Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #141
Wildcut

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2013
Check the Bushnell looks so close to the Moultrie one.
Wildcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #142
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Wow just wow can't believe this is still happening. Please be patient and tenacious and catch this piece of $hit.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #143
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I kind of understand your position in terms of your parking arrangement. If it were me I would not allow my personal property to be exposed to random acts of vandalism and/or damage. The best thing to do (if you intend to keep the car) would be to remove it from that parking area to a remote space, preferably a private garage. You could look up parking/storage spaces for rent in your area (in case you haven't considered it) on craigslist, as an example. The damage has become extensive enough to require repainting, thus at a point the malicious keying/damage has to stop or you will continually have to repair/repaint the damages done to the car.

On the other hand, if this is your only car then I can see where your parking choices would be limited. Getting a remote parking or storage space away from your house will require you to have a second car or a DD. This is a tough situation to be in, but the first and IMO best option would be to remove the car from this crime scene. Good luck in resolving this dilemma that you are in, as it has gone on far too long.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #144
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Damn man, this pisses me off so much I'm about to jump on a plan and camp out for you!

F the managements that doesn't want camaros, you got to do something about this.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #145
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
This repeated act of vandalism is IMO more from someone who is a sociopath, probably a young man (or woman) under the age of 18, who has resentment issues related to their family environment. Probably angry at his/her dad for not being able to afford an exciting and inspiring vehicle. Or maybe his/her father is a died-in-the-wool chevy hater and he/she is carrying out acts that the father would not do.

I would say that this person is very aware of your comings and goings. I believe that at this point, it is priority to discover this menace to society so that they do not continue this behavior and torment other people who work hard at possessing what they have. Be strong and persevere, use all available resources and he/she will be caught. You have everyone's support here in this thread.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 12-08-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #146
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
No excuse for this nonsense - like many people I too have been the victim of seemingly random acts of vandalism against my property (vehicles, specifically).

Like...I don't mess with anyone or their property. I just keep to myself, and all I want is to be left alone. Apparently that is too much to ask.

Hope you find that POS and educate them.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #147
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
make sure this guy dont live there
Old 12-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #148
Wildcut

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2013
I appreciate the sentiments but moving the car does not solve it. Move it for how long? It is also my only car and paying another bill to park elsewhere?
I choose to stand; this is something I own and am REALLY proud of my ZL1. Spent 2.5 years without a vehicle saving for this ever since I saw its website in 2011.
So catching this person is my only option.
Wildcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #149
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
I was very surprised how nice of a garage it looks. reading this I had been wondering if it was in a bad section but damn theres not even bubble gum on the concrete
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #150
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
^^I'd move that car permanently before I'd allow another stitch to get on it. Standing your ground I can understand, but at what cost? Having to do an extensive repaint, or worse still, not being able to repaint because the undetectable lowlife perpetrator is still at large causing random damage to your property??

To answer your question, I do lease a separate storage space away from my residence so as to insure that I do not deal with instances of cowardice and random acts of idiocy against my property.

Ok seriously (rant off because this really ticks me off) I can understand the situation that you're in because you do not have the luxury of having another vehicle or a readily available space to store your zl1 in. I am challenging you to consider an alternative (as stated earlier) as opposed to suffering continued attacks to your property.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic

Last edited by lbls1; 12-09-2013 at 07:59 AM.
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #151
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobyd View Post
make sure this guy dont live there

Just remember when using a game camera, that a guy like this is always "in season".
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #152
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
cant believe the guy in the video , after he keyed all 3 cars he went back to the first to check his work.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #153
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
My first priority would be to catch this guy.

Have you thought about a thick car cover to reduce the damage?

http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/formfit.html

http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/evolution.html <-- This one can be locked.

Both of these covers protect against dings. They should help a ton against scratches. (Would rather let them tear up the cover than the paint.)

I would consider it as it will take a ton more time and effort for the person to damage the car. That extra time would increase the potential of them being caught. In addition it would make the person's intent clear as they could not say it was an accident as they would have to intentionally lift the cover to access the car.

Maybe add a car alarm which would go off when they do the additional tampering? My goal would be to make the crime hard to commit which hopefully would discourage them from doing it.

Just an idea.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #154
nl12

Drives: Unicycle
Hire some sort of mercenary or "fixer". Let them solve the problem as they see fit. A private investigator would probably work too if you want to be more friendly about it.
nl12 is offline   Reply With Quote