Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #85
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
I have 2 funny stories:

1. Before I bought my Camaro I had a Daewoo Lanos which I decided that I should change the drum brakes all by myself - never really did any research, I just did the brakes. Well to my amusement I was driving on a major street 45 miles per hour when one of my two awesome back wheels completely came off with the drum and went into the nearby forest. My car came to a stop after I picked up half of the street behind me. The friend which I bought it from made so much fun of me that it was one of the regular expected things that would come out of his mount when we would see each other.

2. With this in mind story number 2 - I buy my camaro and 3 days later am showing it out and reving up the engine and doing burnouts - he tells me he has a hot date and he would really be thankful if he takes her out in my new ride. This is a really good friend so I would not mind lending him my ride if he knew how to drive stick. Well the conclusion my answer was remember when you made so much fun of me for trying to fix my own brakes - HELLLLLL NOOOO! Payback is the B word!
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #86
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
not really a request... but I was filling the tank when I had a guy walk out and he was eyeballing the Monster (Ciaran) and he asked me if it was an 80's model??

I smiled and said no its a 2014 he said oh that looks really nice just as he ran into the soda cooler in between the pumps
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #87
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
No gas station luv

Me and the wife are at the gas station, i get out to start pumping. Lady walks all around the car complimenting and such not a prob. It quickly became an issue when she asked when she could go for a ride in it and that she could handle "stick". See my wife rolled down the window and explained to her that for the near foreseeable future the "stick" was taken.

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #88
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
walking out of Canadian tire in Leamington (tomato capital of the world! so theres many immigrant workers). there was a group of greenhouse workers standing around it I used the auto start and kinda startled em all off!! As I got closer to the car only 3 are still standing there I opened the door to get in and one of them asked if it was my car? I replied yes it was. he proceeded to ask if he could take a pic? obviously had no problem whats a picture right?? he then climbs into the driver seat!! I couldn't believe it!! I just looked over at my buddy in disbelief lol then he hands me his phone I take a couple pics and he gets out grinning ear to ear. no harm done I guess, would have said no if I knew what his intentions were. that's the last time somebody "takes a picture!!" of my car lol
Old 12-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #89
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
i had a mom offer to pay me $20 to drive her daughter to the prom in my car.. they randomly asked me at a gas station. (i didn't know them)

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #90
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I got a text one day from a cute friend of mine, she said, "Was that you at the gas station? I love that car, when are you going to ride me in it? ;-)"

I've been trying to arrange my schedule ever since, of course my wife would not be impressed.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #91
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
never loan your Girlfriend or car..they always come back ****ed!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #92
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Seems like every time I take the Camaro through the drive through I get asked one of two things...
Male at the window," just hand me your keys and we'll call it even"
Girl, " Pleeeese take me for a ride"
But no matter what they always say what a great looking car it is.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #93
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
WTF?! Like she would honestly expect you to say yes. That's ridiculous...
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #94
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobyd View Post
never loan your Girlfriend or car..they always come back ****ed!
Who does? The car or the girl?
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #95
Kokle

Drives: Volvo S60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
Who does? The car or the girl?
Both
Kokle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #96
RelentlessCamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
this ones for you angrybird lol I pulled up to a gas sation about a month ago. A police officer (johnson city) was on the other side of the pump as me and as I got out of my car he walked over the barrier and took a look inside my car and looked at me and said i'll race ya.. i kinda just stood there in shock and started laughing..as he he said well nevermind i'd proably get smoked..i said sir i'd never do anything like that..he got back in his car and drove off, i paid and as i went dwn the road he was sitting on the side of the road radarin people..i held my breath lol
RelentlessCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #97
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessCamaro View Post
this ones for you angrybird lol I pulled up to a gas sation about a month ago. A police officer (johnson city) was on the other side of the pump as me and as I got out of my car he walked over the barrier and took a look inside my car and looked at me and said i'll race ya.. i kinda just stood there in shock and started laughing..as he he said well nevermind i'd proably get smoked..i said sir i'd never do anything like that..he got back in his car and drove off, i paid and as i went dwn the road he was sitting on the side of the road radarin people..i held my breath lol
Probably in one of the Impalas. He was waiting for you I guess...
Old 12-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #98
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
I got a text one day from a cute friend of mine, she said, "Was that you at the gas station? I love that car, when are you going to ride me in it? ;-)"

I've been trying to arrange my schedule ever since, of course my wife would not be impressed.
Hope she wasn't the same one that came up to me in Bloomington and asked what she had to do to get a ride in my car!
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote