So which grade of gasoline is right for your car? Look in your owner's manual.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #42
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, you said it twice. Why don't they apply to you? Please expound. Are you related to Ayatollah Khomeini and his cronies have 93 octane shipped to your house in several 55 gallon drums?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote